How to Set Up Windows 10 Registry Backup without Effort
If you are searching for a way to do Windows 10 Registry backup, maybe this article will help you with some simple guidelines here.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
To reduce the entire disk footprint size of the Windows operating system, Windows no longer backs up Registry to the RegBackup folder automatically since Windows 10 version 1803. If you go to the \Windows\System32\config\RegBackup folder in Windows Explorer, you can see the registry hive, but they are all 0 KB in size.
Thus, if you want to create a Windows 10 Registry backup, you need to use the traditional backup method or try a tool for Windows 10 backup Registry. For each of these ways, we give clear steps in detail in this post.
There are many important files and settings in Windows 10 Registry. Creating a backup for it can be very significant for users. Since Windows 10 no longer help you back up Registry automatically, we provide 2 methods for you to set up a backup of Registry Windows 10 easily.
You can use the traditional backup method - exporting Registry manually. This method is not complicated, but if you have many files that need to be backed up, it may take you much time. Here are detailed steps for it:
1. Click on the Menu icon to search for regedit and open it.
2. Then, click on File on the top, and select the Export option.
3. Windows will ask you for a Windows 10 registry backup location. Select your backup destination, and type in a Filename. Finally, click on the Save button.
Since backing up Registry manually can be very time-consuming, we provide you with another way to backup Registry automatically - using professional cloud backup software like CBackup. Cloud backup can protect your important files on clouds and will not take up local storage space.
CBackup provides a powerful PC to cloud backup feature, which allows you to back up all kinds of files from PC to clouds for free. CBackup supports many mainstream cloud drives, such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox. Besides, there is no limitation on backup speed so your backup speed only depends on your network connection.
What’s more, CBackup also offers some useful features including scheduled backup, file filter, email notification. With the help of the scheduled backup feature, you can set up regular backups automatically.
Let’s see how to backup Registry Windows 10 automatically with CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop app. Sign up for a new CBackup account, then launch the client and log into it.
2. Select the My Storage tab, then press the Add Clouds button. If you want to backup Registry to Google Drive. Select Google Drive > Add, please follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to your Google Drive account.
3. Click the Backup tab and click the Backup PC to Public Cloud button to create a new backup task for Windows Registry.
4. You can change Task Name according to your need, and add files in your Windows Registry. Select the Google Drive account you just added and click OK. After the above, click the Start Backup button to start the backup task of Windows Registry.
►Note: You can go to the Settings to set up Scheduler, which will help your backup tasks perform regularly and automatically, saving much time and effort for you.
You may want to know if there is a way for Registry backup restore as well. For this, we will introduce two different solutions for you.
Likewise, you can restore Registry manually on your computer. And here are the traditional steps:
1. Double-click on your .reg file.
2. Click Yes to confirm your decision.
3. Or you can right-click the file to select Merge.
4. Restart your computer.
If you try using CBackup to set up Windows 10 registry backup and restore, you will be able to restore Registry without effort with it. Just use cloud backup and restore solution with CBackup:
1. In the Tasks tab, click on the three-dot icon to select the Restore option.
2. Select the files you want to restore, and uou can choose to Restore to original location or Restore to other location.
3. After the above, click the Start Restore button.
After reading this article, we believe you have found the best way to set up Windows 10 Registry backup. If you are tired of manual backup, maybe CBackup is a nice choice. It can help you create auto backups and get 1TB cloud storage for free. Why not have a try?