How to Increase Google Drive Storage for Free?
As you know, Google Drive share the cloud storage with Gmail and Google Photos, if you use all of them usually and you will find that Google Drive storage full problem if you only have 15GB of free cloud storage of Google Drive.
Google Drive offers you different plans to meet different demands and let Google Drive increase storage with the payment, the Google Drive Plans are listed below:
You could feel free to upgrade your Google Drive plan to get more extra Google Drive storage If you have enough budget. However, there are still some problems while upgrading, like being unable to upgrade Google Drive storage, it's quite annoying.
Is there any way to increase Google Drive storage for free without buying extra storage if you don’t want to upgrade? The answer is definitely, let me show you the details to get more Google Drive extra storage.
Way 1. Convert Uploaded Files to Google Docs Editor Format
Google Drive provides unlimited cloud storage for Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and high-quality photos and videos.
1. Please log in to your Google Drive account, and tap the gear icon (Settings).
2. Tick the option: Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format at the General tab, then hit Done.
Note: Google Drive will end the free unlimited storage after June 1, 2021. Hence, any uploaded files, photos, and videos before June 1, 2021, will not count towards your Google Drive Cloud storage while it will count the quota of Google Drive storage after June 1, 2021. It will still use your Google Drive storage after you edit the files uploaded before June 1, 2021.
Way 2. Use Google Pixel 1-5 Phone to Enjoy Google Unlimited Storage Space
If you are using Google Pixel 1-5 phone, you could still enjoy the Google Drive Unlimited storage for free even after June 1, 2021.
It’s not cost-effective to buy a new Google Pixel phone if you are using other phone devices to increase Google storage.
Way 3. Merge Google Drive Accounts to Increase Google Cloud Storage
Although the above ways can Increase Google Drive storage, it’s not the ideal way to increase Google Drive space. How to increase Google Drive storage for free? If you don’t want to upgrade Google Drive right now and get more Google Drive storage space, it’s strongly recommended to try the free cloud backup service CBackup to merge multiple Google Drive accounts to increase Google Drive space for free. If you have enough Google Drive accounts, you could get 100 GB free cloud storage, even unlimited cloud storage.
And then you could backup files to Google hybrid cloud with CBackup. And it supports Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc., and FTP or SFTP.
Step 1. Add Google Drive Accounts to CBackup
1. Please create a new CBackup account for free and sign in to the CBackup desktop app.
2. Select the My Storage tab on the left, then choose Google Drive, and click Authorize Now. Then follow the guide to grant authority to CBackup, which allows CBackup to access your Google Drive files.
3. Edit the Cloud name and Storage path for the added Google Drive, and tick the option “Note: Please don't modify or delete the CBackup path or backup files in your Google Drive account”, and click OK.
4. Repeat the process of Step 2 and Step 3 to add more Google Drive accounts.
Step 2. Increase Google Drive Space for Free
Now you could Increase Google Drive space like the following steps:
1. Tap My Storage > + Add Combined Cloud.
2. Rename the combined cloud, tick all your Google Drive accounts you added before, and click Next.
3. Choose the Google Drive accounts priority to store files, hover over the Google Drive you want to change priority, tap the up triangle icon or down triangle icon to set the priority, and hit Combine.
Now, your Google Drive storage has been increased for free with CBackup, that's a Google combined cloud.
CBackup not only combines multiple accounts of one cloud but also combines different clouds, and you could transfer files from one cloud drive to another, like transfer OneDrive to Google Drive, sync Dropbox to Google Drive, etc.
Best Free Way to Backup Files to Google Hybrid Cloud
After increasing Google cloud storage, you could backup files to Google Drive combined cloud storage easily with CBackup:
1. Select the Backup tab, and then choose Backup PC to Combined Cloud.
2. Rename the Task Name, select files from your computer in the Source section, then tick the Google Combined Cloud (Google Hybrid Cloud) you just merged as the target.
3. Press the Start Backup button to backup files to Google Drive combined cloud easily and safely.
All the files will be saved to Google Drive, keeping your data more secure.
6 Tips to Increase Google Drive Free Space
If you encounter the Google Drive storage full problem and want to delete unnecessary files in Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos to free up space for Google cloud storage, here are some tips for you:
1. Empty your Google Drive Trash.
2. Remove hidden data from app in Google Drive.
3. Change original quality to High quality in Google Photos. Please go to Google photos settings, tap the Recover Storage button, and hit Compress to compress original items to high quality.
4. Permanently delete unnecessary files in Google Drive.
5. Delete unuseful messages and attachments in Gmail Trash or Spam folders.
6. Remove Shared folders and files from Google Drive.
How to increase Google Drive storage for free? There are 3 solutions for you to increase Google Drive space and 6 tips for you to free up space for Google Drive. Then you If you encounter Google Drive storage full error, you could try the 6 tips to free up space for Google Drive.
Besides, CBackup offers you a secure and cost-effective cloud - CBackup Cloud, and it provides you with different CBackup plans to meet your various needs, like cloud to cloud backup, cloud to cloud sync, etc.
||1,024 GB (1TB)
||5,120 GB (5TB)
|Cloud to Cloud Backup
|Cloud to Cloud Sync