How to Set Up a Photoshop File Backup with Ease
This article will give you 3 easy ways to create a Photoshop file backup. Please keep reading and you can find the best one.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Adobe Photoshop is a popular photo editing software for Windows and macOS worldwide. It plays a huge role in people's lives or in their work and studies and has been the industry standard in digital art. Therefore, many users use it to create important pictures.
However, just like any other type of file, if Photoshop files are not backed up, they will be at risk of being lost or damaged. So, you really need a suitable method to create a Photoshop file backup.
Cloud backup and cloud storage are now popular ways to back up your files, systems, applications, etc. Cloud backup software and cloud storage software generally offer the feature to back up or store data regularly and automatically, which brings a lot of convenience to users.
In addition to this, most cloud backup software will provide a free cloud space for each account for backup. If you need more space, you can also pay for their subscription plans to easily get more backup space. If your data is accidentally lost, Cloud Backup can ensure that they are safe and restore them quickly.
So we introduce 3 ways to create cloud backup for Photoshop files:
First, we would like to recommend a professional cloud backup software - CBackup. CBackup supports file backup of all types including Photoshop files definitely. CBackup gives each new account 10GB of free cloud storage called CBackup Cloud. Thus, you can back up your Photoshop file to CBackup directly and with no speed limitation.
What’s more, CBackup allows you to add different cloud drives including Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox. If you do not want to set Photoshop backup file location as CBackup Cloud, you can back up to the public cloud drives via CBackup as well.
In addition, if you use up the free backup space and do not want to pay for the subscription plans, you can use the Combined Cloud Storage feature from CBackup. It lets you add several different cloud drive accounts to CBackup and become a larger cloud space for free.
You can follow these steps to set up your Photoshop file backup:
1. Download and install CBackup desktop application on your computer. Open it and sign up for a new account to get 10GB of free backup space.
2. Click on the Backup section, and press the Backup PC to CBackup Cloud button to create a new Photoshop file backup task.
3. Select the Photoshop files that you want to back up to CBackup Cloud. Click on the Start Backup button to begin the Photoshop file backup.
☛ Note: Then you can go to Settings to select Scheduler so that your Photoshop file can be backed up regularly with the selected frequency. There are 4 different backup time modes for you to pick: One time only, Daily, Weekly, and Monthly.
OneDrive is a famous cloud storage and you can choose to back up Photoshop files to OneDrive as well. But the free cloud storage OneDrive offers is just 5GB and is easy to use up. If you do not want to spend too much money on expanding cloud storage, you can merge two or more OneDrive accounts to get larger cloud storage space for free.
Let’s see how to back up Photoshop files with OneDrive:
1. If you use Windows 11/10, you can open OneDrive app directly on your computer. If you use another operating system, you need to download the OneDrive desktop app first.
2. Launch the OneDrive application and sign in to your account.
3. You can choose the Photoshop file for backup, then click the Start backup button.
4. Then a OneDrive folder will appear on your computer. If you want to back up Photoshop files to the cloud, just drag files to the OneDrive folder directly.
If you often use Google Apps to work or study, we recommend you Google Drive, which can integrate with different Google Apps perfectly. After backing up your files to it, your files can be shared between Google Apps easily. Here are the detailed steps without downloading a desktop application:
1. Go to the Google Drive website page, and log into your Google account.
2. Select the My Drive > Upload files or Upload folder option.
3. Then you can choose the Photoshop files you want to back up and click Open.
If you back up your Photoshop file to CBackup and your file is lost by accident, you can use CBackup as the PSD file recovery software with the following steps easily:
1. Go to the Backup Tasks section and find your Photoshop file backup task, click on the three dots icon to select Restore.
2. Then you can choose the files you want to restore. After selecting, click on OK.
3. Also, you can choose the Restore Destination.
5. Finally, click on the Start Restore button.
After reading this article, we believe that you may know how to set up a Photoshop file backup. If you still have no idea about choosing a method, you can try the professional cloud backup software - CBackup. It is easy to use and provides many useful features for free!