When you want to upload your files to Google Drive, usually you will be told that there are two ways. What are 2 ways you can upload files to Google Drive? To upload documents to Google Drive, Google Drive provides its website or its desktop app.
Both of these methods require you to perform manual operations to upload your files. And do you want to know how to upload documents on Google Drive in an easier and faster way? The answer is in the following part, which will help you to move files from computer to Google Drive without effort.
How to upload documents on Google Drive on computer
How to upload files to Google Drive? Here we provide 3 useful methods. You can choose Google Drive official website or desktop application to upload your documents. Or you can consider using an easy tool to help you upload files to Google Drive automatically.
Way 1. Upload documents to Google Drive on website
First, you can upload documents to Google Drive without downloading software because you can do it on Google Drive website. Many types of files are supported like you can upload PDF file to Google Drive, or upload Word files, photos, videos, etc.
1. Navigate to the Google Drive page and sign into your account.
2. Choose the My Drive option on the left menu. Then click Upload files or Upload folder in the pop-up window.
3. Select the documents that you want to upload to Google Drive and choose Upload.
Tip: You can directly drag and drop your documents to the Google Drive website to upload them.
Way 2. Upload documents to Google Drive via desktop app
In addition to the Google Drive website, it also offers a desktop application that can help you to backup files to Google Drive on the desktop directly. After you install the Google Drive app on your PC, a Google Drive folder will be created and you can upload files to Google Drive via it:
1. Download and install the Google Drive desktop app on your computer.
2. Please follow the instructions it gives to set up the desktop app. Then a Google Drive virtual disk will appear on your computer.
3. Then, directly drag your documents to the Google Drive disk.
Way 3. Upload documents to Google Drive with an easy sync tool
If you want to sync documents to Google Drive automatically, here comes your best choice: an easy sync tool - CBackup.
CBackup can help you to create an auto sync file or auto sync folder to Google Drive. In addition, you can also sync PC documents to other cloud drives like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
And CBackup has many shining points and features:
● Backup PC to public cloud: CBackup allows you to backup data from PC to different mainstream cloud drives, including Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive, etc. ● Free cloud storage: CBackup gives each account 10GB of free cloud storage to store data. ● Cloud to cloud sync: To transfer files between different cloud drive accounts, you can try the cloud to cloud sync feature in the CBackup website app for free. Then you can transfer your files between two different cloud drives with just one login directly.
Follow the easy steps below to upload documents to Google Drive via CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop app on your PC. Sign up for an account and run it to log into your account.
2. Click on the Storage tab. Choose Google Drive > Authorize Now. Please follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to your Google Drive.
3. Click on the Sync tab on the left menu, then choose Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose the files on your PC as the sync source. Then choose the folder in the Google Drive account you just added as the sync destination.
5. To make your sync task automated, you can click the Settings button to configure more options for your sync task. Enable the Scheduler feature to make your sync task automated with a specified frequency you choose.
6. After that, press the Start Sync button to upload documents to Google Drive.
How to upload documents on Google Drive on Android
If you often use Google Drive on Android device, you can upload documents on Google Drive on Android directly as well. Here is the easy guideline:
1. Download and install the Google Drive app on your Android device.
2. Run the app and tap the + icon to choose Upload. Then choose your documents to upload directly.
How to upload documents on Google Drive on iPhone
Likewise, you can also upload documents to Google Drive on iPhone in its application. Here is the easy steps:
1. Get the Google Drive app from App Store.
2. Tap the + icon to choose Upload. Then chose your documents to upload to Google Drive.
Bonus tip: Free way to get more Google Drive storage space
After knowing how to send file in Google Drive, here is a free way to get more cloud storage for your documents and other types of data. CBackup allows you to merge unlimited cloud drive accounts to a combined cloud with more cloud storage space. You can merge cloud drive accounts from the same cloud drive or different cloud drives to form a combined cloud with a larger cloud storage space. And here are the easy guideline:
1. Likewise, Click on Storage > + Add Cloud button. Select Google Drive and click on Add. You can add as many accounts as you have.
2. Click on the Storage tab, and press + Add Combined Cloud.
3. Tick the boxes next to the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge, and then click on Next. After determining the order of your cloud drives, choose Combine.
4. After the above, you will have a Combined Cloud in your clouds list. You can select the Combined Cloud as a backup destination while creating a PC cloud backup task to enjoy huge backup space for free.
Wrapping things up
How to upload documents on Google Drive? Many users may choose to use the Google Drive website or desktop app to upload their files to Google Drive. But you can also consider using an easy free cloud sync service like CBackup to upload your files to Google Drive automatically. And you can get more free Google Drive storage space in CBackup for free.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup