How do I move a video to a shared folder in Google Drive
Google Drive is one of the most popular and best-known cloud services in the market. Google Drive provides outstanding storage, backup, and collaboration features. To meet your sharing needs, Google Drive provides shared folder. Files in this folder can be edited, and modified by you and other members in this folder, which save much time and effort to copy Google Drive folder to another account.
Nowadays, video is a common file to record your life and work. You may want to upload video to shared Google Drive to share with friends, colleagues, etc. So, how to upload a video to the shared folder in Google Drive with ease? Please read on to know more about it.
How to upload video to shared Google Drive
How to share a video on Google Drive? Many of you choose to upload videos to shared Google Drive so that each member can view and edit these videos in it. We prepared 3 methods including manual solutions and an automatic method in the following part. Choose one suitable way according to your needs.
Way 1. Upload video to shared Google Drive on website
How to upload files to shared Google Drive? First, you can consider performing upload tasks on the Google Drive official website. This method is suitable for you if you do not want to download an extra desktop application on your computer. But you need to upload video manually so it may cost you much time and effort.
1. Navigate to the Google Drive website, and log into your account properly.
2. Press the + New icon on the left top. Then choose File Upload to upload your videos then.
3. After the above, your videos will be in My Drive. Then you need to locate them in the My Drive folder and right-click on them to select Move to.
4. Next, click the icon on the left top. Double click on Shared with me and choose Google Drive shared folder in it. Then click on MOVE HERE and your videos will be moved to this shared folder.
Upload video by dragging
On the Google Drive website, you can also drag video files to shared Google Drive directly. How to share video in Google Drive in this way? Here comes the easy guideline:
1. On your Google Drive account page, choose Shared with me on the left panel.
2. Choose your video files in a local folder, and drag them into a folder in Shared with me in Google Drive directly.
In addition, if you are a paid user in Google Drive, you can upload video to Shared drive directly on the official website.
Way 2. Upload video to shared Google Drive with desktop app
Google Drive provides a desktop client called Drive for Desktop. Once you download and set up such a desktop app on your computer, you will get a Google Drive disk. Then, you can drag your video files into such a folder. This process can help you finish uploading video to My Drive in Google Drive. Then you can move them to shared Google Drive likewise.
What’s more, for paid users, you will have a Shared drives folder in the Google Drive disk additionally. So you can drag and drop your videos into this folder directly, then your videos will be in Shared Google Drive.
Way 3. Upload video to shared Google Drive effectively
To upload videos to shared Google Drive effectively, it is highly recommended to try the multi-cloud manager MultCloud, which allows you to download, share, upload, preview, delete, and preview files in multiple clouds on one login, saving time and effort.
Follow the easy steps below to upload video to shared Google Drive effectively for free:
1. Go to the MultCloud website, and sign up for a new account.
2. On the Add Cloud page, click on Shared Drive and enter your Google Workspace account to add it to MultCloud.
3. Choose the Shared Drive and click on the Upload Files option to choose your video file in the pop-up window. Then press Open to upload it to shared Google Drive now.
Compared with other methods, MultCloud has some outstanding advantages.
Keep transferring files even if you close the browser.
Support more than 30 types of cloud drives.
Cloud to cloud backup and sync (one-way sync and two-way sync) are all supported in both free accounts and paid accounts.
Tip: Get more Google Drive cloud storage for videos
For this, you can use the combine cloud storage feature in the free cloud backup service CBackup to merge many Google Drive accounts into one combined cloud with larger cloud storage. CBackup is a professional and stable cloud service. It provides a free combine cloud storage feature that allows you to merge cloud accounts including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and more.
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop client on your computer first. Then go to Storage to choose Google Drive and press Authorize Now to add your Google Drive accounts to CBackup.
2. Click on the Storage tab, and press + Add Combined Cloud.
3. Check the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge, and then press Next. After managing the order of your Google Drive accounts, choose Combine.
Now, you have a combined cloud in the cloud list. You can backup large files to Google Drive by choosing Backup PC to Combined Cloud in Backup section.
Note: There are some wonderful features in CBackup and you can try for free.
● Backup to public cloud: You can use it to backup files to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive for better file protection. ● Cloud to cloud sync/backup: CBackup allows you to transfer or backup files between any two cloud drives with just one login.
The bottom line
After reading, you will know 3 effective ways to upload video to shared Google Drive. You can choose to upload on the Google Drive official website or with an official desktop client. Or, you can try a free mult-cloud manager called MultCloud to help you upload video to Google Drive automatically and quickly.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup