How to Sync 2 Google Drive Accounts on Your Computer | 4 Free Ways
Read this article to learn how to sync 2 Google Drive accounts easily and 1 tip about managing multiple Google accounts on a single computer.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Google Drive is an online cloud storage service launched by Google. People choose Google Drive because of its high security and high integration with other Google Workspace apps, like Gmail, Chat, Google Docs, etc. Plenty of Drive users have more than one Google Drive account. One or two accounts are used to store personal files, such as photos, videos, the other applies to work documents.
However, when it comes to syncing 2 Google Drive accounts, you will find there is no official way for you to get synchronizations of the content in two Google Drive accounts. And Google only allows you to sync one Drive account per desktop. How to sync two Google Drive accounts on your computer? How to manage multiple Google Drive accounts on a single computer? Keep on reading to find clear answers.
In this chapter, we will provide you with four different ways to solve how to transfer one Google Drive to another. These methods vary in terms of difficulty and ease. If you need to synchronize the entire account or a large number of files in the account, we recommend that you choose the first method, because it is the easiest and most efficient.
CBackup is a professional cloud backup/sync service. It supports seamless synchronization of two Google Drive accounts with no need to switch accounts. It enables you to perform cloud to cloud sync as well, which allows you to synchronize Google Drive to other cloud storage providers, including OneDrive, Dropbox, FTP/SFTP, etc. effortlessly.
In addition, there is a special feature in CBackup - cloud storage combination. Specifically, with CBackup, you can merge two or more Google Drive accounts to manage the whole storage space of all Google accounts easily.
Follow the guide below to learn details about how to sync one Google Drive to another.
1. Locate the CBackup sign-up page, sign up for a CBackup account, and log in to it.
2. In the My Storage section, tap on Add Cloud. In the pop-up Add Cloud window, select Google Drive to click Add. Then, sign in to your Google Drive accounts to warrant CBackup to access your Google Drive files. After that, connect your the other Google account with CBackup in the same way.
3. Click on Sync Tasks and New Task.
4. Hit Add Source to select one of your Google Drive accounts as the sync source.
5. Press Add Destination and choose the other Google accounts as your sync destination. Tap on Start Sync to carry out the sync.
✎Note: CBackup entitles you to add and manage multiple Google Drive accounts on one computer on a single interface. With the CBackup desktop app, you can perform backup files to Google Drive automatically too. Just download it and have a try.
The share feature of Google Drive allows you to share all files and folders you save in Google Drive with other Google accounts. You can decide whether people can edit, view, or comment on the shared documents.
1. Go to the Google Drive website, log in with the Google account that you want to sync files to another account. Click on the New button in the upper left corner, and hit Folder to create a new folder.
2. Drag and drop these files that need to be synced to this newly-created folder. And right-click it to select Share.
3. Add the username or the email address of your second account, and confirm it.
4. Open the incognito mode of your chrome, log in with your second account, select the Shared with me folder to tap Add to My Drive. Then, the shared folder will be displayed in the My Drive section.
You can also sync files from one Google Drive account to another via downloading and uploading them manually. Here are steps to doing it:
1. Log in to the account that you want to sync data to another. In the My Drive tab, select these files/folders you wanna get synced, right-click them, and pick Download.
2. Open another browser window, sign in with your second Google Drive account, click New > Upload files or Upload folder, or drag and drop files/folder to sync items to it.
You can sync multiple Google Drive accounts on Mac or Windows with the Google Drive desktop application as well. But it should be noted that the original Google Drive desktop app - Google Backup and Sync (for individual users) and Drive File Stream (for business users) have been replaced by the new one - Drive for desktop. If you need to use the desktop application to synchronize your account, you should download the new desktop application.
2. In Drive for desktop, open the folder of your first account, copy files you need to get synchronized.
3. Open the other folder of your second account to paste the copied files to get data synchronized.
There is a related that has often been asked by Google Drive users when they search for how to sync one Google Drive to another.
You are entitled to manage Google Backup and Sync multiple accounts or run Google Drive File Stream multiple accounts with the Google Drive desktop app or proficient third-party tools, like CBackup, which enables you to run unlimited accounts of cloud drives in a single interface effortlessly.
How to sync 2 Google Drive accounts is no longer a difficult task with any one of the foregoing methods. Among these tools, we strongly recommend you download and transfer files between Google Drive accounts with CBackup. It not only offers you to transfer Google Drive to another account with simple clicks but also supports some basic and advanced backup features, like backing up PC files, combining cloud storage, etc.