Can I Run Multiple Dropbox Accounts on One Computer?
“I have two Dropbox accounts for personal but I am tired of switch accounts each time. How can I run multiple Dropbox accounts simultaneously in Windows 10? Please give me some suggestions!”
As one of the most popular online cloud storage services, Dropbox providing its users with 2GB free storage space for cloud file storage, and it also offers many useful features like synchronization, collaboration, and sharing of files between different users. While Dropbox provides so many conveniences, it offers no direct way for users to run multiple Dropbox accounts on one computer at once.
According to the explain of Dropbox official site, only Dropbox Business customers can have both personal and business accounts on any computer, mobile devices, and dropbox.com. And only Dropbox Business users will be able to have multiple Dropbox accounts synced to a single device. If you want to run multiple Dropbox personal accounts on one computer simultaneously, there are four workarounds for you. Just read on.
Way 1. Using Free CBackupper (Easiest way)
Actually, the easiest way to run multiple Dropbox personal accounts in Windows 10, 8, 7, etc. is to use a third-party tool. I highly recommend you use CBackupper. It is a free web cloud service that supports cloud management and backup. You can add and link multiple Dropbox accounts to manage and backup files on different accounts easily.
And it supports many cloud drives like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and so on, so, you can safely add and manage multiple cloud storage accounts or multiple accounts of one cloud drive on CBackupper. To use CBackupper, you can refer to the following steps:
1. Just go to the website of CBackupper. Create a CBackupper account and sign in.
2. Now, you are on the main page of CBackupper, click “Add Clouds” under “Clouds” tab to select the clouds you want to add and click on “Add”. Then, you will be led to sign in your public cloud storage account and authorize CBackupper to access your account.
✎Note: CBackupper bases on the standard OAuth system, which is a standard authorization framework that enables third-party applications to access multiple cloud accounts without username and password required.
3. After adding your cloud drives, you can easily run and manage multiple Dropbox accounts on just one interface at the same time with CBackupper.
✎Note: If you need to backup files between cloud drives, you can click on “Tasks” tab at the top of the page. CBackupper offers many useful features like scheduled backup, which can help you set an automatic backup task in Specific time/Daily/Weekly/Monthly.
Way 2. Using Both Dropbox APP and Website
If you don’t have a Dropbox Business account, using both Dropbox app and website simultaneously would be a feasible way. To run the secondary account, follow the below steps:
1. Install the Dropbox app on your desktop and sign in to your primary Dropbox account.
2. Visit the Dropbox website from any of your browsers, then, sign in to your secondary Dropbox account.
Way 3. Using Dropbox Shared Folders
This method is viable if you want to use multiple Dropbox accounts all the time. All you have to do is to create a separate shared folder on your computer and use both the accounts simultaneously. Follow the below steps to run multiple Dropbox accounts using shared folders:
1. Visit Dropbox’s official website and login to your secondary account. Then, tap on the “New Shared folder”.
2. Choose “I’d like to create and share a new folder” or “I’d like to share an existing folder” according to your needs. then tap on “Next” to proceed.
3. Now input your primary account’s email address to grant access. Don’t forget to tap on the “Can Edit” button. Once you’re done, tap on “Share”.
4. An email will be sent to your primary email address, open the email and then tap on “Go to folder” to confirm activation.
Way 4. Using Multiple Windows Logins
Using multiple Windows logins is also a way to get around Dropbox’s multiple account restrictions on free users. You’ll need administrator privileges on your primary Windows user account. Then, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the Windows Start menu button, select Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage another account > Add a new user in PC settings one by one.
2. Choose “Family & other users” from the left panel > Click “Add someone else to this PC” option.
3. Click “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” > Select “Add a user without a Microsoft account”.
4. Enter the username, password and other details to create a new account. Now, your new account is created successfully.
5. Now log in to your primary account and use “Win + L” to switch to the secondary account.
6. Create a new folder in C: drive for your Dropbox > Download Dropbox for this account. Select the new folder you just created in C: drive when you are being asked to choose a folder for Dropbox.
7. Sign out of the new account and sign in your main account > Find Dropbox > Right-click on the icon > Select Create shortcut option for quick access.
You may have got the main point on how to run multiple Dropbox accounts on one computer with the above ways. It is not hard to see that if you want to run more than two accounts at the same time, using the CBackupper is undoubtedly the easiest way. With it, you can manage several accounts on just one interface and even backup files between cloud storage freely within only a few steps.
What's more, CBackupper also has a PC version that is specially designed for Windows PC. It allows you to backup your PC files to its AOMEI Cloud with a large backup space and unlimited backup speed. Now, it also offers a 15-day free trial with 1000 GB of huge backup space. You can download it for free and try it now!