As cloud storage becomes more and more common in modern computing, a lot of cloud storage has emerged on the market. As one of the most popular cloud storage, Dropbox has established for many years and gained massive users. It is very easy to use and provides users with many advanced features like file and folder sharing, files recover, and so on.
Dropbox free storage limit
There has long been a free tier for Dropbox users, with no restrictions other than available storage space. Everyone starts out with 2 GB of free online storage upon signing up with Dropbox. However, 2 GB storage can be run out of quickly. Generally, you can clean your cloud service to increase storage. But if the storage is still insufficient after cleaning the Dropbox, you may want to get extra storage space of Dropbox.
Obviously, upgrading your account may be the easiest way to get more space in Dropbox. Dropbox offers several paid and free options for cloud storage on your devices. However, if you are not ready to pay for an advanced plan, you can try some ways to get extra free storage in Dropbox before handing over your credit card.
How to get more free storage in Dropbox?
Dropbox generously provides users with numerous ways to get more space, some are simple and others are a bit more time-consuming. If you are a personal account user, you can end up with around 18 GB of free storage with Dropbox in total. Please read on to learn some free ways to enjoy more storage in the following contents.
Way 1. Complete the getting started checklist
The easiest way to get extra storage of Dropbox may be finishing the checklist of “Get Start” page. Simply completing any five of the seven steps on the “Get Started” page, you can add 250 MB storage to your Dropbox account without expiring.
Way 2. Invite your friends - up to 16 GB
One easy way to quickly add more Dropbox free storage capacity is to invite your friends, families, or colleagues involved. You can invite your mates to join Dropbox by emailing them, sending them a direct link to join, or sharing your invitation on Facebook. You get 500MB extra for each person who signs up. In this way, you can earn up to 16 GB without paying any fees and use the extra storage all the time!
1. Go to the Dropbox website and log in to your Dropbox account.
2. Click on the avatar at the top of the page and select the option "Settings".
3. Click "Plan" and select the "Invite Friends" option.
4. Enter their name or email address and click the blue "Send".
If you’re inviting friends using the iPhone app, just tap the “Settings” tab, then the “Tell Friends About Dropbox” button. Android users can tap the menu button in the top-left corner, then the gear icon, and finally, the “Invite Friends” button.
✎Note: If you’ve signed up for the Pro account, you can add up to 32GB extra by persuading others to sign up. Pro users get an additional 1GB every time one of their invited friends signs up.
Way 3. Submit feedback to Dropbox
There is another easy hack that you can try to add another 125 MB of free space! Simply go to this page and click the “Tell us why you love Dropbox” option. Simply type the reasons why you love Dropbox and they will reward you with 125MBs of cloud space.
Way 4. Try Dropbox Business free for 30 days
If you need more space in a hurry, you can take a temporary measure. The free-basic account can free of charge to try the Dropbox Business plan for 30 days, which gives virtually unlimited space. This is great for freebies who merely want to use the free space for a limited time. And if you cancel your free trial before it expires.
✎Note: Even though a price is quoted on that page, you won’t be charged for 30 days. Make sure to downgrade to the basic package with this link before the period has expired.
3. Click on the Continue button and go through all three steps to complete the upgrade process.
✎Note: You can follow the steps below to cancel the free trial.
1. Sign in to dropbox.com and click your profile picture or face icon in the upper-right corner.
2. Click “Settings” > “Plan” > “Manage plan” > “Cancel trial” > “I still want to downgrade”.
3. Select the reason why you’re canceling and then click “I still want to downgrade”.
Way 5. Combine multiple Dropbox storage
Another way to get more Dropbox free storage is to merge multiple Dropbox basic accounts and combine all the free storage into a larger space. To achieve that, you can rely on a free cloud management service like CBackup.
CBackup is a free cloud backup service that has a clear interface and user-friendly design. It allows you to add as many Dropbox accounts as you have on one interface and all free space of connected clouds can be combined into a huge, even an unlimited cloud storage space. Maximum budget savings. Google Drive, OneDrive, and FTP/SFTP are also supported.
2. Click “Storage” > select Dropbox > click “Authorize Now”. Then sign in to your Dropbox account and authorize CBackup to access your Dropbox files. Repeat to add other Dropbox accounts or Google Drive, OneDrive accounts.
3. Hit the Storage > +Add Combined Cloud. Rename the combined cloud and tick all the cloud drives you added before, and hit Next.
4. Choose the order of the cloud drives using the up and down triangle icon, and click Combine. Then your Dropbox cloud storage has been increased successfully,
Bonus tip: How to see the free space you've earned?
Dropbox has lots of ways to earn free space. To see how much space you've already earned, please follow the steps below:
1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
2. Click the avatar at the top of the page and select “Settings”.
3. Click the “Plan” tab, and scroll down to “Earn more space”.
In the contents above, you can find 5 ways to earn Dropbox free storage. All of the ways are free, you can try them according to your needs. If you are using multiple Dropbox accounts at the same time, you can use CBackup to combine the free storage and run multiple Dropbox accounts on one computer easily.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup