Google Backup and Sync Constantly Syncing
Stop Google Drive from Automatically Syncing
If your Google Backup and Sync constantly syncing your files from scratch every time you start up your computer, please stop Google Drive auto-sync with the following steps：
1. Please click Google Backup and Sync icon in the Windows system tray, and click More icon (the three-dots icon).
2. Click Pause to stop Backup and Sync from constantly syncing files.
Besides, you could disconnect Google Drive account to stop Google Drive constantly syncing problem:
Tap Backup and Sync icon in system tray. Click More icon > Preferences > Settings > Disconnect Account > Disconnect.
Best Way to Fix Google Backup and Sync Constantly Syncing
You will find the best solution to fix Google Backup and Sync keeps syncing problem. And the best way to solve it is check the Google Backup and Sync Settings to make sure sync all file types.
If all the files are syncing to Google Drive every time you start up the computer, please check the options to backup to Google Drive and to backup all file types. After the synchronization finished, it will no longer resync constantly. Here are the steps to check settings to backup all file types:
1. Click Google Backup and Sync icon in the Windows system tray, then click More icon (the three-dots icon) > Preferences > Settings.
2. Tap My Computer tab, then you could choose what folders to sync to Google Drive.
3. Then click Change behind the CHOOSE FOLDER option, then select Backing up all files and folders.
Then the Backup and Sync constantly syncing problem should be fixed.
How to Speed Up Google Backup and Sync?
Sometimes, you might find the Google Backup and Sync taking forever, and slowing down your computer, it’s quite annoying. And try the following things to speed up Backup and Sync:
Check Internet Connection. It’s highly recommended to try the wired internet connection to get a stable connection. If you have a bad internet connection, the Google Backup and Sync would be stuck on preparing to sync. Then you have to restart, reinstall the Backup and Sync, reconnect your Google Drive account, or even restart your computer.
Upgrade Computer Hardware. The computer performance is another factor to determine the Google Backup and Sync speed. The better the computer performance, the faster the Google Backup and Sync.
Install the latest Windows update and Google Backup and Sync. The new version of the update and app could help you fix some problems automatically to prevent you from stucking Google drive not syncing or other unexpected errors.
Better Way to Sync Files to Google Drive Automatically
If you still cannot fix Google Backup and Sync keeps syncing problem, Please try the free backup software AOMEI Backupper Standard to sync files to Google Drive easily and safely. Please download the AOMEI Backupper Standard.
Note: Please ensure you have installed Google Backup and Sync app first before sync files to Google Drive with AOMEI Backupper Standard.
Step 1. Click Backup tab on the main window, then select File Sync.
Step 2. Rename the Task Name, then click Add Folder button to choose the files and folders you want to sync to Google Drive.
Step 3. Tap the triangle icon > Select a cloud drive > choose Google Drive, and hit OK.
Step 4. Click the Schedule option at the bottom of window, select the interval to sync files to Google Drive automatically.
Step 5. Press Start Sync button to auto sync files to Google Drive.
Then you could sync files to Google Drive for free.
What If Google Drive Storage Full?
If you are a personal user of Google Drive, then you only have 15 GB of storage space to store your files. However, you will find the 15 GB storage will be filled up quickly, how to get extra storage space for free? If you have multiple Google Drive accounts, it’s highly recommended to merge Google Drive accounts with CBackup, then you will have a big Google Drive storage space, and backup files freely.
1. Please create a new CBackup account, and then download and sign in to the CBackup app.
2. Click My Storage > Add Cloud, choose Google Drive, and click Add. Then follow the on-screen guide to ensure CBackup gets access to Google Drive.
3. Then customize Display Name, edit Storage Path, and other settings, and tick the “Note: please do not change the file path directly, or modify or delete the backup file.” option, then click OK to add Google Drive.
4. Repeat the step 2-3 to add more Google Drive accounts, and click My Storage > + > New Combined Cloud to connect multiple cloud drives, merge their idle storage into a large backup space.
Then your Google Drive storage will be expanded for free. And you could sync any files to Google Drive easily.
Summing It Up
You will find the best way to fix Google Backup and Sync constantly syncing problem, and learn how to speed up your Google Backup and Sync. Just find the step-by-step guide. If the Google Drive storage full, you could try CBackup to merge Google Drive accounts to get free extra storage space for Google Drive.