Google Drive is one of the most mainstream backup storage for PC around the world, bringing a lot of convenience to you in daily life. Google Drive gives each account 15GB of free cloud storage space for free and integrates perfectly with other Google apps like Gmail, Google Photos, etc.
As a result, you may upload local files and drives to Google Drive for backup, sharing, and more features. Then, how to upload local files or sync local drive to Google Drive? Is there any easy method for it? The best free approaches are introduced in detail in the following part.
Best free way to sync local drive to Google Drive
How to sync local drive with Google Drive directly? There is the easier free way to sync local drive to Google Drive - a cloud backup service called CBackup.
CBackup provides stable backup and sync features for free. In CBackup, all mainstream cloud drives are supported to be the sync destination and all kinds of data can be the sync source. So you can perform Google Drive local folder sync, local drive sync, and even the entire computer sync. Besides, you can sync to other cloud drives like OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
More conveniently, there is a Scheduler feature in CBackup so that you can set Google backup and sync schedule for automatic tasks, which will save much time and effort.
Now, let’s see how to sync local drive to Google Drive automatically and easily:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop app on your computer for free. Sign up for a new account and open the desktop app to log into your account.
2. Click on the Storage tab in the left taskbar. Choose Google Drive > Authorize Now. Give CBackup authorization to access your Google Drive account then.
Tip: CBackup uses OAuth authorization system and will never save you login information. You do not have to worry about your account security.
3. Click on Sync > Sync PC to Public Cloud to create a new sync task.
4. Choose your local drive as the sync source. Then choose a folder in the Google Drive account as the sync destination. In CBackup, you can also sync external hard drive to Google Drive.
5. You can click the Settings button on the left bottom to set up the Scheduler feature. There are 4 different choices for sync frequency. After selecting, click Start Sync on the sync task page to perform sync hard drive to Google Drive.
Tips: In CBackup, you can try more useful features for free.
● Backup PC to public cloud: In addition to the sync feature, CBackup also provides a free backup feature to help you backup local data to mainstream cloud like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. ● Combine cloud stoage: With its help, you can get more cloud storage for free by merging different cloud drive accounts into a combined cloud. ● Free cloud storage: CBackup gives each account 10GB of free cloud storage to store data.
How to sync files in local drive to Google Drive: 3 tips here
To perform a sync task for files in local drive, there are 3 effective solutions. We will introduce them one by one with detailed operation steps. You can select a suitable way to sync your files in local drive to Google Drive.
Tip 1. Sync local drive files to Google Drive with Drive for Desktop
First, Google Drive offers a desktop client called Drive for Desktop and you can download it from Google Drive official website securely. This desktop client is a traditional way to sync local folder to Google Drive so you can choose folders in your local drive to sync hard drive with Google Drive.
After downloading and installing the Drive for Desktop on your computer, you can follow the steps below to sync files or folders in local drive to Google Drive easily:
1. Launch the Drive for Desktop client, and press the Sign in with browser button to log into your Google Drive account.
2. Choose My Computer on the left menu, then click on Add folder to choose any folder in your local drive or the entire drive.
3. In the pop-up Setting window, tick the box next to Sync with Google Drive. Then press Done.
4. After confirming, click on Save to syncthe selected local folder in local drive to Google Drive automatically.
Tip: Please make sure there is enough cloud storage in your Google Drive account. Otherwise, you will exceed the Google Drive storage limit and cause the Google Drive desktop not syncing issue.
Tip 2. Sync local drive files to Google Drive on the official website
There is another traditional way to sync local files to Google Drive to Google Drive using Google Drive official website. This solution does not require you to download extra software and you can do it in a browser directly. But it is a manual method and will cost you a lot of time and effort.
If you decide to choose this manual method, please refer to this guideline:
1. Open a browser on your computer and navigate to Google Drive website. Then log into your Google Drive account.
2. On the My Drive page, choose Upload files... or Upload folder... to choose your files in local drive in the next pop-up window to sync to Google Drive.
Tip 3. Sync local drive files to Google Drive with CBackup
In addition to syncing the entire local drive to Google Drive, CBackup also supports to sync files from local drive to Google Drive. Just refer to the simple guideline here to move files from computer to Google Drive with ease:
1. Run the CBackup client and log into your account.
2. After adding your Google Drive account to CBackup, create a sync task likewise.
3. Choose files or folders from local drive as the sync source. Then choose a folder in the Google Drive account as the sync destination. After that, click Start Sync to sync local drive files to Google Drive easily.
Note: You can set up Scheduler in file sync task to make it perform automatically as well.
Increase Google Drive cloud storage for free
Generally, your local drive stores large number of data that important to you. You need to make sure that your Google Drive account has enough storage space before you set up a local drive sync to Google Drive.
In addition to paying for subscription plans in Google Drive, you can also increase Google Drive storage for free with the combine cloud storage in CBackup. To merge multiple Google Drive accounts into a large combined cloud, please follow the easy guideline below:
1. Add all your Google Drive accounts to CBackup likewise.
2. Go to the Storage part, and choose + Add Combined Cloud.
3. Tick the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge, then click on Next. You can determine the order of your cloud drives. After that, choose Combine to form a new combined cloud.
Then, you can use the combine cloud as backup destination by choosing Backup PC to Combined Cloud in the Backup part.
The bottom line
How to sync local drive to Google Drive? Now you get the best free solution called CBackup. If just want to sync files in local drive, you have 3 different choices including 2 traditional methods from Google Drive.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup