Top 3 Ways to Sync OneDrive Between Users Securely and Easily
This article will show you how to sync OneDrive between users in 3 different ways with ease. Please read on to learn the detailed steps.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Get Started
“My team often needs to send files to each other and all of us are using OneDrive to store files. Therefore, I just wonder if I can sync OneDrive between users so that we can share files in real-time without any manual operation.”
As one of the most famous cloud storage for file storing and sharing, OneDrive is favored by massive users. It offers 5 GB of free storage space to each user and provides many useful applications and features to help users upload, access, and share files in an easy way. Nowadays, many users may have multiple OneDrive accounts to enjoy more free storage space without upgrading their accounts.
With more and more users using OneDrive and signing up for more than one OneDrive accounts, it is common that one user may need to move files between OneDrive accounts or OneDrive users may need to grant access to some others sometimes. For whatever reason, they may want to sync OneDrive between users or sync two OneDrive accounts.
If you are seeking ways for that, please read on to learn how to sync OneDrive with other users or sync your own OneDrive accounts in three different ways in the following contents.
Generally, the most important reason for users to sync OneDrive between users is to share files. Therefore, you can take advantage of OneDrive’s capabilities or rely on a third-party cloud sync tool to sync your OneDrive with other users. Please keep reading to learn the detailed methods.
To be able to sync OneDrive with other users, you can use one of OneDrive's most popular features to create a shared folder and share it with other accounts. The user you share the folder with will have the right to access and modify files in the folder, which also can be regarded as a way to sync files between OneDrive accounts.
1. Go to the OneDrive website and log in to your OneDrive account.
2. Click on the “+ New” button to create a new folder and name it “Shared Folder” and move all your files in this account to “Shared Folder”.
3. Select this “Shared Folder” by clicking the circle in the upper corner of the item. Then, click “Share” at the top of the page.
4. Select "Anyone with the link can edit" to customize the link options and click on “Apply”.
5. Once you're back at the main share box, select "Copy" to copy the link to your clipboard.
6. Paste the link and send the link to other users that you want to grant the right to access the files on that account by this link.
As we all know, after downloading and installing the OneDrive desktop application on your computer, you can have an OneDrive folder on the C drive. Generally, this folder can sync your local files to the cloud automatically as long as you drop files to this folder. Therefore, if you have two OneDrive folders that owning to different accounts on your computer, you can sync OneDrive between users or accounts.
1. Download and install the OneDrive desktop app on your computer.
2. After clicking "Get Started" on the window that pops up next, you'll be asked to sign in to your Microsoft account. If you don't already have a Microsoft account, create an account at first.
3. Follow the instructions to set up the OneDrive desktop app. Aftering setting, the OneDrive folder will be created on your computer. Generally, it is placed under C:\Users\Username\OneDrive by default.
4. Then, you should add your second OneDrive account. Please click the OneDrive icon on the taskbar to open your app. Select "Settings" from the pop-up window.
5. Click the Add on account button and follow the above-mentioned steps to add your second account. Then, you will have two OneDrive folders in Windows File Explorer and you move files between the folder to sync files.
Actually, taking advantage of OneDrive is feasible but not easy. The easiest way to achieve this goal must be relying on a third-party cloud sync tool to sync files between OneDrive accounts directly. Nowadays, there are many third-party cloud sync tools on the market that can help you sync between OneDrive accounts with ease. If you need a recommendation, CBackupper is a good choice for you.
With it, you can easily add multiple OneDrive accounts on one interface and sync files between these accounts quickly and securely. Besides OneDrive, it also supports many other stream cloud drives like Google Drive, Dropbox, and so on. So, you can sync files between cloud storage accounts belonging to one or different cloud storage on one interface. What's more, this feature of CBackupper is free, don't hesitate to use it with the following steps:
1. Get started with CBackupper. Create a CBackupper account for free and sign in.
2. Navigate to the Clouds tab, click "Add Clouds" at the bottom of My Clouds, select "OneDrive" and click "OK" to add this drive. You can add OneDrive accounts as many as you have.
✎Note: As we all know, OneDrive offers each user 5GB free storage only, so, many users may want to merge OneDrive accounts to enjoy more free storage space without upgrading their accounts. If you are using multiple OneDrive accounts, you can repeat the steps above to add as many OneDrive accounts as you have. After adding, all your OneDrive accounts are listed here. With only one login, you can allocate and make full use of their storage space.
3. After adding, click "Sync Tasks" and then click the New Task button in the middle of the page.
4. Name your backup task, click the "Add Source" button to add one OneDrive account as the sync source. You can choose individual folders on OneDrive as the backup source.
5. Click "Add Destination" to add another OneDrive account and then click "Start Sync" to execute your sync task.
☛You can click the arrow next to the "Start Sync" button and select the delay time, you can choose to delay one hour, two hours, four hours, and so on.
☛You can also click the "Settings" button in the lower-left corner to enjoy scheduled backup, email notification, file filter, and other useful sync settings.
Two ways to sync OneDrive between users and one tip to make full use of your OneDrive storage space has been listed above. You can follow the first way to share files between OneDrive users manually, choose the second way to sync files between OneDrive folders, or sync files between OneDrive accounts automatically with the third way.
Besides cloud to cloud backup/sync, CBackupper is also a cloud backup service for PC, you can use it to protect your Windows PC by backing up your files from the local computer to a secure and stable cloud server called AOMEI Cloud. And the CBackupper PC cloud backup service offers a 15-day free trial, you can try it first.