How to Backup and Sync Your Photos to Google Drive?
If you are seeking ways to backup and sync photos to Google Drive, you can read this article to find 3 ways to achieve it. Please keep reading to learn the detailed steps.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Get Started
As one of the most popular cloud storage around the world, Google Drive offers you much convenience, especially the ability to seamlessly backup and sync your photos to your Google account. Backing up photos to Google Drive is an easy way to prevent you from losing important photos in the future due to damage to your hard drive or device.
Meanwhile, these backed up photos on Google Drive can be accessed and downloaded through the web, the desktop app or the mobile app, and you also get the ability to access your photo library from multiple devices simultaneously which makes it easier for people that own different devices.
What’s more, Google Drive provides free storage of 15GB for each registrant, which is a very generous amount compared with other cloud drives. And if the free 15GB cannot fit your requirement, you can upgrade for more cloud storage with an affordable price. Hence, saving your photos to Google Drive is an easy way of backing up your photos and accessing them from various devices without the need for a physical storage device.
Google Drive is a platform to store and sync content across various devices. Google Drive and it has a web version, and its mobile applications can be downloaded on Android and iOS devices. However, the web version and mobile app of Google Drive only allows you to upload files manually. If you want to backup and sync photos to Google Drive automatically, you can rely on some backup and sync tools offered by Google.
In order to facilitate users, Google provides different tools for users to backup and sync photos or other files on different devices. If you’re a heavy Google user, you’re probably already aware of Google’s backup and sync tools like Google Backup and Sync and Google Photos app. If you are unfamiliar with these tools and don’t know how to use them, you can refer to the contents below.
In 2017, Google retired the original Drive app for Windows and Mac computers and replaced it with a brand new app known as Backup and Sync. The tool offered the functionality to add images and videos to Google Photos too. Essentially, this new tool will allow you to sync your files to Google Drive cloud storage and vice versa.
1. On your computer, download and install Backup and Sync and sign in to the Google Account.
2. Select to back up only photos or videos, or all files. And then select any photos folders that you want to backup and sync.
3. Under "Photo and video upload size", select the photo and video upload size you’d prefer: High-quality (unlimited storage) or Original (15GB storage). Then, click "Start".
Google Photos is a cloud service offered by Google to store all your photos and videos that worked in automatic sync with Google Drive. Therefore, backup and sync your photos with Google Photos app and then sync or share them to Google Drive directly is also a way to backup and sync photos to Google Drive.
1. Open Google Photos app and select the three-line menu icon.
2. Tap “Settings” > “Backup and sync” and then set the "Backup and Sync" toggle to the "on" position.
Although Google Drive offers 15GB of free storage, it is not enough for some users, and the space will be run out in a very short time. If you are not ready to pay for an advanced plan with larger cloud storage, you can use a multiple cloud storage manager like CBackup to add and merge Google Drive accounts. In this way, you can combine your Google Drive cloud storage into one and take full use of all your free cloud storage.
CBackup is a professional cloud backup service with a clean interface and user-friendly design so that you can easily figure it out even for the first time. And besides cloud combining function, it also supports cloud to cloud transfer with flexible transfer settings like automatic backup and File filter.
Let's see how to use CBackup to expand your free space available:
1. Download CBackup, create a CBackup account and log in.
2. Click "My Storage" on the left side, and click "+ Add Cloud" button, then choose "Google Drive" and hit "Add". Then follow the on-screen guide to allow CBackup to access your cloud storage.
3. After adding, all your Google Drive accounts are listed here. Click the "My Storage +" button, you will see a "New Combined Cloud" option in the menu. Click it.
4. Tick the box next to the cloud storage account that you want to combine. After checking, click on "Next".
5. Then, you will have a "Combined Cloud" in your clouds list. You can choose the "Combined Cloud" as backup destination to enjoy huge backup space.
That’s how to backup and sync photos to Google Drive, no matter you are using Windows PC, Mac, or mobile devices, you can choose the suitable tools provided by Google to backup and sync your photos to Google Drive automatically. And if you want to upload photos in original size and the Google Drive storage is not enough for you, you can merge multiple Google Drive to get more free cloud storage with CBackup.