Google Drive Not Showing Correct Storage: Fix It Now!
Google Drive not showing correct storage is common in many user cases. If you encounter such an issue, you can refer to the solutions in this article on this page.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Google Drive is one of the best-known cloud drive services, providing 15GB free cloud storage for each Google Drive account. Thus, you can upload files to Google Drive and enjoy its storage space even if you do not pay for a subscription plan in Google Drive.
Generally, you can see the used and available storage in your Google Drive account. However, many users in forums find that Google Drive not showing correct storage issue. Then you will ask how to refresh my Google Drive storage to show the correct storage. Do not worry, we prepare some solutions in the following part to make your Google Drive show correct storage effectively.
If you meet the Google Drive now showing correct storage issue or find that Google Drive storage not updating, you can try the solutions we provide here to make your Google Drive show storage correctly.
Sometimes, you just remove files in your Google Drive, and they will not be deleted completely. Instead, they will be saved in the Trash folder, which will take up storage space in your Google Drive account as well. You can go to delete everything from Google Drive Trash and then you can check if your Google Drive shows correct storage.
To clean up files in Trash, please follow the easy guideline:
1. Go to the Google Drive official page, and log into your account.
2. Click on Trash on the left side. Then you can click on the Trash icon next to the search box and hit the Empty trash option. After that, your Google Drive Trash will be cleaned up.
Have you tried to sign out and into your Google Drive account? Most issues in Google Drive can be solved by this method. If you meet the Google Drive storage full but empty issue, you can also have a try. You can refer to suitable steps as follow.
1. Hit the Google Drive icon in the taskbar. Then choose the gear icon > Preferences.
2. Choose the Settings icon. You can see the Disconnect account option next to your account, click on it.
3. After that, run the Drive for Desktop client to sign into your Google account again.
1. On the Google Drive web page, click on your avatar icon.
2. Hit the Sign out button on this page.
3. After signing out, go back to the Google Drive page to sign into your account.
You should know that Google Photos storage plans and Gmail storage are shared with Google Drive. If you find that Google Drive not showing correct storage, please check if Google Photos and Gmail have taken up some storage of your Google account.
Possibly, your Google Drive does not show correct storage due to some bugs in the Google Drive program. If the methods above can not solve your problem, you can consider reinstalling Google Drive on your computer.
First, you need to uninstall Google Drive from your computer completely. After quitting the Google Drive client, follow the steps here to reinstall it.
1. Go to the Windows Settings page, and choose Apps & features. Locate Google Drive, and click on Uninstall.
2. After finishing uninstalling Google Drive, get the latest version of Drive for Desktop from the Google Drive official website.
Finally, contacting Google Drive Support for help is also a solution. You can ask that why your Google Drive does not show correct storage. Google Drive Support will give you a solution but the time is uncertain.
After knowing how to check the Google Drive storage correctly, do you need extra Google Drive extra storage for free? We provide a way for you to let you not worry about Google Drive storage anymore.
It is highly recommended to use a free cloud backup service - CBackup. In CBackup, there is a core feature called combine cloud storage. It allows you to merge unlimited cloud storage accounts into a combined cloud with unlimited cloud storage space.
What’s more, you can upload files to Google Drive and any other cloud drive directly, including OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
Here we also prepare the guideline to get unlimited Google Drive cloud storage with CBackup.
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop application, sign up for a new account and sign into it.
2. Click on the Storage button. Choose Google Drive and click on Authorize Now. You can add as many Google Drive accounts as you have. Then let CBackup access them safely.
3. Click on the Storage tab on the left side, and press + Add Combined Cloud.
4. Tick the Google Drive accounts that you want to merge, and then click on Next. After determining the order of your Google Drive accounts, choose Combine.
Now, you will have a Combined Cloud in your cloud list. You can choose the Combined Cloud as a backup destination while creating a cloud backup task from PC to cloud. In this way, you do not have to worry about available storage in Google Drive.
If you find your Google Drive not showing correct storage, you can find an effective solution in this article. In addition, we provide a method for you to increase Google Drive storage for free, so that you will not worry about Google Drive storage in your daily work and life.