Ultimate Guide: Hidden Album on Google Photos
This article is an ultimate guide about hidden album on Google Photos. No matter you want to hide or unhide album on Google Photos, you can read this article to learn detailed steps.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Storing Photos on the cloud is a great way to protect your photos and save local storage space. Google Photos is one of the most popular cloud storage for photos because it provides users with unlimited storage as long as you upload your photos and videos in High Quality mode. In addition, it also offers many advanced features like shared albums, automatic creations, and an advanced editing suite.
Nowadays, more and more users choose to back up their photos to Google Photos. After uploading, they can access and manage these photos from any devices. However, there may be some private photos among the uploaded photos that user does not want to display them on the main page of Google Photos. Given this situation, Google is rolling out a new feature that can help users hide photos on Google Photos that they want to save but don't necessarily want others to see.
Called Archive, the feature is now available for both Android and iOS users as well as the desktop version of Google Photos. To hide pictures, you just need to select them and choose Archive to hide them. After archiving, the photos will no longer display on your album or homepage, but they remain in your Google Photos and you can view them in the Archive option.
The biggest reason for hiding photos on Google Photos is that we often have some private photos and videos on Google Photos. To avoid accidentally exposure, we may want to create a hidden album to make photos that visible only to ourselves.
For example, sometimes you need to login to your Google account when your computer or laptop is connected to a projector, or while showing some pictures to your friends directly from a laptop screen. But it could happen that you accidentally bring up some of your personal pictures, leading to definitive embarrassment.
It is also because that some photos on Google Photos can be an embarrassing reminder of the silly selfie you took, text message conversation you screenshotted, or embarrassing picture you sent. Although these photos may make you feel awkward, you still want to keep them in a private album.
The following contents will show you how to hide photos in Google Photos, how to add photos to hidden album, and how to see hidden photos in Google Photos:
1. Log in to your Google Photos account https://www.Google.com/photos/about/ using username and password.
2. On the Home screen, you will see all the images uploaded by you. Now click on “Options” (Three horizontal lines given at the top left).
3. Choose the “Archive” fifth option from the top. This option lets you create a hide album in Google Photos.
4. On the Archive page, click “Add photos” on the top right. Then, select the photos you want to archive. After selection, click “Done” on the top right.
✎Note: Alternatively, on the home page, you can tick the photos you need, and then click the three dots icon on the top right. In the drop-down menu, select “Archive”.
5. Now, your selected photos have been archived, if you want to view the hidden photos in Google Photos you have just hide, you can click “Archive” option (as shown in the picture in step three) to see all of them here. If you want to archive more photos, click "Add Photos" on the top right.
6. If you want to unhide these photos, you can select photos you need, and then click the three dots icon on the top right to select “Unarchive” in the drop-down menu. Then, your photos will be on the home screen of your Google Photos.
You can also create a hidden album on Google Photos app on your mobile devices with the following steps:
1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app.
2. Sign in to your Google Account.
3. Select a photo and then tap “Menu” button (three dots icon on the top left) > “Archive”.
✎Note: The mobile Google Photos app also shows photos that are in folders on the device. You can hide these folders by adding an empty file with file name .nomedia to the folder. The folder will no longer be shown in Google Photos, and probably also other galleries, but can still be see in a file manager.
4. After archiving, you can click “Archive” to view your hidden photos here.
5. To unarchive your photos, select the photos and click the three dots icon on the top right to select “Unarchive” in the drop-down menu.
Google announced that it no longer provides Google Photos Unlimited Storage Service after June 1, 2021. As we all know, the Unlimited Storage Service of Google Photos attracted massive users. If Google ends the service, there must be many users who are seeking an alternative to Google Photos.
If you need an alternative to Google Photos on Windows PCs, you can take CBackup into consideration. It is a professional cloud backup service for Windows PC. It allows you to backup PC files including photos and videos to its CBackup Cloud and keeps your photos far away from your local devices. And any time you need them, you can restore them to an original or new location with CBackup easily.
What's more, it also allows you to backup files to third-party cloud storage including OneDrive, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Furthermore, it also supports cloud-to-cloud backup and cloud-to-cloud sync. If provides uses with so many powerful features, you can download it and have a free trial.
1. Download CBackup and create a new CBackup account, and then sign in to CBackup desktop app.
2. Click "My Storage" on the left side, and click the "+ Add Cloud" button, then choose OneDrive and hit "Add". Then follow the on-screen guide to allow CBackup to access your third-party cloud storage accounts.
3. Select the "Backup Tasks" tab, and then press the "+ New Task" button to backup files to clood.
4. Specify the "Task Name", and click "Add Source" button to choose folders you want to backup.
5. Hit "Add Destination" button to choose "CBackup Cloud" or "Single Cloud" (third-party cloud storage) as the target location.
6. Press "Start Backup" button to backup files to cloud with CBackup.
✎Note: You can tap "Settings" at the bottom of the window before starting back up, you can tick the "Enable schedule backup" option, set up the "File Filter" or specify the time you want to backup files to cloud with "Scheduled Backup", and click "OK".
That’s all about the hidden album on Google, if you don't know to hide photos on Google Photos, you can follow the steps above to achieve it. Hiding private photos on Google Photos is a good way to protect your privacy and help you avoid embarrassing situations caused by unexpected photo sharing.
If you don't want to use Google Photos after Google ending the unlimited storage service, you can turn to other cloud backup solution. If you want to keep a backup version of your important photos, CBackup is a great choice, you can try it to protect your photos first.