What is cloud storage?
If you have dozens of files (eg: from single documents to videos, even for games) on your computer, you may know the importance of having enough space. This is beyond physical disks, but unlimited cloud storage plans can help you. In a simple word, cloud storage is a great alternative to physical disk.
With cloud storage, your data is stored on a remote server and protected from local and natural disaster, such as, system crash, hardware issue, virus, fire, thieves, and more. Also, the cloud storage is full controlled by service provider, so you don’t need to worry about data security and have time to do more meaningful things. Besides, you can access the files on cloud storage anytime, anywhere.
Cloud storage types: traditional vs. cloud sync vs. cloud backup
- Traditional cloud storage: This type of storage solution is used to keep virtually any type of file safe, and you can consider it as a cloud-based hard drive. Also, its provider allows users to access files from any device via providing desktop or phone apps and APIs.
- Cloud sync: This is probably the simplest cloud storage and help users sync individual files when any changes are made, such as, photos, contacts, calendar data etc. And it’s highly suggested to make multiple copies of your important files according to the 3-2-1 backup strategy, because you may delete them by mistake.
- Cloud backup: Unlike cloud sync, cloud backup is always automatic and you don’t need to select files manually. And it will backup the entire device and save it to a remote server.
Essential features in the unlimited cloud storage options
- Truly unlimited cloud storage space: When you search “best unlimited cloud storage”, “free unlimited cloud storage”, or “unlimited storage cloud”, you just want to get unlimited online storage. Please check the details and fine print of your preferred plan, you will get some useful warning messages, including file size limit while uploading, bandwidth limitations, etc.
- Faster transfer speed: Almost all cloud storage requires a good internet connection, including local internet speed, provider’s features, and this determines how much time you will spend. A service use solid-state hard drives and up-to-date server will greatly accelerate internet connection speed. Besides, speed-focused feature like block-level transfer is also help, because it only backup the changed parts of files.
- Security issue: This is another noteworthy feature for users who want to use unlimited cloud backup rather than physical storage. To prevent unwanted access, cyberattacks, or risk of data loss, you need to see if the provider has advanced security protocols, for example, zero-knowledge encryption, 256-bit AES (TLS/SSL) encryption, end-to-end encryption, two-factor authentication and the ability to remove login information remotely, etc.
- Apps and accessibility: Flexible access is the key feature of most cloud storage services. But not all of them provide desktop apps for Mac, Windows, Linux or mobile apps for all iOS and Android. You need to check before using any cloud-based software.
Unlimited cloud storage comparison: which is best free?
The following services are currently the best free unlimited cloud storage providers on the market. You can browse their features and functions to choose the one that suits you best.
Highest level of encryption
Annual and lifetime service packages
Up to 2TB storage
Unlimited remote upload traffic with URL only
Flexible file sharing
Download link branding
pCloud is suitable for individuals, businesses, and enterprises. It has a business plan and family plan for different users. And it claims security is their top priority and they certainly do this- use 256-bit AES encryption and store the uploaded files on at least 3 servers. Also, it’s one of few cloud service that offer both annual and lifetime service packages, which can save your money. Besides, its download link branding is also useful, which can help you customize your links containing meta descriptions, title tags and others information, and users who download this link will see your brand.
It looks amazing, but it does have some disadvantages, such as, no unlimited file storage, no collaboration tools for file editing, paid add-on for private encryption, 500GB download link traffic for Premium package and 2TB for the Plus package.
Two unlimited business plans available
Smart Sync feature
Remote device wipe
User-friendly apps and browser API
Flexible collaboration features
Dropbox is a traditional cloud storage and lets you save documents, videos and other type of files. At the same time, it has a smart sync feature called “Selective Sync”, which can sync the selected files and leave the unselected files in sync folder. Also, it offers you two unlimited cloud storage plans by combining several services into one, including Advance ($20/month) and Enterprise. Besides, it still has block-level transfer technology for higher speed, strong security features like 256-bit AES encryption at rest, 128-bit in-transit encryption, two-factor authentication, remote device wipe.
Meanwhile, it’s expandable if you don’t want to pay for unlimited plan. You can complete the “Getting Started Wizard” for 250MB, turn on automatic photo upload feature on mobile apps to get 3GB free space, invite friends to join and each referral is 500MB and up to 16GB, join Dropbox forum and each “Mighty Answer” is 1GB. Or try more ways to get Dropbox unlimited storage.
Through it’s an excellent choice, it does have some flaws, such as, no zero-knowledge, no 24/7 live support, limited reporting features etc.
