How to Sync NAS to Google Drive: 2 Useful Ways and 1 Tip
On this page, you can see how to sync NAS to Google Drive in 2 effective ways. And another useful tip to sync between clouds is also introduced here.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
NAS, also known as Network-attached storage, is dedicated file storage that allows multiple users and client devices to retrieve data from a centralized disk capacity. It has some advantages like improving performance, reducing the cost of ownership, and freeing up bandwidth.
But compared with cloud services like Google Drive, there are more limitations and disadvantages in NAS: inconvenient access to data, bad influences on network quality, etc. As a result, you may want to use some valuable features in Google Drive to make your experience better.
Can you connect NAS to Google Drive? Of course, yes. In the following part, we will take Synology NAS as an example and show you how to sync NAS to Google Drive with ease.
To perform Synology Google Drive sync, there are 2 common methods: using a built-in feature or a professional cloud service. You can learn about different guidelines of them and then choose the more suitable solution to sync NAS to Google Drive.
On Synology NAS, there is a useful tool called Synology cloud sync. It allows you to sync data from Synology NAS to a public cloud drive, including Google Drive, Amazon Drive, Box, and more. You can go to the Package Center to install the Cloud Sync tool on your Synology NAS.
Now, you can follow the easy steps here to perform Synology Sync to Google Drive:
1. After installing the Cloud Sync tool, run it properly.
2. Then it will ask you to choose a public cloud to sync. On this page, click on the Google Drive option.
3. Then you will see the Task setting window.
After configuration, click on the Next button.
4. Here is the information on your cloud sync task setting, please check it. After confirming, click on the Apply button to perform Synology cloud sync to Google Drive with the cloud sync tool.
The built-in cloud sync tool is convenient to use, but there is a limitation to it. A task in the Cloud Sync tool can only sync one folder from NAS to Google Drive. If you want to create bulk upload to Google Drive, you need to create and set up more tasks to do it.
For a better user experience, we provide a professional tool called AOMEI Backupper Server to help you sync NAS to Google Drive smoothly.
In AOMEI Backupper, you are allowed to sync NAS to many types of locations like public cloud drives, external hard drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, etc.
If you create a sync task with AOMEI Backupper, you can enjoy many valuable features like:
● Selective sync frequency: There are some different time modes that you can choose for your sync task, including daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
● Different sync methods: You can choose one-way sync or two-way sync in AOMEI Backupper.
● File filter: The setting can help you to include or exclude file extensions to sync.
Download and install the AOMEI Backupper desktop client on your computer. And you also need to get the Google Drive for Desktop client.
Here is a simple guideline to sync NAS to Google Drive easily and quickly with AOMEI Backupper:
1. Run the AOMEI Backupper desktop client on your computer.
2. Click on the Sync icon on the left panel. Then choose the Real-Time Sync option here.
3. Press the + Add Folder button > Share/NAS.
4. In the window, click on Add Share or NAS Devices. Then you can input the network path of your Synology NAS. Then click on the OK button.
5. Press the drop-triangle icon > Select a cloud drive.
6. Choose Google Drive here. Then click on OK. You can also create NAS Dropbox sync, and NAS OneDrive sync.
7. After the above, click on the Start Sync button here to sync NAS to Google Drive directly.
In addition to Google Drive, you may use some other public cloud drives for daily life and work. After syncing data from NAS to Google Drive, if you want to transfer files between different clouds, here we recommend you a free cloud backup service - CBackup to help you.
CBackup is a free cloud service that offers many backup and sync features, containing backup or sync PC to cloud, combine cloud storage, cloud to cloud backup or sync, etc.
If you want to transfer or move files from Google Drive to another cloud drive, you can try the cloud to cloud sync feature in CBackup for free. You are allowed to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. Besides, you can transfer Google Drive to another account easily.
Following any way above can help you to sync NAS to Google Drive effectively. After learning some information about them, you can make your own decision. A professional cloud tool like AOMEI Backupper is more comprehensive for your sync tasks. With it, you can create auto sync folder to Google Drive and other locations without limitation.