3 Ways to Perform Google Drive System Backup [Full Guide]
This tutorial is about how to create Google Drive system backup in an easy way. If you have the same question, keep reading on it to find the satisfying answer.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
What I'm looking for is a backup that can only go one way and is only a backup (not a delete). For example, when I add/change something on my computer, the same thing should be backed up on Google Drive. However, if I delete something on my computer, the same thing should not be deleted on Google Drive. You can use this analogy to illustrate that I want to make first a full backup of my computer and then only an incremental backup.
Google Drive is a famous and popular cloud storage service in the market. In order to protect your data or free up your local storage space, you may backup files to Google Drive, or want to backup your entire computer including system to Google Drive. Certainly, you can backup systems, hard drives even the entire computer to Google Drive.
Generally, the majority of Windows system files are stored in the C drive and typically take up dozens GB of storage space. In the following part, we will introduce 3 efficient ways to perform Google Drive system backup.
You may want to use Google to backup system like backup Windows to Google Drive. Generally, there are 2 common ways to back up your system to Google Drive: the Google Drive official website, and the Google Drive official desktop app. But we prepared another free way to back up system and other types of data to Google Drive easily here.
Normally, the Google Drive website can help you to create backups of your system files and folders to Google Drive without downloading and installing any extra software. You can follow the easy guideline below:
Tip: You should check if there is enough storage space for your system files in advance.
1. Go to Google Drive page and sign in to your account.
2. Choose Upload files or Upload folder to choose the system files from your the system on your PC.
If you want to create a Google system backup especially some certain folders in the system, the Google Drive official desktop app named Drive for Desktop is suitable for you. You can refer to the easy steps to download and use such a desktop app:
1. After downloading and installing the Google Drive desktop app on your PC.
2. Press Sign in with browser to sign in to your Google Drive account properly.
3. Click on My Computer > Add folder in turn to choose folder from the PC system.
4. Click on Sync with Google Drive and Done in the pop-up window. After choosing, click on Save then the folders from the computer system will be backed up to Google Drive automatically.
Note: You need to back up all your system files to use them normally, but they are generally not small in file size. So your system file size may exceed the limit of the official Google Drive app. To upload all the system files successfully, you can refer to the next method.
In addition to backing up system files and folders to Google Drive, you may also need to backup other types of data, or the entire system to Google Drive.
Here, we prepared a free cloud backup service - CBackup, which allows you to backup files, folders, systems, and even the entire computer to many mainstream cloud drives like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
What’s more, you can enable the Scheduler feature in CBackup. Then your backup task will be performed regularly so that your system data will be protected better.
Now, let’s see how to backup Windows Server to Google Drive or backup Windows PCs to Google Drive with such a free easy cloud backup tool:
1. Download and install CBackup on your computer. Sign up for your CBackup account and open the CBackup desktop client to log into your new account.
2. In CBackup, press the My Storage tab. Select Google Drive and click Authorize Now. Follow the easy instructions to give CBackup authorization to your Google Drive account.
3. Choose Backup > Backup PC to Public Cloud in turn.
4. Choose system data as the backup source, and choose your Google Drive account as the backup destination. Press the Settings button at the bottom to go to the Backup Settings page to set up the Scheduler feature.
5. Click on Start Backup to perform Google Drive system backup now.
There may be lots of data in the system, but Google Drive provides only 15GB free cloud storage for each account. In addition to pay for the subscription plans it provides, you can increase Google Drive stroage for free as well. Follow the easy guideline to use the combine cloud storage in CBackup and you will have more free cloud storage.
1. Likewise, go to add your Google Drive accounts or other cloud drive accounts to CBackup. You can add as many cloud drive accounts, and then click on + Add Combined Cloud.
2. Choose the Google Drive accounts that you want to merge, and click Next. After managing the order of your cloud drive accounts, click Combine.
After the above, you will see a combined cloud in the cloud list. You are able to choose the combined cloud as the backup destination by clicking on Backup PC to Combined Cloud in the Backup tab.
Reading here, you may have known how to perform Google Drive system backup. The official web app and desktop app can help you to back up system files and folders without downloading a software. For more professional backup features, you can use the free easy cloud backup service - CBackup.