Easiest Way | How to Delete Everything from Google Drive At Once
How to delete everything in Google Drive at once? Here will show you the detailed steps and tips about remove all Google Drive files.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Sometimes, you might want to delete all files in Google Drive due to the following situations:
Encounter a Google Drive sync issue and want to start sync from scratch, so delete everything in Google Drive.
Don’t want to use Google Drive account anymore and switch to other cloud stroage.
There is no any files you want to keep in Google Drive.
No matter what reasons that makes you delete files from Google Drive, it’s not important. And how to delete everything in Google Drive matters.
Important: Please make sure everything you needed has been backed up to prevent your data from losing.
Here is an easy way to remove all files from Google Drive and the detailed steps are listed below:
1. Sign in your Google Drive account in brower and go to My Drive in Google Drive.
2. Click the blank space and hold your mouse to cover all your Google Drive files and folders (or press Ctrl + A or Shift + A key combination).
2. Now everything from your Google Drive will be selected, and hit the Delete icon on the top right corner.
It will delete everything from Google Drive at once, just try it.
After deleting everything from Google Drive, and all your files will be saved in Trash Bin. If you want to detele them permenantly, just try the following steps:
1. Click Trash in your Google Drive after logging in.
2. Press Empty trash button on the top right corner, then hit Delete forever.
Tip: you could right click the file or folder, and select Delete forever option, then the selected file or folder will be deleted permenantly. To delete all Google Drive files, just repeat the process for all files or folders.
Now, all your Google Drive files will be deleted eternally. And please remind that you cannot restore your Google drive that permanently deleted.
Besides, if you don’t want to use Google Drive anymore and delete all items in Google Drive, you could delete Google Drive account as well to complish your goal.
Sometimes, you just want to delete multiple files in Google Drive not all files, here are some tips for you.
1. log in your Google Drive account, then press Ctrl key and click the files you want to remove from Google Drive.
2. Right click the selected files and choose Remove.
You will remove multiple items in Google Drive. Or you could use the Shift key in step 1 and select the files to delete.
Here we will show you how to delete all Google Drive folders and delete all documents in Google Drive respecitvely. And you could also delete other file types accordingly.
1. Log into your Google Drive account, then click Google Drive Search box and select Documents from the dropdown menu.
2. It will show you all documents in Google Drive, and select them all, and right click them, choose Remove.
3. Then Google Drive will delete all documents.
To clear all your Google Drive folders, you could follow here:
1. Please go to your Google Drive webpage after logging in.
2. Click Google Drive Search box and choose More search tools.
3. Select Folders in Type section, and other settings you could configure as you want, click Search.
4. All your Google Drive folders will be listed, and select them all, and right click to choose Remove.
Now all your Google Drive folders have been deleted with a success.
However, there is a chance that you cannot delete some Google Drive files or folders, and here will show you the reasons and the solutions.
Reasons to you cannot delete some Google Drive files or folders:
Files are shared.
Files are owned by others.
Protected file or folder.
Solutions to cannot delete Google Drive files or folders:
Stop sharing Google Drive files or folders to others.
Take Google Drive files or folders owership to others.
Please ensure back up all your critical data before deleting everything from Google Drive to prevent your data from losing. If you haven’t backed up the important data, it’s highly recommended to try the free cloud backup service - CBackup.
CBackup is capable of backing up cloud to another cloud, syncing files from one cloud to another easily without downloading and re-uploading. Therefore, you could use it to backup Google Drive to another cloud, like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
Here is how to backup Google Drive to OneDrive for example:
1. Please download and install the CBackup desktop app, then create a free CBackup account and sign in.
2. Click My Storage > Add Cloud, then choose Google Drive, and click Add, then follow the on-screen guide to grant access to CBackup.
3. Then customize the Cloud name, Storage path and tick the Note option, then hit OK.
Repeat the process to add OneDrive to CBackup.
After adding Google Drive and OneDrive to CBackup, just follow the steps below to backup Google Drive to OneDrive before deleting everything from Google Drive.
1. Click Backup Tasks > New Task > Cloud Files > Next in turn.
2. Select Add Source > Google Drive to select Google Drive as the source, and hit Add Destination > Single Cloud > Next > OneDrive as the destination.
3. Press the Start Backup button to backup Google Drive to OneDrive easily.
Tips: Before starting backup, there are some features you could configure:
Scheduler helps you to backup files automatically, you could set to backup daily, weekly, monthly or one time only, save your time to prevent you from repeating the same process.
Enable Email Notification and you will get the email alert after the backup or restoration completed.
File Filter helps you to backup the files you like or exclude the file types you don’t want to backup.
If you delete everything from Google Drive due to the Google Drive storage full, CBackup also can help you out of this trouble. CBackup could merge multiple Google Drive accounts to get more google Drive free cloud storage space, and it’s easy to operate, here it is:
1. Add multiple Google Drive accounts to CBackup according to the above steps.
2. click My Storage > New Combined Cloud.
3. Tick all Google Drive accounts, and click Next > OK (or Combine).
Now your Google drive storage space has been increased successfully, and you could backup files to the Google combined cloud with CBackup.
Besides, CBackup has other features that you may want to try:
Backup files to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, CBackup Cloud and the combined cloud.
Provides the 10GB free cloud storage space of CBackup Cloud.
Restore files to original location or new location as you want.
How to delete everything from Google Drive at once? Just find the easiest way to clear all items in Google Drive and then follow the tips to delete specified file types efficiently. Please ensure you have backed up important Google Drive files to another cloud, and use CBackup to increase Google Drive storage space for free if your Google Drive storage full.