How do I automatically upload Excel to Google Drive?
As a famous office tool provided by Microsoft, Excel brings lots of convenience to you in daily life and work. With Excel, you can show information more clearly and use many built-in tools to manage your data.
Thus, Excel will keep much significant data and files for you. To make them safer or share them with others easily, you may need to transfer files to cloud storage. Among all cloud services in the market, Google Drive offers 15GB of free cloud storage and many wonderful features, which is a suitable choice for Excel files.
For this, we provide different solutions to sync Excel to Google Drive in the following part. You can choose one according to the number of your Excel files.
3 ways to sync Excel to Google Drive automatically
If you have many Excel files on your computer and need to perform bulk upload to Google Drive, an automatic method for Excel Google Drive sync can save you much time and effort. Here we prepared 3 different ways to do it.
Way 1. Sync Excel to Google Drive via Drive for Desktop
Google Drive provides an official desktop client called Drive for Desktop. With it, you can set up automatic sync tasks for a certain folder. Follow the guideline to try it:
1. Get and install the Drive for Desktop desktop client on your computer. Run it, and select Sign in with browser to log into your Google Drive account properly.
2. Choose My Computer on the left menu. Press the Add folder button to choose the folder that contains your Excel files.
3. Tick the box in front of the Sync with Google Drive option. Then click on Done.
Way 2. Sync Excel to Google Drive with a free cloud service
To create an automatic sync task, we highly recommend you a free cloud backup service named CBackup. It also provides free backup features for any type of data including Excel files, folders, pictures, videos, hard drives, and more.
★ As a professional cloud service, CBackup has many good advantages in backup and sync:
The Scheduler feature can make your sync tasks automatic and regular.
There is no limitation on file size, type, and sync speed.
CBackup uses 256-bit AES encryption to protect your files in the transfer process.
Many cloud drives are supported in CBackup including Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
Download and install the desktop client of such a free cloud service, then you can connect Excel to Google Drive by following the easy tutorial here:
1. Sign up for a new CBackup account and open the CBackup app to log into your account.
2. Go to choose the Storage tab on the left panel. Click on Google Drive > Authorize Now in turn, to add your Google Drive to CBackup safely.
3. Click on the Sync icon. On the Create Sync Task page, select Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Select your Excel files as the sync source. Choose a folder in the Google Drive account as the sync destination.
5. If you want your Excel files synced automatically and regularly, press the Settings button on the left bottom to enable the Scheduler feature for free.
6. After the above, click on Start Sync to sync Excel to Google Drive at once.
In addition to file sync, CBackup offers many other professional features for free. You can learn something about them:
Combine cloud storage: You can get unlimited cloud backup space for free by merging unlimited cloud drive accounts.
Backup PC to public cloud: In addition to sync, you can also perform backups to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
Way 3. Sync Excel from OneDrive to Google Drive
As you know, Microsoft provides a cloud storage service as well - OneDrive. Thus, your Excel files can be saved to a OneDrive account directly. If you have a OneDrive account, you can sync Excel files with OneDrive first.
Then, you can sync Excel from OneDrive to Google Drive. To do it easily, you can try a cloud to cloud sync feature in CBackup. It allows you to sync data from one cloud account to another account without switching to different pages. Here is an easy guide to use it:
1. Go to the CBackup website. Log into your account.
2. Likewise, go to the My Storage part to add your OneDrive to CBackup.
3. Then click the Sync Tasks option, and press the New Task button.
4. Click the Add Source button to choose Excel files in your OneDrive account, and press the Add Destination button to choose your Google Drive account.
5. At last, select the Start Sync button to sync Excel files from OneDrive to Google Drive directly.
2 ways to sync Excel to Google Drive manually
Sometimes, you just have a few Excel files to sync. If you want to sync selectively, how to sync Excel files with Google Drive then? Try the 2 manual methods here.
Way 1. Sync Excel to Google Drive on the web page
To sync several Excel files to Google Drive, you can do it on the Google Drive web page directly.
1. Open your browser, then go to the Google Drive website. Log into your Google Drive account correctly.
2. In the My Drive tab, choose Upload files.... You can choose the Excel files you want to upload manually and then click Open.
Way 2. Sync Excel to Google Drive by dragging and dropping
With the Google Drive web page opening, you can sync Excel files to Google Drive by dragging and dropping them to the Google Drive folder from your local folder directly.
That’s all about how to sync Excel to Google Drive automatically or manually. You can choose a suitable solution according to your requirements. You can try a free cloud service to perform sync tasks. In addition to files, you can sync multiple folders to Google Drive with it directly and quickly.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup