Solved: Dropbox Video Upload Slow on Computer and Phone
You can get 5 different solutions to Dropbox video upload slow in this post. Besides, a useful tip to upload video to Dropbox will be introduced step by step.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Dropbox is one of the most popular and famous cloud services in the market. As a cloud service provider, Dropbox brings a lot of convenient features to you like cloud storage, file sharing, etc. In most cases, you want to create a Dropbox secure upload for your data.
As you create more and more video files in daily life, you want to upload them to Dropbox for better protection or free up local storage. But you may encounter the Dropbox video upload slow issue when you use Dropbox client to perform an uploading task.
Why does it take so long to upload videos to Dropbox? There are some common reasons for the Dropbox syncing slow issue:
For this, we have prepared suitable solutions for you in the following part. You can try them to speed up the Dropbox uploading speed.
It is possible to upload files to Dropbox in seconds. But generally, a video file can be quite large and take up much storage space. As a result, uploading a video to Dropbox can take you 10 to 15 minutes or more.
If you are uploading video to Dropbox and met the Dropbox web upload slow issue, you can check what causes it and choose a suitable solution below for it.
An unstable Internet connection will cause the Dropbox uploading slow issue. So please check the Internet connection on your computer.
First, you can restart your wireless router or switch to another one to make your Wi-Fi network signal stronger.
But if there is a problem with the network connection, please open Windows Settings and go to the Network & Internet section. Use Network troubleshooter to fix the problem.
Sometimes, the Dropbox client itself met malfunction, causing Dropbox uploading slow. For this, you can stop the Dropbox process in Task Manager and restart it to upload your videos again. Follow the easy steps below:
1. Open Task Manager on your computer.
2. In the process list, locate your Dropbox process and click on it. Then press the End task button on the right bottom.
3. After ending the Dropbox process, please restart your computer and the Dropbox client.
The uploading speed is related to bandwidth. Dropbox limits bandwidth by default to avoid affecting your network connection. If you feel that Dropbox video uploading is too slow, you can go to set up bandwidth in Dropbox:
1. Go to Preferences in your Dropbox client.
2. In the Bandwidth tab, tick the Don’t limit option under Upload rate.
There may be some internal errors in the Dropbox client. Troubleshooting is too complicated and time-consuming for you. So it is advisable for you to reinstall the Dropbox client on your computer, which can be efficient to errors in Dropbox.
1. Go to Windows Settings, and choose Apps > Apps & features in turn.
2. You can find Dropbox here, and right-click on it to press Uninstall.
3. After the above, go to download and install the Dropbox application again.
It is possible that you enable Windows Firewall on the computer and it prevents Dropbox from uploading videos normally. Please try excluding Dropbox from the Windows Firewall list.
1. Go to Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Defender Security Center.
2. Choose Firewall & network protection. And click on Allow an app through firewall.
3. On this page, find Dropbox and tick both Private and Public boxes. Then press OK to save the settings.
If the Dropbox video upload slow issue has affected normal user experience, and you do not want to spend much time on fixing such a problem, you can try a reliable way to upload video to Dropbox easily - using a free cloud backup service called CBackup.
● CBackup offers professional backup and sync features for free. You can upload everything on your computer including videos, photos, documents, programs, hard drives, and even the entire computer to Dropbox directly.
● In addition, other mainstream cloud drives can be used as the upload destination such as Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
● You do not need to worry about data security in CBackup. CBackup uses 256-bit AES Encryption in data transfer to protect them. And OAuth Authorization System is used in CBackup to protect your login information.
Just download and install the CBackup application on your computer. Follow the easy guideline to create a Dropbox schedule sync for your videos:
1. Sign up for a new CBackup account and open the CBackup client to log into your account.
2. In My Storage, choose Dropbox and Authorize Now to let CBackup access your Dropbox successfully.
3. Next, click on Sync > Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. You can click on Settings at the left bottom in the pop up window. On this page, enable the Scheduler feature to make your Dropbox uploading task automatic. Then your videos will be uploaded to Dropbox with the selected frequency.
5. Choose your videos as the sync source. Choose a Dropbox folder in your account as the sync destination. Finally, press the Start Sync button to upload videos to Dropbox at once.
It is possible for you to meet the Dropbox upload slow on iPhone or Android devices. Why the uploading speed is so low on your phone? You need to know the uploading process only performs when your Dropbox app is in the foreground. If you put the Dropbox client background, it will only last for several minutes. So please keep your Dropbox client open and in the foreground.
Furthermore, too much cache and data in the Dropbox client can also cause the uploading slow issue. You can go to Settings > App/Apps Manager > Dropbox. Clear cache on the page to speed up Dropbox upload on phone.
Reading here, you have known how to fix the Dropbox video upload slow issue on computer or on phone. Besides, we provide a simple way for you to upload videos to Dropbox, avoiding encountering any error like Dropbox not syncing across devices, or other errors in the Dropbox client.