Perform Dropbox Secure Upload with Ease [3 Methods]
This post will introduce how to perform Dropbox secure upload in 3 different ways. In addition, it is possible to allow someone else to upload to your Dropbox as well.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
You may worry about if uploading to Dropbox is secure or not. The answer is obviously yes. As one of the most popular and famous cloud file transfer services, Dropbox is a safe choice for your files and data.
To make your data secure, Dropbox uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) to protect data in transit between Dropbox apps and your servers. Besides, Dropbox applications and infrastructure will be regularly tested for security vulnerabilities, and hardened to enhance security and protect against attacks. After you upload files to Dropbox, Dropbox uses 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) to protect files at rest. As a result, you can create Dropbox secure upload for your files.
So, how to create a Dropbox secure file upload task? You often have 3 different choices to do it. Two of them depend on Dropbox official website and desktop client, and another easy choice can help you upload to Dropbox without local copy. Keep reading to learn more about them and make your own decision.
First, you can consider performing a Dropbox transfer task on the Dropbox website. This method does not need you to download extra desktop software, but you need to do it manually. And there is a file size limit of 20GB for your uploading. If you want to send large files via Dropbox, please consider a professional tool in Way 3.
Follow the steps below to upload to Dropbox securely:
1. Go to the Dropbox website, and log into your account properly
2. On the Home page, you can choose Upload files or Upload folder to create a Dropbox secure upload task manually.
Dropbox has a desktop client as well. If you do not want to perform Dropbox secure file transfer on the website, you can download and set up such a desktop app on your computer:
1. Launch the Dropbox desktop app, and log into your Dropbox account.
2. Once you set up such a desktop client, you will have a Dropbox folder on your computer. To upload files or other types of data to Dropbox, just drag and drop them here.
To perform Dropbox upload securely without any effort and limitation, here comes the best free way - using an easy cloud backup service called CBackup, which allows you to upload data to Dropbox directly and securely.
● CBackup is a reliable free cloud service, providing professional backup and sync features. You can upload files, pictures, videos, programs, and even the entire computer to mainstream cloud drives like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
● What’s more, there is no limitation on file size and upload speed in CBackup. So you can choose any size file to upload to Dropbox via CBackup. And the upload speed is only related to your network connection.
● For data security, CBackup uses OAuth Authorization System and never saves your password to cloud drive account. And CBackup applies 256-bit AES Encryption in data transfer so your data will be protected from loss.
Follow the easy steps below to perform Dropbox secure upload via CBackup for free:
1. After downloading and installing the CBackup desktop application on your computer. Sign up for a new account and open the client to log into your account.
2. Click on the My Storage section. Then please select Dropbox and choose Authorize Now to let CBackup access your Dropbox successfully.
3. Next, press Sync > Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. If you want to upload files to Dropbox automatically, choose Settings at the left bottom. On this page, enable Scheduler.
5. Choose any file as the sync source. Click a folder in your Dropbox account as the sync destination. Finally, click on the Start Sync button to perform a Dropbox secure upload task automatically.
If you use Dropbox to work collaboratively, you may need to transfer files between Dropbox accounts. Do you want to know how to allow someone else to upload files to your Dropbox? There are 2 useful ways for it.
There is a feature in Dropbox called File request, which allows you to receive files from anyone, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account. Once someone clicks on the link you share, and the file size is smaller than 2GB, they can choose files to upload to your Dropbox. For files larger than 2GB, it is advisable to create and use a shared link. Get this easy way as follow:
1. On the Dropbox official website, go to the File requests page. A window will pop up and please click on Request your first file request.
2. On this page, you can input the basic information of your file including Title, Description, etc. After that, click on Create.
3. Next, type the names or email addresses of the receivers. Or, you can copy the shared link to send it to your friends.
4. After the above, receivers this click the link to upload files to Dropbox and then you can see the files.
CBackup also provides a feature that allows you to transfer files between any two cloud drive accounts - cloud to cloud sync. If you want to send files from Dropbox to another Dropbox account, let’s see the easy guideline:
1. Go to the CBackup website. Log into your CBackup account.
2. Choose the My Storage tab, click on the + button to Add Cloud you need.
3. Go to the Sync Tasks section, and press the New Task button to create a new cloud to cloud sync task.
4. Next, press the Add Source button to choose the original cloud drive from anyone, and press the Add Destination button to choose the target cloud drive.
5. After the above, select the Start Sync button to start the cloud to cloud sync task to let someone upload to your Dropbox directly.
Reading here, you have known Dropbox is a safe method for uploading and how to perform Dropbox secure upload in 3 different ways. To make your upload task much easier, you can try using a free professional cloud service CBackup directly.