Hi. OneDrive is not running on my Windows 10 machine. I must have turned it off previously but do not remember if I did or what I did. Do you know how to solve this OneDrive error? Looking forward to your reply!
As one of the mainstream cloud storage, OneDrive collected massive users. However, some OneDrive users find that their OneDrive is not running sometimes or OneDrive does not open for unknown reasons. Why is OneDrive not running on my PC? An error in your computer's account settings, insufficient storage space in OneDrive, incomplete OneDrive configuration, program errors, and more may be the cause of the OneDrive not running on PC.
If you are facing this OneDrive not working issue, take it easy, you will find effective fixes in the following contents.
How to fix "OneDrive not running on Windows 10" issue
In the following part, you will be introduced to 8 ways to solve the OneDrive not working issue on Windows 10 PC, please check the fixes one by one and choose the suitable fix to follow according to your situation.
4. This resets OneDrive. If OneDrive doesn’t start automatically after the reset, launch it manually by running:
Fix 4. Disable Windows firewall and antivirus software
Windows Firewall may block OneDrive from working properly on Windows 10 sometimes. Meanwhile, some third-party antivirus tools also interfere with OneDrive settings. So, you can turn off your antivirus and change the settings of the firewall to see if the OneDrive not opening on Windows 10 issue has been solved:
Check Windows Firewall
1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center > Firewall & network protection > Allow an app through firewall.
2. In the pop-up dialog, click Change settings, scroll down the list of apps, find OneDrive and check the boxes of Private and Public. Then, click OK to save the change.
Check antivirus software
Your antivirus program like Windows Defender, Norton, AVG, etc. may regard the OneDrive application as dangerous software and prevent it from running. So, you need to configure it to make sure it works with OneDrive.
Fix 5. Set the Registry value
If your OneDrive not running in Startup, you can also make some changes in the Windows registry to fix the problem.
✎Tips: Be careful when editing the registry, and the problem can get worse if there are any errors in the steps. You may also consider backing up the entire registry before you begin the operation.
1. Press Windows Key + R to open Run. Type regedit and press Enter.
2. At the left pane, navigate to this registry key:
In fact, many users claim that OneDrive goes down easily such as “OneDrive not syncing”, “OneDrive has a problem connecting to OneDrive” and so on. And they have to spend time fixing these issues. If you are tired of handling OneDrive not running in Windows 10 problems, perhaps you can switch to a better cloud backup service - CBackup a OneDrive alternative to sync files to OneDrive, and it is more stable than OneDrive.
CBackup is a free and professional cloud backup for Windows PC that allows you to sync and backup files to OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more. If you only need to protect your data on the computer with OneDrive, it is the best choice. It can help you backup drivers in Windows 10 easily. So, if your OneDrive client is not responding, you can also use CBackup to sync your computer files to OneDrive Cloud.
Here is how to sync files to OneDrive via CBackup to avoid OneDrive not running on Windows 10 problem:
2. Run the software. Then click OneDrive under the Storage tab, then hit Authorize Now, and follow the steps to add OneDrive to CBackup.
3. Click on the Sync tab and click on the Sync PC to Public Cloud button.
4. Specify the Task Name, and choose the folders you want to sync to OneDrive in the Source section. Tick a OneDrive folder as the target location.
5. Go to Settings (bottom left) > Scheduler to set up the OneDrive auto sync, and then click the Start Sync button to sync files to OneDrive.
★Tips: There are some useful features you may need to set up in Settings:
You could set up schedule sync via the Scheduler and sync files on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, and set it up once and enjoy it forever.
It's quite useful to set up email notification to get emails about the sync process and use the File Filter to exclude or include the file types you like.
Moreover, CBackup has the ability to combine OneDrive cloud storage space by merging OneDrive accounts for free especially when the OneDrive storage space has been running out, as well as backup one cloud to another easily, and sync cloud to another cloud efficiently.
If you meet the “OneDrive not running on Windows 10” issue, you can follow the above 8 methods to fix it. Generally, the listed methods can solve most of the OneDrive problems including “OneDrive not opening in Windows 11”, “OneDrive not working on Windows 10”, and “OneDrive not syncing on Windows 10”. What's more, if you decide to turn to a OneDrive alternative, don't forget to use CBackup. It is very easy to use.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup