Most users should be very familiar with Dropbox because it is one of the oldest and most popular cloud services around the world. It seamlessly fits Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, allowing you to be backup files to Dropbox and synchronized across multiple computers. Meanwhile, it offers each user 2 GB storage space and has several rate plans that you can choose from, even the free plan will allow you to carry out synchronization processes.
Can Dropbox automatically sync folders?
“There are some folders on my computer that I want to sync to cloud so that I can keep a copy of my local data in the cloud. I plan to use Dropbox, however, I don't know how to achieve that. Is there a method to automatically sync folders to Dropbox?”
Of course you can sync local folder to Dropbox. Dropbox offers different upload and sync apps for different devices that you can use to sync your files or folders. If you are a PC user, the PC client of Dropbox can help you. When you install the Dropbox application on your computer, it creates a special folder for file syncing. All files or folder that you put into this folder will be sent to the cloud server of Dropbox automatically.
How do I automatically sync local folder to Dropbox?
There are two ways that can help you automatically sync local folders to Dropbox with easy, you can choose one way that suit your best to follow. The first way is to use the Dropbox official desktop app and the second way is to use a third-party tool. However, both tools are free, so you can choose one according to your needs.
Way 1. Use Dropbox folder to sync local folder with Dropbox
As mentioned above, Dropbox offers a desktop app to help users sync local folder with Dropbox. Therefore, you can download this tool from the Dropbox website and set up it to sync your folders automatically with the following steps:
1. Go to the website of Dropbox and create a Dropbox account.
2. Download and install the desktop application. The installer will automatically generate a folder called "Dropbox" on your computer.
3. To sync local folder with Dropbox cloud, you must put the folders into the Dropbox folder.
✎Note: It is recommended to cut and paste the folders instead of copying them as this will save space on your computer and avoid making mistakes when editing files.
Way 2. An Automatic Way to Sync Local Folder with Dropbox
Besides the official desktop app that provided by Dropbox, you can also rely on the free cloud backup service - CBackup, which allows you to automatically sync local folders to Dropbox. It supports mainstream clouds, like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. Besides, there is no file size limitation while syncing or backing up.
1. Please download the CBackup desktop app, install and launch it. then sign up for a free account and log in.
2. Click the Storage icon on the left side, then choose Dropbox and hit Authorize Now. Then complete the authority to CBackup.
3. Click Sync > Sync PC to Public Cloud subsequently.
4. Select the local folders in the Source tab, and choose a Dropbox folder as the sync destination. Hit Settings > Scheduler and then choose an interval to sync files to Dropbox.
Tips: You can click Settings to use the File Filter feature and Email Notification feature. The former can help you filter unwanted files, and the latter can set reminders of sync results.
5. Press the Start Sync to sync local folder to Dropbox automatically.
Get More Dropbox Free Cloud Space
However, there are chances that you might meet the Dropbox is not syncing problem due to the limited Dropbox free space, 2GB, and what if you want to store more files on Dropbox and don't want to upgrade Dropbox account right now, here comes the CBackup, which allows you to increase Dropbox cloud storage space by combining two or more Dropbox accounts, even different clouds.
Here you could get more Dropbox free space with CBackup Add Combined Cloud feature:
1. Please add enough Dropbox accounts or other clouds to CBackup according to the above step under Storage.
2. Click + Add Combined Cloud in the Storage tab.
3. Tick all Dropbox accounts or other clouds, and press Next, then choose backup order for these clouds, then hit Combine.
Besides, you could enjoy the following useful functions while protecting your data:
Offers 10GB free CBackup Cloud storage, which allows you to uprade to get more cloud space, like 1TB or 5TB at a good price.
Backup files to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and more, as well as the CBackup Cloud, and the combined cloud.
Perform cloud to cloud backup, which permits you to backup one cloud to another easily with one click, so that you could backup Dropbox to OneDrive, Google Drive, or vice versa.
The contents above have shown how to sync folder to Dropbox with ease and you can follow the detailed steps. If you meet any problem when using Dropbox to sync your local folder, you can use a Dropbox alternative like CBackup to protect your PC files in an easier way. If you need more Dropbox cloud storage for free, just try CBackup to make it true.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup