How to Sync Excel Files with OneDrive In 5 Quick Ways
This post includes 5 solutions to how to sync Excel files with OneDrive. You can find a suitable method after reading.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Excel is a popular Microsoft office software widely used in daily work and life. You may create many Excel files with important data on your computer. At the same time, OneDrive is a famous cloud service provided by Microsoft as well. You can perform OneDrive sync from PC to cloud for more cloud features, easy access, and more.
To protect or manage your Excel files better, you need a solution to how to sync Excel files with OneDrive. Excel files can be saved automatically or manually. All the methods will be introduced in the following part. Please read on to get further information.
If you do not have a bulk of Excel files to sync with OneDrive, and you want to select certain Excel files to upload, you can consider performing manual sync with OneDrive. Here are 3 different choices for you.
A basic method is to sync Excel files with the OneDrive website. In this way, you do not need to download an extra client on your computer. Just do it in your browser:
1. Go to the OneDrive page. Sign into your own account first.
2. Click on the My Files tab in the left panel. Press the Upload icon to select Files. In the next pop-up window, choose your Excel file to upload to OneDrive manually.
Another manual method is to sync Excel files by dragging and dropping them into the OneDrive folder. To get such a folder on your computer, you need to download and set up the OneDrive official desktop client first.
1. Launch the OneDrive client. Input your email address here to sign into your account.
2. This page will show you where the OneDrive folder is. You can also select the Change location option to change the folder location.
3. Now, you will have a OneDrive folder in the location you choose. Drag and drop your Excel files to this folder to sync Excel files with OneDrive on desktop. You can let OneDrive syne any folder and files in this way.
When you are editing an Excel file or a Word document, you can save it to OneDrive on the Office app page directly.
1. After you open an Excel file, choose File.
2. Choose Save As on the menu. Select the OneDrive option. Your Excel file can be synced with OneDrive AutoSave feature.
3. Choose a folder from OneDrive to save your Excel file. And input your filename. After that, click on the Save button to sync Excel files with OneDrive.
However, manual sync tasks will cost much time and effort. Then, how to automatically sync Excel files with OneDrive? Does Excel automatically save in OneDrive? If you are a Microsoft 365 subscriber, both of the 2 methods below are suitable for you. If you are using a free OneDrive account, please try Method 2 for free.
There is a feature named AutoSave in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for Microsoft 365 subscribers. It will help you save your files every few seconds, and you can turn on AutoSave to set up OneDrive incremental sync. Please refer to the easy guideline:
1. Run the Excel tool and choose New on the left menu. Then select Blank workbook in the right section.
2. There is a switch for AutoSave on the top. Turn on it.
3. A window will pop up with the question “How do I turn on AutoSave”? Choose the OneDrive - Personal option.
4. After you give a name for your workbook, Excel will sync your file to OneDrive once you make modifications to your file.
Although the AutoSave feature is quite convenient, it only works for Microsoft 365 subscribers. If you are not, don’t worry, here comes a free cloud backup service named CBackup, which can help you sync Excel files with OneDrive automatically for free.
● With such a professional cloud service, you can sync any type of data to cloud like files, folder, hard drives, system, and even the entire computer. Besides, there is no limitation on file size and syncing speed.
● In addition to syncing Excel file with OneDrive, you can also sync files to some other mainstream cloud drives like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
● What’s more, the Scheduler feature in CBackup can create schedule OneDrive sync task for your Excel file. Then the Excel files will be synced to OneDrive automatically.
How to sync Excel sheet with OneDrive in CBackup? Now, let’s see the easy guideline for it:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop client on your computer. Sign up for a new CBackup account and run the desktop client to log into your account.
2. Click on the Storage tab, and click on OneDrive > Authorize Now. Follow the easy instructions to let CBackup access your OneDrive account.
3. Choose the Sync tab, and select Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose your Excel files as the sync source. Then choose a folder in the OneDrive account as the sync destination.
5. Click the Settings button on the left bottom and enable the Scheduler feature to make the sync task perform automatically and regularly. After configuration, click on Start Sync to sync Excel files to OneDrive automatically right now.
Now you have known some different solutions to how to sync Excel files with OneDrive manually or automatically. If you are not a Microsoft 365 subscriber and want to sync Excel files to OneDrive automatically, you can try the free online file backup service called CBackup directly.