Quickly Fixed OneDrive Online Not Showing Files in 5 Ways
On this page, you will know 5 fixes to the OneDrive online not showing files error. Try them to solve the OneDrive issue you met after reading.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
OneDrive is a widely-used cloud drive service provided by Microsoft. You may use it to collaborate with Office tools in daily work and life. But there are some OneDrive errors you may meet like OneDrive not running, OneDrive isn’t connected, and more. Recently, many user cases say that OneDrive online not showing files on computer.
To fix such a OneDrive issue, you need to figure out why you can’t see your OneDrive files online. There are some common causes of such an error:
No matter what causes your OneDrive files not showing online, you can find a solution to it in the following contents. Read on to get further information.
If you have know the cause of OneDrive online not showing files, you can choose the suitable method among the following 5 solutions. If you do not exactly confirm it, please try them one by one until you find your OneDrive missing files.
First, once you meet a OneDrive error, there might be some bugs in your OneDrive client. What you can do is to restart it on your computer.
1. Before you restart OneDrive, please go to right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar. Then click on the gear icon > Quit OneDrive.
2. After turning off OneDrive completely, please restart it.
If restarting OneDrive cannot fix the issue you met, you can consider resetting the OneDrive app on your computer. In this way, you can also solve some other OneDrive errors like OneDrive isn’t connected.
1. Press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
2. Input %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset in the blank. Then press OK.
3. After that, wait for the guides to appear and set up your OneDrive properly again.
Sometimes, your OneDrive application is out of data, leading to some OneDrive errors. Thus, you can check if your OneDrive is the latest version. If not, please go to update OneDrive to the latest version on your computer.
Your OneDrive files not showing online probably because OneDrive did not sync your files successfully. If you have installed antivirus software on your computer, your OneDrive sync may be blocked by it. For this, you can go to turn off antivirus software and firewall temporarily.
1. Go to Windows Settings. Click on Update and Security > Windows Security > Virus and Threat Protection > Manage Settings.
2. On this page, please turn off the switch under Real-time protection.
Once you find OneDrive online not showing files, you need to ensure your files have been synced by OneDrive. If OneDrive did not sync your files completely, you can check if you have enabled the Auto Save feature in OneDrive Settings.
In addition to fixing such a OneDrive error, you might need to find your lost OneDrive files quickly. Here we prepare 3 ways for you to get your OneDrive files back effectively.
If you find that OneDrive files not showing on browser or on desktop, you can go to the OneDrive website to search for your files. Follow the easy steps here:
1. Open a browser and head to the OneDrive website.
2. Input the filename in the Search everything blank on the top.
When you cannot find your OneDrive files online, you can check if they were deleted by accident. To find deleted files in OneDrive, just go to the Recycle bin section. If your files exist, tick them to click on the Restore icon on the top taskbar.
If you still cannot find your missing OneDrive files online, you can consider contacting OneDrive support team to ask for help. Please tell them the filename, and the device that you last used to access them. And allow OneDrive support team to search your file history.
Since OneDrive files not showing online possibly because OneDrive did not sync your files successfully, here we recommend you a easy-to-use cloud service - CBackup, which can sync your files to OneDrive effectively and quickly.
Compared with traditional sync methods, syncing files with CBackup brings you some convenience.
Let’s see how to sync files to OneDrive in a safe way.
1. First, download and install the CBackup desktop client on your computers. Sign up for a new CBackup account and then launch the app to log in.
2. Select the My Storage tab, and click on OneDrive > Authorize Now. Let CBackup access your OneDrive account safely.
3. Choose Sync > Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose any files from your computer as the sync source. Then choose a folder in the OneDrive account as the sync destination.
5. After the above, click Start Sync to sync data to OneDrive automatically.
CBackup provides many other valuable features. You can try them for free.
● Combine two or more cloud drives for free: After merging different cloud drives together, you can increase OneDrive storage for free.
● Backup files to cloud entirely or selectively: CBackup provides a professional backup feature to help you backup files to OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox entirely or selectively.
● 10GB free cloud storage: Each CBackup account will get 10GB of free cloud storage in CBackup Cloud.
5 solutions to OneDrive online not showing files have been introduced in detail on this page. You can try them to solve such a OneDrive error. And 3 tips to find your OneDrive missing files are also listed in the post. If you find that your OneDrive cannot sync files smoothly, you can consider using a professional cloud backup service called CBackup directly.