Best 4 Direct Cloud Backup Methods: Choose One here
On this page, you will see the 4 best direct cloud backup solutions and how-to guides. You can choose the best one after looking through this post.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
“Hello, I'd like to get direct backup to Google Drive or other cloud services (is there anything for free?). How can I do that?”
Is cloud backup necessary? Of course yes. With the increasing importance of data security, cloud backup has become one of the mainstream backup methods. To facilitate work and life, many companies or individuals want a direct cloud backup solution and wanna know how to backup to the cloud easily.
Direct cloud backup means moving files and data directly from your endpoint, such as a laptop, PC, or workstation, to the cloud to create a secure backup of your files and data on the cloud.
For this, we prepared 4 best direct to cloud backup solutions here. You can choose according to your needs after reading.
The following 4 methods are all nice cloud backup options and they can all help you with direct cloud backup. But our top pick is CBackup as it can help you with backups to all mainstream cloud drives.
As a famous cloud service provided by Microsoft, OneDrive built in Windows 10/11 systems. You can set up backup to OneDrive cloud directly following the steps below:
1. If you do not have a Microsoft account, please sign up for a OneDrive account first. Then, navigate to the Settings on your PC, and choose System > Storage > backup options.
2. Click on Sign in to OneDrive under Back up files to OneDrive. Log into your credential and configure the setup.
3. After the above, you can upload your files to the OneDrive folder and it will backup files to OneDrive.
Google Drive is another famous cloud service on the market and it provides 15GB of free cloud backup space for each account. And it can integrate with many other Google apps like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Photos, etc. But the 15GB free space is shared with these applications as well. You can backup to Google Cloud with the steps below:
1. First, download and install Drive for desktop on your PC.
2. In Google Drive Preferences, go to My Computer and click on Add folder to choose your files to backup.
3. Choose Sync with Google Drive and Done in the next pop-up window. After that, click on Save to backup files to Google Drive directly.
Dropbox also can provide direct cloud backup service for you. It has a nice file sharing feature that can help you to share your files with anyone. But you can only get 2GB of free cloud storage space for backup. If you wanna backup file to Dropbox, you can refer to the guideline below:
1. Download and install the Dropbox app on your PC first.
2. Sign in to your Dropbox account.
2. Then, a Dropbox folder will be created on your PC. You can do direct cloud backup to Dropbox by dragging and dropping files into the folder.
Here comes the last one but we recommend highly - CBackup, a free professional cloud backup tool. Once you create a new CBackup account, you will get 10GB of free cloud backup space and CBackup Cloud to be your cloud backup destination.
Compared with other cloud backup solutions, CBackup has many great free features like:
To create direct cloud backup to CBackup Cloud, you can follow the easy guide below:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop app on your PC. Sign up for a new CBackup account and run the client to log into your account.
2. Click on the Backup tab > Backup PC to CBackup Cloud to create a new direct cloud backup task.
3. Then you can choose data and files from your PC under the Source section. After that, click on the Start Backup button to begin to the direct cloud backup easily.
The mainstream cloud backup software introduced in this article all gives away free cloud storage space. But it is probably not enough for you. If you want to get more free cloud backup space, you can create direct cloud backup to the combined cloud space. This is something that CBackup can meet your needs:
1. In CBackup, click on the My Storage > + Add Clouds button.
2. For example, select Google Drive and click on Add. You can add as many cloud drive accounts as you have.
3. Then click on the My Storage tab, and choose + Add Combined Cloud.
4. Tick the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge, and click on Next > Combine.
5. Next, you will have a Combined Cloud in your cloud list. You can select the Combined Cloud as a backup destination while creating direct cloud backup task to enjoy huge backup space then.
Hope this post is helpful for you to choose a suitable direct cloud backup solution. If you have no idea about what cloud you wanna choose to backup to cloud directly, you can try CBackup directly. It provides large cloud backup space and great backup features for free. You can try it with the easy guideline in the article.