How to sync computer files to Dropbox not Dropbox to computer?
How to sync computer to Dropbox easily?
My dropbox is syncing only the folders that are in the dropbox to my computer but not from my computer to the dropbox which is what I need. If I go to selective sync it only shows me the folders that are already in my dropbox not the ones I want to sync. How can I change that?
- Question from dropboxforum.com
Dropbox desktop app is quite easy for all of us to sync files to Dropbox and manage Dropbox files. However, some users like above might don’t know how to sync files to or from Dropbox, here we will walk you through all the solutions to sync computer to Dropbox or Sync Dropbox to computer. Let’s find out.
Part 1. How to Sync Computer to Dropbox Easily?
If you want to sync files from computer to Dropbox easily, here are some solutions for you.
Way 1. Drag and Drop Computer Files to Dropbox Website
2. Open your File Explorer to find the files you want to backup to Dropbox, then drag the files to Dropbox website, it will sync computer files to Dropbox directly.
3. If you want to sync all computer files to Dropbox, you have to repeat the above steps, but, it’s quite time-consuming.
Way 2. Move Folders to Dropbox Folder in your Computer
Please ensure you have installed the Dropbox desktop app first before the following steps.
Typically, Dropbox only syncs the folders in the Dropbox folder automatically on your computer. Hence, you have to move the folders to the Dropbox folder, then it will sync all the newly added folders and files.
1. Please sign in to your Dropbox account, then go to the Dropbox website.
2. Click All Files on the left, then press the Upload button, then select Files or Folders to sync computer to Dropbox.
If you want to store these files in Dropbox but not on computer, you could try Dropbox Selective Sync to uncheck these files, then it will remove these files from the computer and you have a copy of these files in Dropbox.
Way 4. Automatically Backup Specific Folders on This PC
1. Please go to Dropbox Preferences: click the Dropbox icon on the system tray or Finder, tap your Dropbox avatar, and select Preferences.
2. Click the Backups tab, and tap Set up under This PC section.
3. Select the folders you want to backup to Dropbox automatically, and click Set up.
It will start syncing your files and folders to Dropbox.
This way only works for Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos folder on your computer.
Way 5. Dropbox Sync Folders on Your Computer
If you sync the folder outside the Dropbox folder, you could do the following steps:
1. Select the folder and right-click it, and choose Move to Dropbox.
2. It will automatically be moved to the Dropbox folder and synced with the Dropbox cloud.
If you do not want to sync the folder anymore, just remove it from the Dropbox folder and to another location, it will be removed from Dropbox everywhere, and only keep it on your computer.
Way 6. Sync Entire Computer to Dropbox with CBackup
Although you could use the above 5 solutions to sync computer to Dropbox, it’s quite cumbersome if you want to sync all the files from computer to Dropbox. Fortunately, there is a better way to sync or backup computer to Dropbox, the free cloud backup service CBackup. It’s not only a computer cloud backup solution but also one of the cloud to cloud backup solutions.
Step 2. Click the Storage tab, choose Dropbox and click Authorize Now. Then follow the instructions to allow CBackup to access your Dropbox files.
Step 3. Modify the settings for Dropbox account on CBackup. Edit the Cloud name and Storage path, and tick the option “Note: Please don't modify or delete the CBackup Path or backup files in your Dropbox account.”, and hit OK.
Step 4. Then your Dropbox has been added to CBackup. Please select Sync > Sync PC to Public Cloud to sync computer to Dropbox.
Step 5. Modify the Task Name and select the entire computer to sync. Then choose a Dropbox folder as the destination.
★Tips: You could enjoy the following features in Settings on the bottom left:
If you choose to sync computer to Dropbox, and the 2 GB of free cloud storage will be filled quickly, and you don’t want to upgrade to Dropbox Plus, Family, or Business Account right now. CBackup provides an easy feasible way, that is merge multiple Dropbox accounts into one and generate a huge Dropbox combined cloud, then backup files to it.
1. Add other Dropbox accounts to CBackup by clicking Storage > + Add Cloud.
2. And click Storage > + Add Combined Cloud.
3. Tick all Dropbox even other cloud drive accounts you added before, and hit Next > Combine.
Now you have got a large Dropbox combined cloud, then backup files to it according to the below steps:
1. Click Backup > Backup PC to Combined Cloud, then select the files you want to backup, and tick the Combined Cloud.
2. Press Start Backup to backup files to Dropbox combined cloud storage.
Besides, you could perform cloud to cloud backup and cloud to cloud sync if you want to change Dropbox school account to a work or business account without losing everything.
Any ideas to sync computer to Dropbox or vice versa? You will find 6 ways to sync computer to Dropbox with the step-by-step guide and 3 ways to sync Dropbox to computer, and a bonus tip for you to deal with your Dropbox is full error.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup