Merge two or more OneDrive accounts, is it possible?
I want to merge two or multiple OneDrive accounts so that I can access and manage all data which is available on different OneDrive accounts in one place. No need to log in to each account and get the sum of all accounts' storage space in one place. Is there a way to achieve this goal?
- Question from answers.microsoft.com
As the case shows, many users wonder "Can I merge two OneDrive accounts" or "how to combine two OneDrive accounts" nowadays, actually, of course, you can. As long as you find a good method, you can merge two or multiple OneDrive accounts into one, and manage everything in one OneDrive account.
Why need to merge multiple OneDrive accounts?
As we all know, OneDrive offers its users 5GB of free storage only, which can be run out of quickly. Therefore, most OneDrive users sign up for more than one OneDrive personal account to get more free storage and store a large number of files on multiple accounts simultaneously.
However, users need to switch their OneDrive accounts frequently. Being tired of logging in and logging out two or multiple OneDrive accounts each time, many people may think about merging all their OneDrive accounts into one so that they can enjoy larger storage space without switching accounts to manage OneDrive files.
If you use a OneDrive personal account and OneDrive work or school account at the same time, you can merge all OneDrive files into one OneDrive account with large cloud space for easy management.
How to merge two or multiple OneDrive accounts?
If you have more than one OneDrive accounts and don't know how to merge two OneDrive accounts into one, you can keep reading to learn two effective ways to merge all your OneDrive accounts with a third-party cloud backup service - CBackup or OneDrive in-built feature.
Way 1. Merge OneDrive accounts via CBackup (Easiest)
The easiest way to merge OneDrive accounts must be using a third-party tool, which can help you merge and run multiple OneDrive accounts on one PC with one login. We highly recommend you CBackup, which is a free and reliable Windows PC cloud backup service that allows you to migrate everything from one OneDrive account to another directly, or add multiple OneDrive accounts and combine them into one combined cloud.
Now, we will show you the best free way to migrate OneDrive to another account with CBackup:
Tips: Please ensure your destination OneDrive account has enough cloud storage space to hold all the files from the source OneDrive account, or it will fail due to insufficient cloud space. If you want more OneDrive storage space, you can turn to the below information to combine OneDrive storage space into a combined cloud.
1. Please install the CBackup desktop app, sign up for a free CBackup account, and sign in.
2. Tap the Storage tab on the left panel, then choose OneDrive and hit Authorize Now. Follow the steps to complete the authorization.
Tips: Add another OneDrive account to CBackup in the same way.
3. Click Sync > Sync Public Cloud to Public Cloud in sequence. You will be led to the CBackup web app.
4. Hit New Task to create a new sync task.
5. Press Add Source to select the OneDrive account that you want to transfer files from, and hit Add Destination to choose another OneDrive account.
6. Pitch on the Start Sync button to merge everything from OneDrive into another account directly.
Now, you can manage all OneDrive files on the target OneDrive account. If you want to merge more than two OneDrive accounts, you have to repeat the same process to merge the third OneDrive account to the target OneDrive account.
Way 2. Merge OneDrive accounts via “Sharing” feature (Manually)
OneDrive “Sharing” feature can help you connect OneDrive accounts by creating a shared folder and sharing it with other accounts. In this way, you can choose a primary account and share files in other accounts with this account. After sharing, you can see all of your files in only one account without the need of switching accounts. To achieve that, do the following:
2. Click on the “+ New” button to create a new folder and name it “Shared Folder” and move all your files in this account to “Shared Folder”.
3. Select this “Shared Folder” by clicking the circle in the upper corner of the item. Then, click “Share” at the top of the page.
4. Select "Anyone with the link can edit" to customize the link options and click on “Apply”.
5. Once you're back at the main share box, select "Copy" to copy the link to your clipboard.
6. Paste the link and you can access the files on that account by this link. If you have more than two OneDrive accounts, you can repeat this operation.
Way 3. Merge OneDrive Accounts by Copy and Paste
OneDrive allows you to use one OneDrive personal account and up to 9 OneDrive work or school accounts on each device according to the OneDrive official website. Thus, you can log in to your OneDrive accounts on your computer, and then open these OneDrive folders for each account. Copy and Paste or Drag and Drop OneDrive files from one account to another to merge OneDrive files.
However, this will cost you much more time to upload to another OneDrive account, and you have to merge them manually.
Note: You can't sync or share your OneDrive for work or school folders to your OneDrive personal folders. So, you can use this way to move files from OneDrive for Business to OneDrive Personal.
Merge OneDrive Storage Space into Huge One
Apart from the ways to merge OneDrive accounts, CBackup has the ability to merge OneDrive storage space into one huge backup space so that you can keep more files in it.
You can add as many OneDrive accounts as you have on CBackup, then, with a proper strategy, all free space of connected clouds can be combined into a huge, even unlimited backup space to store the backup files. And idle space of your paid cloud accounts also can be connected and turned into online backup storage.
Let's see how to merge OneDrive accounts with CBackup (you could also merge other clouds (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) into OneDrive to increase free cloud storage space):
1. Click "Storage" on the left side, then choose "Add Cloud", select the cloud you want to merge,and hit "Add". Then follow the on-screen guide to allow CBackup to access your cloud storage.
✎Note: Besides OneDrive, it also supports many other stream cloud drives like Google Drive, Dropbox, and so on. So, you can combine cloud storage belonging to one or different cloud storage on one interface.
3. After adding, all your OneDrive accounts are listed under Storage. Select Storage > + Add Combined Cloud.
4. Rename the combined cloud and tick the OneDrive accounts that you want to combine. After checking, click on "Next". Then choose the backup order for these OneDrive accounts, and click Combine.
5. Then, you will have a "Combined Cloud" in the Storage list.
Now, you can choose the "Backup PC to Combined Cloud" or "Backup Public Cloud to Combined Cloud" in the Backup tab to enjoy the huge backup space.
Back up or sync computer files to the public clouds, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and more.
Backup files from local devices to CBackup Cloud, and the combined cloud directly.
Offers 10GB of free cloud storage space of CBackup Cloud, and you can expand to 1TB, 5TB, or more.
Keeps unlimited backup versions for you to restore files to any version you kept.
According to the methods above, you can merge two or multiple OneDrive accounts as you like. Actually, the second and third ways to merge OneDrive accounts are indirect way. And in the two ways, you must move all your files manually, which will waste a lot of time. Therefore, you'd better know how to merge 2 OneDrive accounts easily and quickly with CBackup, which is free and easy to use. Don’t hesitate to try it now!
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup