Let OneDrive Sync Multiple Computers: 3 Methods Here!
This post will tell you how to make OneDrive sync multiple computers in 3 different ways. After reading, you can choose the more suitable one for your computer data.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
I have three computers. None of the 6 desktops and pictures are duplicated. Each is unique. I have one Microsoft Account. I would like to sync all of the desktops and pictures to my one OneDrive account, but keep them all separate. How do I use OneDrive on multiple devices? Thanks in advance!
OneDrive, a widely-used cloud drive service in the market, owes thousands of users all over the world. You might perform OneDrive sync from PC to cloud before. But once you are using more than one computer in daily life and work, you need to make Onedrive sync multiple computers then. For this, we have prepared 3 useful methods for OneDrive sync two computers or more devices.
To sync two computers with OneDrive or sync more devices to OneDrive, you can refer to the guidelines of 3 methods below.
Basically, you can upload your data on multiple computers to OneDrive manually. If you want to sync then to different OneDrive folders, please choose different folders as the sync destination for your different devices.
Just go to the OneDrive website, and click on Files > Upload to choose Files or Folder. Then choose your computer data to sync to OneDrive, and repeat this action on different devices.
If you want to let OneDrive sync desktop on multiple computers, using the OneDrive desktop application may be the first choice for you. You can download and install it on your multiple computers, then log into your OneDrive account on different computers to sync desktop to OneDrive.
1. Run the OneDrive client. Enter your email address here to log into your account.
2. It will tell you where your OneDrive folder is. You can also Change location of your OneDrive folder. Click Next to continue.
3. Then, you have a OneDrive folder on your computer. Directly drag and drop your computer data into it.
Repeat the operations on your multiple computers, then your computers will be synced to the same OneDrive cloud.
If you want to sync multiple computers to different folders in OneDrive, please create different folders in OneDrive first. Then choose your computer data to move to different folders in OneDrive manually.
Since it requires you to perform OneDrive sync on multiple computers manually every time, you may need an easier method to help you sync multiple computers automatically. For this, a free cloud backup service can help you without manual operation every time.
Let’s see what outstanding advantages CBackup has:
Now, let’s see how to let OneDrive sync multiple computers and make it perform automatically after configuration.
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop application on your computers first. Sign up for a new CBackup account and open the desktop client to log in.
2. Under the My Storage tab, and click on OneDrive > Authorize Now. Follow the instructions to let CBackup access your OneDrive account safely.
3. Choose the Sync tab, and click on Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose your computer data as the sync source. Then choose a folder in the OneDrive account as the sync destination.
5. Click Settings on the left bottom. Enable the Scheduler feature to make the OneDrive sync task perform automatically and regularly in the future.
6. After the above, click Start Sync to sync data to OneDrive automatically.
Finish the actions above on your multiple computers, then CBackup will sync your computers to OneDrive automatically with the frequency you choose.
If you want to sync OneDrive files to multiple computers, in addition to configure when set up the OneDrive desktop client, you can also use the selective sync to do it:
1. Right-click on the OneDrive icon in taskbar. Then go to Help & Settings > Settings > Account. Press Choose folders here.
2. Choose OneDrive files to sync to your computer. Then click OK. If you want to sync them to multiple computers, please repeat the actions on your different computers.
Now, you have learned how to make OneDrive sync multiple computers. You can choose the official OneDrive desktop app, or an easier free tool called CBackup to do it. With such a professional cloud service, you can transfer files between multiple computers directly and quickly.