OneDrive is one of the most popular cloud storage services in the recent market. You can regard OneDrive as a storage destination for your files and folders. Or, you can turn on the OneDrive sync feature to protect data security on your device. In OneDrive, you can also share files and folders with other users with ease, which will improve working efficiency a lot.
However, you may encounter some OneDrive issues when you use the OneDrive client, like OneDrive not syncing, OneDrive files not opening, OneDrive downloads not working, and more. Once you meet such a OneDrive error, there are some common solutions including restarting OneDrive, rebooting the device, checking the Internet connection, etc. If the methods above cannot solve your problem, you may consider uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive to fix the OneDrive issue.
How to reinstall Microsoft OneDrive? Here we provide different ways to reinstall OneDrive on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. No matter what device you are using, you can find a satisfying answer in the tutorial.
4 ways to reinstall OneDrive on different devices
To perform the OneDrive reinstall task, you can choose a suitable way in the following part according to the operating system based on your using device.
Way 1. How to reinstall OneDrive on Windows
There are many Windows users who use OneDrive as their cloud drive and set up OneDrive sync from PC to cloud in daily life. However, many of you will meet some issues in OneDrive. Thus, we prepare the steps to reinstall OneDrive, which is applicable to reinstall OneDrive on Windows 10, 11, and other versions of Windows operating systems.
1. Go to the Start menu, and go to the Windows Settings page. Under Apps, click on Apps & features. Then locate Microsoft OneDrive in the right part. Press the Uninstall button.
Tip: You may be asked to confirm for administration by typing your password.
2. After uninstalling Microsoft OneDrive, just go to the OneDrive website to download the latest version of the OneDrive desktop application. And set up OneDrive according to its wizard step by step.
Way 2. How to reinstall OneDrive on Mac
Some of you need to reinstall Microsoft OneDrive on Mac, which is a little different from operations on Windows systems. Don’t worry, here come the detailed steps to reinstall OneDrive on Mac.
1. Please quit OneDrive first. Then, go to the Applications folder to find OneDrive.app. Right-click on it to choose Move to Trash.
Tip: You can go to the Library folder to remove files related to OneDrive likewise.
2. After uninstalling, please go to the OneDrive website to get the latest version. Then set up OneDrive on Mac by following its wizard. Then you can create OneDrive auto backup again.
Way 3. How to reinstall OneDrive on Android
In addition to OneDrive backup multiple computers, OneDrive can also be used on your mobile devices. How to reinstall OneDrive on an Android phone? Just follow the easy guide here:
1. Go to the Settings page on your Android phone.
2. Tap Storage or Memory, then choose OneDrive. You can see the App info of the OneDrive app on your phone. Press the Uninstall option here.
3. After uninstalling OneDrive on your Android phone, go to the Play Store to get the latest version of the mobile OneDrive app.
Way 4. How to reinstall OneDrive on iOS
How about reinstalling OneDrive on an iOS device? The operation steps are quite easy and you can follow the guideline.
1. There is a OneDrive app icon on your desktop. Press and hold it until you see the menu. Choose the Remove App option here.
2. Next, tap Delete App to confirm your deletion.
3. After deleting the OneDrive app, just go to App Store to download it likewise.
Tip: Perform OneDrive sync without any error
You are likely to look for a way to reinstall OneDrive to solve some OneDrive issues quickly. But it can be troublesome if you always meet OneDriv errors when you set up OneDrive backup and sync.
We highly advise you to switch to another cloud service that can help you perform OneDrive sync without any error - a free cloud backup service called CBackup.
As a professional cloud service, CBackup offers comprehensive backup and sync features. You can find many shining points when you use it to perform sync tasks.
2. Click on Storage on the left panel. Choose OneDrive > Authorize Now. Please follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to your OneDrive account.
3. Choose the Sync tab on the left menu then, and choose Sync PC to Public Cloud here.
4. Choose any file on your computer as the sync source. Then a OneDrive folder as the sync destination. After that, press the Start Sync button to sync files from local to OneDrive.
Tip: You can click the Settings button to configure more advanced settings for your sync task. For example, you can set a sync schedule for automated sync for free. And there are 4 different time modes for you to choose from.
To sum up
After reading this post, you have known how to reinstall OneDrive on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS. If you are always troubled with OneDrive issues, we recommend you another cloud service CBackup to set up OneDrive incremental sync without any error.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup