Easy Guide to Backup Windows 11 to Google Drive
On this page, you can learn the reasons and methods for backup Windows 11 to Google Drive. You can continue reading to find something useful for yourself.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Windows 11 is officially released on 5 October 2021 and packed many new improvements. Compared with Windows 10, Windows 11 brings the new UI and Android app support. There is an increasing number of users who choose to update to Windows 11. However, Windows 11 is not stable yet so users may encounter all kinds of issues like Windows 11 update deleted files, Windows 11 go back button not working, which may lead to data loss.
As one of the most popular cloud drives, Google Drive provides powerful backup features and an easy-to-use interface for users. Thus, backing up files to Google Drive is a nice choice. You can back up Windows 11 to Google Drive to protect your data in the operating system.
If you are not sure to choose Google Drive as your backup destination, you can know some advantages of backup files to Google Drive.
♦ Google Drive provides 15GB of free cloud storage for each account. It is larger than the free cloud storage that other cloud drives provide.
♦ The file-sharing feature of Google Drive is very powerful. You can share files with others easily.
♦ Data in Google Drive is protected from natural disasters, system crashes, and other equipment errors.
♦ You can access your Windows data everywhere at any time. Once you back up data to Google Drive, your data is available without platform limitation.
After knowing the benefits of backup Windows to Google Drive, you may want to know how to back up Windows 11 to Google Drive. Don’t worry, we will introduce the top 3 Windows 11 backup solutions here. If you want to set up backup Windows 11 automatically and safely, you can jump to the third method directly.
First, you can use the Google Drive website with a clear interface and great design. It is easy to understand and use features of Google Drive on it. Just follow these steps to use Google Drive to backup Windows 11:
1. Log into your Google account on the Google Drive website.
2. Select My Drive on the left menu, then click the Upload files or Upload folder option.
3. Next, you can choose your files and folders in Windows 11. After that, click Open to backup Windows 11 files to Google Drive.
Google also offers both Windows and macOS users a desktop program called Drive for desktop to run Google Drive. With the help of it, you can sync your files from local to Google Drive on Windows 11. Here are the steps to install and use it:
1. Download and install the Drive for desktop application on your PC.
2. Sign in to your Google Account.
3. In the My Computer tab, you can select Add folder to choose the folder you need to sync, then check Sync with Google Drive. After configuring, click Done.
4. Next, click the Save button to backup Windows 11 files to Google Drive.
However, there are many users of the Google Drive desktop application who have encountered various problems with it, such as "can’t launch drive for desktop". If you have encountered similar problems or find it performing slowly, you can use some free alternatives such as CBackup, which can also help you back up Windows 11 to Google Drive.
Now, let’s see how to set up Windows 11 file backup to Google Drive via CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop app. Sign up for a new CBackup account, then launch the application and log into it.
2. First, select the My Storag button. Select Google Drive > Authorize Now, please follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to your Google Drive.
3. Click on the Backup tab and click the Backup PC to Public Cloud button to create a backup task from Windows 11 to Google Drive.
4. You can change the Task Name, and add files in your Windows 11 as the backup source. Select the Google Drive account. Finally, click the Start Backup button to backup Windows 11 files to Google Drive.
To backup Windows 11 to Google Drive, maybe you need larger Google Drive storage. If you do not want to pay for Google Drive subscription plans, you can use CBackup to merge Google Drive accounts to get more backup space. Here are easy steps to do it:
1. Add your Google Drive accounts to CBackup, then click on the My Storage tab, press the + Add Combined Cloud.
2. Check the Google Drive accounts that you want to merge, and then click on Next. After determining the order of these Google Drive accounts, choose Combine to complete the combination.
3. After the above, a Combined Cloud will appear in your clouds list. You can select the Combined Cloud as a backup destination to back up your Windows 11 to Google Drive.
We hope this article will be helpful for you to choose a way to backup Windows 11 to Google Drive easily. If you want to set up an automated backup, don’t miss CBackup. And if you need more Google Drive storage for backup, CBackup will help you expand your Google Drive storage for free.