Clear Guide: How to Perform Dropbox Transfer to Move Files
In this article, you will know how to create a Dropbox Transfer and how to transfer Dropbox files in some other valuable ways.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Dropbox has provided great personal cloud storage and business cloud storage services for many years. You can upload files to Dropbox to protect data safety and share files conveniently, which brings many advantages to collaboration.
Dropbox Transfer is a core function in Dropbox, which can help you send files to others or between different accounts. If you have the requirement to move files in your Dropbox account, this post will be helpful to you.
With Dropbox Transfer, you can send any file to others by sending a link. To access and download such a transferred file, the recipient is not asked to own a Dropbox account.
However, there is a file size limitation in Dropbox Transfer depending on your subscription plan:
After knowing the maximum of your transfer limitation, let’s discuss how to send files through Dropbox Transfer.
1. Go to the Dropbox official website, and log into your account properly.
2. Tick the files that you want to transfer. Then choose Share all selected > Send a copy.
3. Confirm the transferred files, then click on Create transfer.
4. You can select Send email or Copy link to transfer your Dropbox files then.
In addition to Dropbox Transfer, there are some other effective ways to perform Dropbox file transfer. Here we will introduce you one by one. With them, you can transfer files between Dropbox accounts or to other cloud drive accounts.
Basically, you can choose a manual method to transfer Dropbox files: downloading and uploading files. This solution is suitable for you if you do not have large files and folders to move.
1. On the Dropbox web page, locate the file you want to transfer. Click on the three-dot icon next to it, and select Download.
2. To transfer the Dropbox file to another account, just log into another account. Then upload your files from local manually.
As you know, Dropbox also provides business cloud drive services. If you want to merge personal and business Dropbox accounts by transferring files between them, you can link your personal and business accounts directly. Here is the easy guideline:
1. On one of your Dropbox accounts web page, click on the avatar on the top right. Choose Settings then.
2. Click on Link Account under the General tab. After adding another Dropbox account, you can transfer Dropbox files by dragging and dropping them directly.
If you have many large files to transfer, the process will cost a lot of time. Thus, you can consider using a shared folder with your colleagues or friends to send large files via Dropbox with convenience. Then you can put files or folders in this shared folder so that you and your partner can access them.
1. On your Dropbox account web page, go to the Shared section to Create shared folder.
2. Next, you can share any file or folder with another Dropbox account. Add it as the recipient.
In addition to sending files via Dropbox, we highly recommend a free cloud backup service - CBackup to you.
In CBackup, you can transfer files between Dropbox accounts on one interface directly. What’s more, CBackup supports to transfer files between Dropbox and other cloud drive accounts without downloading and uploading manually.
Many mainstream cloud drive accounts can be added to CBackup. Thus, you can transfer Dropbox to Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
Now, let’s see how to transfer Dropbox files between different accounts directly.
1. Go to the CBackup website. Sign up for a CBackup account and log into it.
2 Press the My Storage tab, and click on the + Add Cloud button to add your Dropbox accounts to CBackup.
3. Next, go to the Sync Tasks section, and click on the New Task button to create a cloud sync task for Dropbox file transfer.
4. Then, press the Add Source button to choose files from your Dropbox account, and press the Add Destination button to select a folder in the target cloud drive account.
5. After the above, select the Start Sync button to start the Dropbox transfer task.
In this post, we have introduced detailed operation steps to use Dropbox Transfer. At the same time, other 4 effective ways to transfer Dropbox files are also listed in detail. Among all the methods, you can try the free cloud service CBackup, which can help you run multiple Dropbox accounts on one computer directly.