How to Set Up Google Drive Backup with Frequency | 3 Ways
This article shows you 3 sufficient ways to start Google Drive backup with frequency. If you have the need, please continue reading and try these methods.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud drives on the market. Google Drive offers 15GB of free cloud storage for each account. It is perfectly integrated with the various Google Apps, creating an all-in-one system that brings a lot of convenience to users. That's why there are more and more users using Google Drive.
Users who use Google Drive for backup generally do so to keep their data safe so that they have a way to recover it in case it is accidentally lost or corrupted. This requires them to regularly back up their file data to Google Drive.
Traditional backup methods require users to manually back up their files to a target location. Performing this repetitive and tedious task over a long period of time can reduce the user's productivity and can also be tiresome. Therefore, users need a way to set up Google Drive with frequency to free up their hands and improve backup efficiency.
So, how to automatically back up to Google Drive with a certain frequency? Maybe you can use Google Drive for Desktop or Google Drive app on a smartphone. In addition, a third-party tool can solve your issue fast. Look through the following guideline and pick the method that suits you best.
Google provides an application - Google Drive for Desktop, which can help you set up Google Drive sync and backup with frequency. If you want to back up on the computer, Google Drive for Desktop may be a nice try. Here are the steps to set up backup with frequency:
1. Download and install Google Drive for Desktop app on your computer.
2. Launch Google Drive for Desktop, press the Sign in with browser button to sign in to it.
3. Then press the gear icon to go to the Settings > Preferences.
4. Go to the My Computer tab, then click the Add folder to choose the folder you want to back up to Google Drive and tick Sync with Google Drive. Then click Done. The selected files and folders will be backed up to Google Drive with an auto frequency.
If you are using a mobile device, you can follow the steps according to your operating system:
1. Download Google Drive from the Play Store, run it and sign in to your account.
2. Open the Menu and select the Settings option, tick the Auto Add. Then the files on your Android device will be backed up to Google Drive with a frequency regularly.
1. Download and install the Google Drive app from your App Store.
2. Tap the Menu > Settings > Backup, finally, click the Start Backup.
To set up a Google Drive backup with frequency, third-party software can help you a lot. Here we highly recommend a third-party tool - CBackup. CBackup is a cloud backup software that provides sufficient useful features. With Schedule Backup feature in CBackup, you can set up backup to Google Drive with a certain frequency for free.
CBackup offers you 4 different schedule modes for Google Drive Backup Frequency: One time only, Daily, Weekly, Monthly. You can select any mode according to your backup needs. Then CBackup will perform the backup tasks with the selected frequency automatically, without any effort.
Now, let’s see how to set up backup to Google Drive with a certain frequency via CBackup:
1. Download and install CBackup client on your desktop, then launch it. Sign up for a new account, and log into it.
2. Click the My Storage icon and press the Add Cloud button. Select Google Drive > Add, and then follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to Google Drive.
3. Click on the Backup Tasks in the menu bar and click New Task, press Local Files and Next to go next step.
4. You can change the Task Name and click Add Source button to add local files to be backed up, then click OK. Select Add Destination > Single Cloud, then select the Google Drive account you added and click OK.
5. Pitch on the Settings, and then select Scheduler and check the Set a backup schedule for automated backup, choose One time only, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly, and press OK.
6. Click Start Backup to automatically backup to Google Drive backup with schedule basis.
More information about these 4 Schedule Modes for Google backup frequency, just refer to the following content.
One time only mode: you can set a specific time to make the backup run.
Daily mode: you can set a certain time point to perform the backup once a day.
You can also set a time range, and choose the time intervals between the start time and the finish time. Then backup files multiple times in one day.
Weekly mode: you can set a specific day in a week to perform the backup.
Monthly mode: you can set a specific day in a month to perform the backup.
If you are interested in cloud storage to backup your local files, CBackup can do the following for you:
On this page, there are 3 different ways to set up Google Drive backup with frequency. If you have no idea about how to choose, you can try the reliable third-party tool - CBackup. It is easy to use and safe.