How to Merge Two or Multiple Google Drive Accounts into One?
In this article, you will learn how to merge two or multiple Google Drive accounts into one and move data between different accounts easily and quickly.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
“To get more free cloud storage space, I signed up two Google Drive accounts. I was thinking of merging the two accounts because I am tired of switching accounts each time to manage my files on different accounts. Is there any way to merge two or multiple Google Drive accounts into one? Thanks in advance for your kindly reply.”
Google Drive is a cloud service, which is used to store, edit, and share the data in the form of documents, sheets, presentations, images, videos, etc. As mentioned in the case, some users may own more than one Google Drive accounts and want to consolidate those accounts into one.
If you are seeking for ways to merge Google Drive accounts, please read on. In the following write-up, the reasons and solutions to merge Google Drive multiple accounts on same computer are being discussed.
To expand storage space: A Google Drive account offers maximum of 15 GB free storage. However, this 15 GB storage space is shared among Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos. Due to this restriction of size, users create two or multiple Google Drive accounts in order to enjoy more free space.
Change of Domain: Another reason for merging Google Drive accounts is changing the domain as a result of graduating from school or college, changing the organization or company, etc.
To save effort: Tired of logging in each Google Drive account every time and managing files among different accounts, you would want to merge your accounts into one. After merging, you can easily transfer files or folders from one cloud drive to another without the need to download it to your computer and upload it to the cloud, saving much effort.
As we all know, combining multiple Google Drives with a large amount of data is a merely impossible task in a manual way. Therefore, you will be introduced two effective solutions to show you how to merge Google Drive accounts or how to combine Google Drive storage via the free cloud backup service - CBackup or Google tool - Google Takeout.
CBackup is a professional cloud backup service that allows you to combine Google Drive accounts. You can add multiple Google Drive accounts on one interface. Then, with a proper strategy, all free space of connected Google Drive accounts can be combined into a huge, even unlimited space to store the backup files.
Besides Google Drive, it also allows you to merge OneDrive accounts or other mainstream cloud drives. It is very easy to use. If you want to know how to merge two Google Drive accounts via CBackup, you can refer to the following steps.
1. Download CBackup, create a CBackup account and log in.
2. Click "My Storage" on the left side, then choose "Google Drive" and hit "Authorize Now". Then follow the on-screen guide to allow CBackup to access your Google Drive cloud storage. Repeat the steps to add another or all your Google Drive accounts.
3. After adding, your two Google Drive accounts are listed here. Click the "My Storage" button, you will see an "Add Combined Cloud" option in the menu. Click it.
4. Tick the two Google Drive cloud accounts that you want to combine. After checking, click on "Next". And choose the order for your Google Drive accounts, and click Combine.
5. Then, you will have a "Combined Cloud" in your My Storage list.
That's how to combine two Google Drive accounts. You can also combine all Google Drive storage space into one using the same way, even combine different cloud drive storage.
Then you could backup files to the combined Google Drive storage like the following steps:
1. Click Backup PC to Combine Cloud to create a new backup task in the Backup tab.
2. Choose the computer files, and pitch on the Combined Cloud you want, modify the Task Name if required.
3. Press Start Backup button to backup files to Google Drive cloud storage easily.
Google Takeout is a free utility that is provided by Google. This service can be used to create an archive of the required files from a Google Drive account. And, this archive file could be downloaded and extracted from the Google Drive. After that, it could be uploaded to the destination drive. If you want to transfer your entire “My Drive” to another account at once, then “Google Takeout” is a good option.
Read the following contents to learn how to merge two Google Drives:
1. Log in to Google Takeout. Under “Create a new archive”, click on the box against the option “Drive” and click on “Next Step”.
2. In the next window, you can customize your archive format by selecting the “Delivery Method” and the “File Type” and click on “Create Archive”.
3. A progress bar will display the status of your download. Once the archive is finished, a download link will be sent via email and you can download it as a zip archive.
4. Once you download the archived file, you can upload it to the user account to which you wanted to transfer these files.
The updated Google Drive desktop app - Drive for desktop allows users to log in to multiple accounts, and merging multiple Google Drive accounts will no longer be difficult. Follow these steps to learn how to sync and merge files from multiple accounts via Drive for desktop.
1. Download and launch Drive for desktop on your computer, then sign in to your Google Drive account.
2. All you have to do is tap your profile picture in the top left corner and then click Add another account to continue adding multiple Google Drive accounts.
3. You need to check Mirror files under the Google Drive tab.
4. Go to This PC on your computer and you'll see the disks of different Google Drive accounts, and you can merge different Google Drive accounts and data by dragging and dropping files.
If you don't want to use a third-party app to merge folders from different Google Drive accounts, you just need to spend a little more time working on the Google Drive web app by following these steps:
1. Go to the Google Drive website and sign in to your first Google Drive account.
2. Organize all the files in the account into a folder, then right-click the folder and click Download.
3. Extract the downloaded compressed folder from the local folder. Sign in to another account on Google Drive, click New > Folder to upload all downloaded data to that account.
backup Google Drive accounts to another or move files between different cloud storage quickly and easily on just one single interface.After merging the Google Drive accounts, there is still a chance that you need to transfer files from one Google Drive to another, you can also use CBackup to
Here is how to backup files from one Google Drive to another via CBackup.
1. Click Backup > Backup Public Cloud to Public Cloud.
2. Rename the Task Name if needed, then choose one Google Drive, and select another Google Drive account. Press the “Start Backup” button to transfer Google Drive to another account easily.
How to merge Google Drive accounts has been shown above, you can follow the solution that fits your situation. But if you want to run two Google Drive accounts on same computer at the same time, CBackup can help you achieve it easily.
What’s more, besides Google Drive, you can also add Dropbox and OneDrive on CBackup to gather the cloud space of each account together for better allocation and management. This enables you to get unlimited cloud backup space and do not have to pay for extra storage space. This is wonderful!