“My local disk c is full and my operating system is installed in it. Yesterday I updated my windows so now only 7.9GB is free of 106 so what can I do now? As far as I know, there's nothing left to delete. Everything in it is important to me. And now my pc is lagging!”
At this digital time, such a disk full in Windows issue is very common for users. Disk full issue in windows 10 may cause the following situations:
• Your computer running speed is slow.
• Software and programs have no space to be updated or installed.
• There is not enough space for big files or folders.
To make your computer run normally, maybe you need to solve it and you can get some useful information in the following chapters.
How to free up disk storage in Windows 10
Wanna fix the disk full problem in Windows 10 quickly? Here we prepared 7 useful solutions and you can consider choosing one according to your situation.
Method 1. Use Storage Sense to delete files
The most direct way is to delete files in your disk, but deleting manually can be very time-consuming. For this, Storage Sense can help you to delete files automatically. It is a Windows built-in tool that can help you delete temporary files at a fast speed. Here is the simple guideline to use it:
1. Type storagesense in the search box and launch it.
2. In Settings, click Configure Storage Sense or run it now, then select the Clean now option.
Method 2. Empty Recycle Bin
After long-term use, you may have lots of files in the Recycle Bin on your computer. You can empty it to fix disk space full in Windows 10. Here are the detailed steps:
1. Go to Recycle Bin on the computer.
2. Click on Manage > Recycle Bin Tools > Empty Recycle Bin, then click Yes to clear Recycle Bin.
Method 3. Uninstall unnecessary programs
If your disk is full, you can consider uninstalling some programs that you seldom use to free up storage space. The steps are very easy to follow:
2. Then you can choose the apps you want to uninstall, then click Uninstall.
Method 4. Run Disk Cleanup program
Disk Cleanup is a hard drive storage space maintenance tool. It can help you free up disk space for free so you can try it with these steps:
1. Find the Disk Cleanup program, and open it.
2. Select the disk drive you want to free up, and click OK.
3. Check all the boxes next to these data, then select OK.
Method 5. Delete files in the WinSxS folder
The WinSxS folder is a folder in the Windows folder on your computer, which stores many Windows Component Store files. It may take up lots of storage space of the disk. If your disk is full in Windows 10, you can reduce the size of this folder.
1. Open Task Manager. Select Library > Microsoft > Window > Servicing.
2. Click StartComponentCleanup, then click the Run option.
Method 6. Make OneDrive files online-only
OneDrive is also built-in Windows 10 and takes up space on C drive. To fix disk full in Windows 10, you can use the Files On-Demand feature to free up disk space. It will store your files only on OneDrive and download them when you need to use them. Here are the steps to use such a feature:
1. Open your OneDrive, click Help & Settings.
2. Click Settings, then check the Save space and download files as you use them option.
Method 7. Backup files from PC to cloud
If you feel complicated to delete files on your disk, maybe you can try backing up files to the cloud. You can have unlimited cloud backup for your computer then. Here we introduce the free cloud backup software - CBackup, which can be run on Windows PCs. With it, you can free up your disk storage easily.
Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive are all supported in CBackup. You can set up backup tasks from PC to these cloud drives directly. Or, CBackup itself also provides free cloud storage called CBackup Cloud, which can be used as a backup destination.
Please follow these steps for backup from PC to cloud to solve your disk full in Window 10 issue:
1. Download, install and open the CBackup desktop app on your PC. Create a new account and log into it.
2. Press Storage. Click a cloud drive (like Google Drive) > Authorize Now, then follow its instructions to grant CBackup connection to your Google Drive.
3. In the Backup tab, click the Backup PC to Public Cloud button to create a PC to cloud backup task.
4. Choose the files you need to back up to the cloud, then select your added cloud drive account.
6. At last, press the Start Backup button to start the backup task, then you can delete them from the disk to save storage space.
How to get more free cloud storage
If your cloud drive account does not have enough storage for your files on disk, maybe you can try the combined cloud storage feature in CBackup. For example, you can merge multiple Google Drive accounts to enjoy more than 15GB of free storage space. What’s more, you can merge different accounts from different cloud drives as well.
1. After adding your Google Drive accounts to CBackup, select the Storage tab, then click on Add Combined Cloud.
2. Tick the boxes next to the Google Drive accounts that you want to merge, and then click on Next > Combine.
3. After the above, you will have a Combined Cloud on your Storage interface. You can choose the Backup PC to Combined Cloud option on the Backup tab to select it as a backup destination and enjoy the free large backup space.
Written in the end
There are 7 solutions to disk full in Window 10 issue, and another 1 tip to expand your cloud storage for free. Maybe you can consider backing up files to cloud with the free cloud backup service - CBackup and enjoy large storage space for free.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup