Top 2 Free Ways to Do Hourly (Cloud) Backup Easily
In the following text, you will find the best free way to get hourly backup or backup files to cloud every hour, please scroll down to get details.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
How to perform hourly backup in Windows 10
I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. Under Windows 7 had a scheduled weekly image backup. In Windows 10, I have attempted to turn on hourly backups to a secondary disk (D:). The screen shows, naturally, no backups made. When I select the "Backup Now", it says "backing up", but then after a wait, comes back to the "no backups made" screen. Please help, what should i do, Thank you.
- Question from answers.microsoft.com
If you want to create a schedule hourly backup to local hard drive, you could achieve that with File History; If you would like to perform a hourly cloud backup, please try the free cloud backup service - CBackup. We will show you the detailed information in the following part.
File History will help you to create a schedule hourly backup for files if you want to backup files to local location, like local hard drive, external hard drive, etc. By the way, Backup and Restore (Windows 7) can only do daily backup, weekly backup, or monthly backup, no hourly backup. Here are the steps to create a schedule hourly backup with File History.
1. Please input file history in Windows 10 search box, then choose Backup Settings and hit Enter.
2. Click + Add a drive, then choose your local partition to backup, here we choose D drive.
3. Then it will auto turn on the option Automatically back up my files under Back up using File History section. And hit More options.
4. Now you could set up the backup frequency in Back up my files field, choose Every hour (default), and other settings you want to configure.
5. Press Back up now button to create a schedule hourly backup on your hard drive.
However, File History can only backup some of your files, like Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, and Desktop folders, and OneDrive offline files, not everything.
Sometimes, you may want to take another protection for your local files, and want to backup files to cloud every hour, what should you do? Don’t worry, here is a very easy way for you to make it.
CBackup is a professional yet free cloud backup software, which is capable of backing up files to current mainstream cloud drives, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, CBackup Cloud, even the combined cloud. It will backup everything on your hard drive to cloud, like system files, program files, your settings and data files.
Besides, it provides you the useful features while backing up, like schedule backup, email notification, file filter and more to accelerate the backup process and make it convenient for you.
Let’s get started to schedule a hourly cloud backup to Google Drive for example with CBackup:
1. Please download and install CBackup desktop app, then create a new CBackup account and sign in.
2. Click My Storage icon on the left side, then press Add Clouds, and choose Google Drive then hit Add.
3. Select the Backup on the left side, then choose Backup PC to Public Cloud to create a hourly cloud backup task.
4. Rename the Task Name if required, and choose the local computer files to backup, the tick Google Drive as the destination.
5. Hit Settings on the bottom left, then choose Scheduler > tick Set a backup schedule for a automated backup, then choose Daily > Intervals, then specify the start and end time, and the interval time: 1 hour, now press OK.
6. Press the Start Backup button to perform hourly cloud backup automatically.
It’s quite easy to operate hourly backup or hourly cloud backup, right? Hourly backup will backup any changes within an hour from source to the destination to maximum protection of your data security. There are two ways for you to get hourly backup, File History and CBackup. File History can only backup some files on your hard drive, while the hourly backup software - CBackup can backup everything from computer to cloud. Just choose the way that suitable for you.