Guide: Perform Dropbox Photo Sync in Top 5 Ways Easily
This guide is about how to perform Dropbox photo sync in an easy way. For this, we prepared 5 top methods for you.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Nowadays, you create more and more photos to record life and work on your computer or phone. To share photos more conveniently, or for other reasons, you may want to upload your photos to cloud. Among all free cloud storage services, is Dropbox a good place to store photos? Yes, Dropbox provides many professional cloud storage features for you.
Since you have lots of photos on your device, you want to know if your photos can automatically go to Dropbox. Yes, your photos can automatically go to Dropbox. For this, we have prepared different ways to perform automated Dropbox photo sync and another manual method on this page.
Whether you want to sync photo to Dropbox on computer or phone, there is a suitable method for you. Please read on to learn how to create Dropbox manual sync or Dropbox schedule sync with ease.
If you are using computer to sync photos to Dropbox, there are different methods including manual ways and automatic ways. You can choose one according to your need.
Generally, you will have lots of photos to sync to Dropbox. So we highly recommend you a professional cloud sync tool called CBackup, which can help you to perform Dropbox photo sync task automatically.
CBackup is a free cloud service, providing comprehensive backup and sync features. With it, you can sync all kinds of data to Dropbox like photos, videos, documents, hard drives, and even sync computer to Dropbox.
In addition to Dropbox, many mainstream cloud drives are also supported in CBackup including Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
Now, let’s see how to sync photos to Dropbox automatically via CBackup. First, please download and install the CBackup desktop client on your computer.
1. Sign up for a new CBackup account and open the client to log into your account.
2. Click on My Storage. Select Dropbox and choose Authorize Now to let CBackup access your Dropbox successfully.
3. Next, click on Sync > Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Click on Settings at the left bottom. On this page, enable the Scheduler feature to make your Dropbox sync task automatic and you have 4 time modes to choose.
5. Choose your photos as the sync source. Choose a folder in your Dropbox account as the sync destination. Finally, press the Start Sync button to perform Dropbox photo sync task at once.
In addition to the automatic method, there are 3 manual ways to sync photos to Dropbox. If you want to perform Dropbox photos sync manually, here come some useful solutions.
There is a simple manual way to sync photos to Dropbox. You just need to download and install the official Dropbox desktop app on your computer in advance. Then you can follow the easy steps to sync photos to Dropbox:
1. Make sure that you have signed into your account in the Dropbox desktop client.
2. Then you can locate the folder that contains your photos on computer and right-click on it. Choose the Move to Dropbox option in the pop-up menu. Then, your photos in this folder will be synced to Dropbox manually.
You can consider using an easy way to sync photo to Dropbox - do it on Dropbox official website. There is a file size limit of 20GB for your syncing on website.
1. Navigate to the Dropbox website, and log into your Dropbox account.
2. On the Home page, you can choose Upload files or Upload folder to sync your photos to Dropbox manually.
Once you set up the Dropbox official desktop client on your computer, you will have a Dropbox folder then. To sync photo to Dropbox, you just need to drag and drop photos into this folder directly.
In daily life, you take photos on phone most time. So you also need a way to perform Dropbox sync photos from phone. For this, you can enable the Camera Upload feature in Dropbox. Once you enable such a feature and accept a prompt, the task to sync phone photos to Dropbox will perform automatically when your phone is connected to computer.
If you do not want to connect phone to computer every time you would like to sync photos to Dropbox, you can enable Camera Uploads on your phone.
1. Open the Dropbox app on your phone, and go to Menu > Settings.
2. Under Features, turn on Camera Uploads here to sync Android photos to Dropbox.
Can Dropbox sync with iPhone photos? Run the Dropbox app on your iPhone. Go to Settings > Camera Uploads, and tap the slide button next to enable Camera Uploads here to sync iPhone photos to Dropbox.
Sometimes, you want to share photo with other Dropbox users, or users from other cloud drive platforms but it is complex. Don’t worry, there is a free feature called cloud to cloud sync in CBackup, which can help you share photos and other types of data between any two cloud drive accounts directly.
Here we take Dropbox and Google Drive as an example. Let’s use CBackup to move files from Dropbox to Google Drive without any effort:
1. Go to the CBackup website and log into your CBackup account. Click on My Storage and then press the + icon to add your Dropbox and Google Drive accounts.
2. Click on the Sync Tasks tab, then, click the New Task button to create a sync task.
3. Click the Add Source button to add photos in Dropbox as the sync source. Similarly, click the Add Destination button to add Google Drive as the sync destination. After that, click on Start Sync to sync photos from Dropbox to Google Drive immediately.
Now, you have learned how to perform Dropbox photo sync both on computer and phone. There are different methods in this tutorial. If you want an automatic and easy one, please try the free cloud service CBackup. In addition to Dropbox, other mainstream cloud drives are also supported in CBackup, and you could perform PC to cloud backup easily.