I'm newly on Windows 11 and need to set up a backup solution for my important files like documents, pics, videos, music, etc. How do I backup my Windows 11 files? Is there any recommendation for Windows 11 cloud backup?
Why Do You Need Backup Windows 11 to Cloud?
Windows 11 is already available for users, and many users choose to update their system to it to enjoy the new interface, widgets, Microsoft Teams integration, etc. But, while you enjoy your new system, you should also pay attention to the protection of your Windows files, which is aimed at preventing data loss.
Compared with external hard drive file backup, backing up Windows 11 to cloud protects your files from natural disasters and system collapse, and it allows you to access your data from multiple devices with an Internet connection.
We have brought to you 4 efficient methods to get Windows 11 cloud backup free, and there is another way to could help you backup Windows 11 items.
Top 4 Solutions for Windows 11 Cloud Backup
You can back up your Windows 11 to any of the following 4 cloud backup services. But our pick is CBackup, which offers you to backup all your precious memories and files to cloud for free. And it is easy to use with high security. Now, let’s get to the point.
OneDrive is a cloud backup solution that is baked into your Windows 11 and it gives every account 5GB free storage space when you sign up for it. You don't need to download its desktop app. What you need to do is to launch it on your computer, and you can initiate your cloud backup task.
1. First, it is necessary for you to have a Microsoft account to set up OneDrive on your device. If you don’t have one, register for a OneDrive account on the official website.
2. Head to the Settings > System > Storage > backup options in turn.
3. In the Back up files to OneDrive tab, click on Sign in to OneDrive, log in to your credential, and finish the setup of it.
4. Then, you could find the OneDrive folder in File Explorer. You can create Windows 11 online backup by uploading files to the folder, and they will be automatically backed-up to the OneDrive cloud.
Method 2. Backup Windows 11 to Google Drive
Google Drive is a great cloud storage service that supports backing up Windows 11 to the cloud. It provides 15GB of free space for each new user, and it works highly integrated with G Suite applications such as Gmail, Sheets, Slides, and so on.
1. Download and install the Google Drive client app on your laptop. And create a Google account if you don’t have one.
2. Log into it with your Google account, and complete the set-up following the instruction.
3. Then, there would be a Google Drive disk in your Windows Explorer, and you could backup files to Google Drive by dropping and dragging files.
Method 3. Backup Windows 11 to Dropbox
Dropbox is one of the most popular cloud backup tools in the market now. Though it provides only 2GB of free storage for new registration, it brings users with secure file storage, sharing, and collaboration solutions.
1. Download and launch Dropbox on your PC, and sign up for a Dropbox account.
2. After finishing the installation, sign in to it with your Dropbox account, and continue with the setup wizard.
3. The Dropbox folder will show in your computer’s File Explorer, you could upload files to it to backup your Windows 11 to cloud.
Method 4. Backup Windows 11 to CBackup
Last but not least, another cloud backup service for Windows 11 data is CBackup, which is an all-in-one professional cloud backup solution that allows you to perform Windows 11 backup and restore hassle-free. It supports automatically backing up Windows PC data to public cloud drives such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and so forth, for free. When accidents happen, you an restore Windows 11 quickly and easily to get back lost files.
It also delivers free and paid CBackup Cloud backup space for users. With 10GB of free space for each new account, CBackup provides huge space at an affordable price ($4.99 / month for 1TB). It is the easiest solution for cloud backup on Windows 11. Besides, it allows you to combine cloud storage to gain more backup space without any payment.
4. Choose the files you want to back up. And then, hit the Start Backup position.
If you want to restore Windows 11 backup on CBackup, go to the Tasks tab > find the target backup task > click on the three dots button > choose Restore > select files to restore > specify a restore path > tap on Start Restore.
Bonus Tip: Additional Way to Back up Windows 11 Files
When you upgrade to Windows, you may encounter some errors like the system cannot find the file specified. So you can protect your computer files better with CBackup. In addition to relying on Windows 11 cloud backup tools to back up items to cloud, you can also backup them up using File History, which enables you to create Windows 11 backup to external drive and local drive and restore them if your original ones are lost.
1. Locate the Backup options with the steps in method 1 foregoing.
2. Tap Add a drive under Back up using File History option. Then, you should select a drive on which you intend to backup your data. You could plug in an external drive to select it as the backup target as well.
You can turn on Automatic back up my files to perform auto-backup tasks. To make sure of the security in the external drive, you can make cloud backup external drive with CBackup additionally.
Written in the End
You can easily get Windows 11 cloud backup with the above-mentioned cloud backup tools. We highly recommend you to have a try at CBackup. It supports backing up data to third-party clouds and gets PC cloud data transfer with ease.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup