How to Merge Two or Multiple Google Drive Accounts into One?
In this article, you will learn how to merge two or multiple Google Drive accounts into one and move data between different accounts easily and quickly.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
“To get more free cloud storage space, I signed up two Google Drive accounts. I was thinking of merging the two accounts because I am tired of switching accounts each time to manage my files on different accounts. Is there any way to merge two or multiple Google Drive accounts into one? Thanks in advance for your kindly reply.”
Google Drive is a cloud service, which is used to store, edit, and share the data in the form of documents, sheets, presentations, images, videos, etc. As mentioned in the case, some users may own more than one Google Drive accounts and want to consolidate those accounts into one.
If you are seeking for ways to merge Google Drive accounts, please read on. In the following write-up, the reasons and solutions to merge Google Drive multiple accounts on same computer are being discussed.
To expand storage space: A Google Drive account offers maximum of 15 GB free storage. However, this 15 GB storage space is shared among Gmail, Google Drive, and Google+ services. Due to this restriction of size, users create two or multiple Google Drive accounts in order to enjoy more free space.
Change of Domain: Another reason for merging Google Drive accounts is changing the domain as a result of graduating from school or college, changing the organization or company, etc.
To save effort: Tired of logging in each Google Drive account every time and managing files among different accounts, you would want to merge your accounts into one. After merging, you can easily transfer files or folders from one cloud drive to another without the need to download it to your computer and upload it to the cloud, saving much effort.
As we all know, combining multiple Google Drives with a large amount of data is a merely impossible task in a manual way. Therefore, you will be introduced two effective solutions to show you how to merge Google Drive accounts or how to combine Google Drives via a third-party cloud drive service - CBackup or Google tool - Google Takeout.
CBackup is a professional cloud backup service that allows you to combine Google Drive accounts. You can add multiple Google Drive accounts on one interface. Then, with a proper strategy, all free space of connected Google Drive accounts can be combined into a huge, even unlimited space to store the backup files.
Besides Google Drive, it also allows you to merge OneDrive accounts or other mainstream cloud drives. It is very easy to use. If you want to know how to merge two Google Drive accounts via CBackup, you can refer to the following steps.
1. Download CBackup, create a CBackup account and log in.
2. Click "My Storage" on the left side, and click the "+ Add Cloud" button, then choose "Google Drive" and hit "Add". Then follow the on-screen guide to allow CBackup to access your cloud storage.
✎Note: CBackup supports Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and FTP/SFTP.
3. After adding, all your Google Drive accounts are listed here. Click the "My Storage +" button, you will see a "New Combined Cloud" option in the menu. Click it.
4. Tick the box next to the cloud storage account that you want to combine. After checking, click on "Next".
5. Then, you will have a "Combined Cloud" in your clouds list. You can choose the "Combined Cloud" as the backup destination to enjoy huge backup space.
That's how to combine two Google Drive accounts. After merging the Google Drive accounts, you can also use CBackup to backup Google Drive accounts to another or move files between different cloud storage quickly and easily on just one single interface.
1. Click the "Start Now" button next to "Backup one cloud to another".
2. Click “Backup Task” tab to create your backup task.
3. Name your backup task, click “Add Source” button to add one account as the backup source. Similarly, click “Add Destination” button to add another account as the backup destination. Then, click “Start Backup” to execute the task.
Solution 2. Merge Google Drive accounts via Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a free utility that is provided by Google. This service can be used to create an archive of the required files from a Google Drive account. And, this archive file could be downloaded and extracted from the Google Drive. After that, it could be uploaded to the destination drive. If you want to transfer your entire “My Drive” to another account at once, then “Google Takeout” is a good option.
Read the following contents to learn how to merge two Google Drives:
1. Log in to Google Takeout. Under “Create a new archive”, click on the box against the option “Drive” and click on “Next Step”.
2. In the next window, you can customize your archive format by selecting the “Delivery Method” and the “File Type” and click on “Create Archive”.
3. A progress bar will display the status of your download. Once the archive is finished, a download link will be sent via email and you can download it as a zip archive.
4. Once you download the archived file, you can upload it to the user account to which you wanted to transfer these files.
How to merge Google Drive accounts has been shown above, you can follow the solution that fits your situation. But if you want to run two Google Drive accounts on same computer at the same time, CBackup can help you achieve it easily.
What’s more, besides Google Drive, you can also add Dropbox and OneDrive on CBackup to gather the cloud space of each account together for better allocation and management. This enables you to get unlimited cloud backup space and do not have to pay for extra storage space. This is wonderful!