What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is the best cloud backup service in the market so far that can protect you from losing all your data just in case if something goes wrong with your physical devices. It allows you to store any size of files all in one place and enables you to access all your files anywhere easily.
Explore the benefits of Google Drive
Simply if you have an established Google account, it offers generous storage space (15 GB) for free, forever. Any size and any type of files can be stored safely in this highly secured drive, which is encrypted using SSL. The drag and drop function makes the uploading much easier. Also, it offers special apps for computer, mobile, or tablet to help you access and backup Mac to Google Drive, Windows PC to Google Drive as well as phones to Google Drive with offline or no service condition.
Google Drive also has good file-sharing capabilities. You can let other people access any particular files and also set access options to allow them to view, comment, or edit. Powerful search is another option to help find the file you need quickly just search by name or content, which can even recognize objects in images.
Plus, Google Drive keeps the old version of files for 30 days, so you can go back to undo the changes you made. Amazingly, if you use Google Drive for Android, just shoot a photo of documents then Google Drive will store them immediately as PDFs.
Way 1. Backup files to Google Drive automatically with Backup and Sync
Is there any way to automatically backup files or folders to Google Drive? Do you know Google Backup and Sync, the desktop program of Google? It can easily help you backup files to Google Drive automatically.
Have a look at how to backup files to Google Drive automatically through Google Backup and Sync.
1. Download and install Google Backup and Sync on your computer.
2. Tap “GET STARTED” to begin, and log in to your Google account.
3. When asked, select the folder that you want to backup to Google Drive. Click "Next".
4. You can choose if sync "My Drive" to your computer.
Note: Once chosen, the program will place a folder on your computer and all files in Google Drive cloud will be synced to this folder on your local computer. This Google Drive folder on your computer can help you automatically sync files to the cloud. You just need to drag and drop files that you want to backup to this folder.
5. Click "Start". Then your computer will start backing up with Google Drive. This will take a while, depending on your connection speed and the number of backups.
Note: Although the official app - Backup and Sync app is easy to use, it prone to problems. According to users, they find Backup and Sync is not opening or sync slow sometimes. If you meet any problem when using Backup and Sync but can't solve the problem immediately, don't be panic, there is a free tool that can be used as an alternative.
This free tool is called AOMEI Backupper Standard, which is a professional backup software for Windows PC. You can download it to help you sync files to Google Drive easily.
Way 2. Backup files to Google Drive automatically with CBackup
If you want to avoid backup and sync sync issues, It's highly recommended to try the free cloud backup service CBackup, which allows you to backup files to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. And you could increase Google Drive storage space for free if you meet the Google Drive storage full error.
Here is the steps to backup files to Google Drive automatically with CBackup:
1. Please create a account of CBackup, and sign in to CBackup desktop app.
2. Click the My Storage tab, then click Add Cloud, select Google Drive and press Add. Grant authority to CBackup and allow CBackup to access your Google Drive files.
3. Edit the Display name and Storage path, and check the Note option and click OK.
After adding Google Drive to CBackup, you could backup files to Google Drive automatically as belows:
1. Click the Backup Tasks tab, then hit New Task button.
2. Modify the Task Name, and click Add Source to choose files to backup to Google Drive, and click Add Destination > Single Cloud > Next > Google Drive > OK.
3. Hit Settings at the bottom left of the window, tick Enable schedule backup under Schduled Backup, select the interval to backup files to Google Drive regularly, at a specific time, daily, weekly, or monthly.
4. Press Start Backup button to backup files to Google Drive automatically.
Way 3. Backup files to Google Drive with manually upload
Google Drive also has its own traditional manual method for backing up files via its web app. You can go to the website and sign in to your account to upload files directly without downloading any app. But some users feel that this method is a bit troublesome for them if they have too many files waiting to be uploaded.
1. Go to the Google Drive website and sign in to your Google Account.
2. On the main page of Google Drive, click "My Drive" and then choose "Upload files..." or "Upload folder..."
Bonus Tip: Protect Google Drive files with CBackup
Although cloud storage like Google Drive is a safe place for your data, chances are that you may lose your data in Google Drive due to virus ransomware or human accidental deletion. Therefore, keep a backup version of your data in another cloud storage can add another layer of protection to your data. To achieve that, you can rely on the web version of CBackup. It can help you quickly and directly back up files on Google Drive to other cloud drives (such as Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.).
Try to follow the steps below to backup Google Drive files to another cloud drive (Dropbox for example):
1. Sign in to your CBackup account. If you have add your Google Drive account to CBackup account already, the web version of CBackup will list the cloud you added autoamtically and you can only add another cloud as follows.
2. Click “My Storage” > "+" > “Add Cloud” to add your accounts. Select “Dropbox” hit “Add” to continue. Then, set up settings for Dropbox on CBackup.
3. Click “Backup Tasks” and “New Task” subsequently to create the backup task.
4. Click “Add Source” and select “Google Drive”, then click “Add Destination” and select another cloud storage (Here is Dropbox) that you added and click “Start Backup”.
More about CBackup
Schedule backup: Our data will change with our daily use. In order to avoid forgetting to back up important data, you can set up scheduled backups (daily/weekly/ monthly) in CBackup, which not only can effectively prevent you from forgetting to back up important data, Allows you to save effort and time.
Allocate space: You can use all free space for backup images (default), allocate certain spaces for backup, or set the remaining space on the contrary. Reasonably arranging the cloud disk space can prevent the backup file from occupying the cloud disk and causing the cloud disk to not store other files.
The free cloud backup service CBackup can be used as a Google Drive alternative to protect the files on your computer. If you are not satisfied with the pricing of Google Drive or the app that Google offers for syncing, you can turn to CBackup and backup up local data to CBackup Cloud (1000GB). Besides, you could get a Google Drive hybrid cloud if you have multiple Google Drive accounts or other cloud drive accounts.
That's all about how to backup files to Google Drive. No matter you choose to use the Backup and Sync tool, CBackup or Google Drive web app, you can follow the steps to achieve that easily. If you meet any problem when using Backup and Sync, you can use the alternative introduced in this article. In addition, don't forget to protect your Google Drive files with free CBackup.