How to Enable Dropbox LAN Sync and Sync Your Files Easily
On this page, we will introduce Dropbox LAN sync and how to perform a Dropbox sync task in detail.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Dropbox has attracted massive users around the world, providing free cloud storage and professional sync features. You can take advantage of Dropbox on all types of devices like PC, Android, iPhone, iPad, and more. Then you can access your data on different devices via Dropbox with ease.
When you sync files to Dropbox, the task will chew up bandwidth a lot. For this, there is a LAN sync feature in Dropbox. What is Dropbox LAN sync?
A LAN is a wireless or Ethernet connection between computers or other types of devices in a specific location. The LAN sync feature will tell your Dropbox to use your LAN to sync files that are stored on your LAN, which can make your sync faster.
If you are using the Dropbox desktop client on your computer and want to speed up Dropbox sync tasks with Dropbox LAN sync, how to let Dropbox enable LAN sync effectively? In this part, you can follow the stepwise guideline here to enable LAN sync in Dropbox:
1. Launch the Dropbox desktop client on your computer.
2. Right-click on the Dropbox icon in the taskbar, and choose the gear icon. Then select the Preferences option.
3. On the Dropbox Preferences page, go to the Bandwidth tab. Here, you can configure Dropbox bandwidth settings and enable the Dropbox LAN sync feature. After ticking the box under LAN sync, click on the OK button at the bottom.
If you are want to speed up sync tasks in Dropbox by turning on the Dropbox LAN sync feature, we highly recommend you a quick way to perform Dropbox sync tasks with ease - using a free cloud backup service named CBackup.
CBackup is a comprehensive cloud service for both backup and sync. One of the most shining advantages of CBackup is that there is no limitation on transfer speed in backup and sync tasks. Thus, you can even sync computer to Dropbox via CBackup at a high speed.
When you try CBackup, you will get to know some shining points of it:
Next, here we will show you how to create a sync task from your computer to Dropbox via CBackup without transfer speed limit. The sync speed depends on your network connection.
1. First, please download and set up the CBackup desktop client from its official web page. Sign up for a new CBackup account and log into it on the desktop client.
2. Click on Storage on the left panel, then click on Dropbox > Authorize Now. Do not worry about data and account security, and let CBackup access your Dropbox account safely.
3. Then, click on Sync > Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose any data from your computer as the sync source. Then choose a folder in Dropbox account as the sync destination.
Finally, click on the Start Sync button to sync to Dropbox at a high speed.
As you know, Dropbox only provides 2GB of free cloud storage for each account, which is always insufficient for you. In addition to paying for an advanced plan, you can get more Dropbox free storage in CBackup.
There is a free feature called combine cloud storage in CBackup. With it, you can merge multiple free cloud drive accounts to sum up their cloud storage space. Your source cloud drive accounts can come from the same cloud drive or different cloud drives.
You can refer to the easy tutorial to combine cloud drive accounts via CBackup.
1. In the CBackup desktop client, add your Dropbox accounts to CBackup likewise. And you can choose cloud drive accounts from other platforms to add to CBackup as well.
2. On the Storage page, click on the + Add Combined Cloud icon on the top.
3. Select your cloud drive accounts that you want to merge together. Then press Next. You can determine the order of these cloud drive accounts, then click on Combine.
After the above, you will have a combined cloud in CBackup. To enjoy larger cloud storage, you can click on Backup > Backup PC to Combined Cloud to perform backup tasks directly.
On this page, you have known how to enable Dropbox LAN sync to speed up your sync tasks in Dropbox. If you want to sync your files to Dropbox quickly and easily, you can try the free cloud service CBackup. You can even get more cloud storage space in it for free.