Unlimited cloud storage Amazon (AWS) is an ideal option for users who only want to pay only the used space. Also, it’s a decent choice for Amazon Prime member. It takes security seriously by providing TLS encryption and multi-factor authentication. Compared with other cloud storage, it gives user greater control via using customer-controlled encryption in the server. Besides, it still uses “incremental sync” or “delta sync” to update the changed files, which save your time.
However, since 2017, Amazon does not provide unlimited plan and the annual plan is up to 30TB. Meanwhile, Amazon prime member has 5GB free space for Amazon Drive and unlimited photo storage with Prime photos.
Multiple unlimited plans with storage and bandwidth
No file size limits
Flexible encryption options
Reseller plans available
Auto sync and backup feature on every paid plan
Easy-to-use collaboration system
OpenDrive offers multiple unlimited storage and bandwidth plans for different users, $9.95/month/user for personal unlimited plan, $29.95/month/user for business plan, $59.95/month/user for reseller plan. The personal plan can be shared with four different users and the primary account has the ability to grant file-sharing access. In addition, the business plan comes with custom branding and account management while the reseller plan allows you to customize the created resources and sell storage package for others.
At the same time, it’s also an easy-to-use collaboration system that allows you to embed and encrypt photos, videos, and audio files individually. Plus, you can create the project and task lists, then leave comments and sub comments on files. Meanwhile, it’s more controllable by providing user private encryption.
It’s a good choice whether you are looking for a personal cloud storage unlimited plan, business or reseller. However, there is something you need to pay attention to, such as the upload speed is quite slow, its web app is not intuitive as other services, no two-factor authentication, etc.
Box is a very business-focused cloud storage that offers business users three unlimited plan, including Business, Business Plus, Enterprise. Thanks to the “Selective Sync” feature, you can choose which files or folders to sync and its upload speed is relatively fast. Also, it has enterprise-grade security protocols like SSL, at-rest encryption, two-factor authentication. Meanwhile, it allows all team members to edit, share and comment from any device.
In addition, it still has a big highlight for healthcare professionals – remains HIPAA/HITECH-compliant, has frictionless tools designed for the most regulated industries and data residency in 9 countries.
It’s a distinguish option for healthcare professionals. However, you need to think about its flaws, including no block-level transfers, upload file restriction to 5GB, very business-focused.
Backbalze B2 is an Infrastructure-as-a-Service provider instead of the traditional cloud service provider. Different from Backblaze, B2 sells resources to you as instead. You will get 10GB free space after sign up with Backblaze B2, then the extra space is only charged $0.005 cents per gigabyte. In addition, the first 1GB of downloaded data is free every day.
Yes, it’s really affordable for the majority of users, even the deciding factor. But you need to be aware that this version is not actual cloud storage, because there is no encryption and distributed infrastructure. Also, it stores everything in one data center in Sacramento, California, and makes the transfer speed is slow outside US and puts you under the jurisdiction of US data laws.
Flexible cloud transfer and backup
Combine cloud storage into one
Cloud drive management
Backup to mainstream cloud drives
Fast upload speed
Unlimited file versioning
256-bit AES Encryption
Incremental backup and sync
CBackup is a completely free cloud transfer & backup service provider, which can backup files to the cloud freely and get unlimited cloud storage for free by combining the free space of enough cloud disks. And it will keep unlimited file versioning and no file size limitation. In addition, you can manage all your cloud drives and its data on one platform.
So far only this software is free. It’s will be an excellent choice if you have and want to manage multiple cloud drive accounts. And unlimited storage requires enough cloud disks, so you could add the cloud drives, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc, to CBackup, and get OneDrive unlimited storage and so on.
Best Free Way to Get Unlimited Cloud Storage Space
Here we assuming you have unlimited Google Drive accounts, and now we will show you how to get Google Drive unlimited storage with CBackup, and here are the detailed steps.
1. Please download and install CBackup Desktop app, apply for a free CBackup account and sign in.
2. Click My Storage > + Add Cloud, then choose Google Drive, then click Add. Then follow the steps to grant the authority to CBackup. Repeat the process to add other Google Drive accounts.
3. Hit My Storage tab on the left panel, then click + button and then select New Combined Cloud.
4. Tick unlimited Google Drive accounts, and click Next.
5. Choose the order for Google Drive accounts to store files, and press Combine to get Google Drive unlimited storage for lifetime.
Now, you could backup files to the unlimited Google storage easily, and enjoy the free unlimited cloud storage for lifetime. Besides, you could also add different cloud drives to combine cloud storage. And you could backup files to Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, CBackup Cloud, the combined cloud, etc.
Speaking of unlimited cloud storage, you may want to know unlimited cloud storage providers, and unlimited cloud storage comparison, then choose the one that suits you best. Just back to above and use the mentioned requirements to measure.