Using the Cloud for Backup: 4 Recommended Ways
Don’t know how to use the cloud for backup? Please click this article and get the way for using the cloud for backup. Also, a step-by-step guide is provided.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Get Started
Nowadays, computers can help us deal with work documents and complete all affairs such as reservations and communication in life. Most people keep vital data on their computers or other devices and need them to be kept safe at all times.
Hard disk failures, fires, and theft have become reasons why many people give up using external hard disks. Backup laptop to the cloud has become a major trend in data protection because these data stored in the cloud can be far away from local threats, no matter accidents or natural disasters will not cause data loss.
The use of the cloud for backup usually takes two types of services as the carrier: cloud storage and cloud backup.
Cloud storage services are very popular nowadays and are a convenient data protection solution for many individuals and business users. Not only can it store files, but it can also achieve teamwork, share files, synchronize, and easily access files from different locations and across devices.
The only general requirement for your device to access cloud storage is to be connected to the Internet. And popular free cloud storage solutions include Goole Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
Easy access to files from any place or any device.
There is no size limit, if you need more storage space, you can pay for it.
Provides very limited version control.
This is a better solution than carrying removable storage.
If your computer is stolen, damaged, or lost, cloud backup is a good way to ensure that all data is protected from loss. Usually, every version of the data will be stored in the cloud backup, which means that if the data is damaged, deleted, or changed in the cloud environment, it remains intact in the cloud backup storage.
Multiple versions of data can be backed up.
Ability to recover deleted files.
Provide a simple data recovery.
All in all, cloud storage and cloud backup play an important role in accessing, storing, and protecting data. Most cloud storage services provide free space to back up data and can be easily accessed by users anytime and anywhere. Next, I will continue to introduce you to the cloud storage service backup method.
The way of using cloud storage for backup has been widely loved. This chapter will introduce the 4 most popular services and show you how to use the cloud for backup.
Dropbox is available on almost all platforms, which makes it one of the most widely used cloud storage services. It has flexible features and a simple interface and can even seamlessly synchronize files to a local computer, and provides users with 2 GB of free storage space.
☛The way of using Dropbox for backup:
1. Download and install the Dropbox desktop application on your PC.
2. Create a Dropbox account and sign in to the Dropbox desktop app.
3. Drop the data you want to add to the Dropbox folder.
4. Those files will be backed up to the Dropbox cloud drive, you can backup computer to Dropbox in this way.
Google Drive is one of the most widely used cloud storage, and it can be highly integrated with Google's various services. Therefore, if you are an Android user or a Chrome OS user, using Google Drive will bring a lot of conveniences, and it is generous to provide users with 15GB of free cloud storage.
☛The way of using Google Drive as backup:
1. Go to the Google Drive webpage and sign in to your account on the device.
2. Create a Google account and sign in.
3. Then, you can directly copy your files to the cloud through the Google Drive webpage.
For Microsoft-centric people, OneDrive is the ideal choice, which provides 5GB of free storage for each new account. It is not only pre-installed on the Windows 10 PC but also seamlessly connects with Office 365. Also, OneDrive is compatible with almost all mainstream operating systems, it has dedicated applications for Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
☛How to use OneDrive for backup:
1. Download and install OneDrive, if you are a Windows 10 user, you can start it directly on your computer.
2. Sign in your Microsoft account. On OneDrive interface, click Upload and select files/folders you want to upload.
3. After uploading, all the files you backed up can be accessed in the OneDrive cloud.
iCloud is a product of Apple and provides 5 GB of free storage space for new users. It can be used to store iOS or macOS pictures, music, contacts, e-books, and almost all other types of data. If you are a Windows user, you can also install the client to use iCloud Drive.
☛How to use iCloud for backup:
1. To start iCloud, Windows users need to download and install iCloud for Windows first.
2. Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
3. Then you can select what you want to back up and check the previous checkbox, and click Apply to save, and the data will be backed up to iCloud Drive cloud.
The small amount of free storage provided by each service limits most people to store large amounts of important data, and after all, not all users want to invest in data backup. You may apply for multiple cloud storage accounts to get more space, do you know how to combine them to back up important data with ease?
Fortunately, CBackup can help you combine free storage in multiple cloud drives, allowing you to back up important data directly to this complete large space on a single platform.
1. Create an account of CBackup, then login to CBackup desktop app from your computer.
2. Navigate to My Storage > Add Cloud, select one of your cloud drives, and click Add to continue.
3. Modify the display name and storage path for backup, tick the checkbox before Note and click OK.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you add all the cloud drives. And then click My Storage > + > New Combined Cloud to merge all of your added clouds to CBackup.
Finally, your clouds will be listed under My Storage and you see can see the total space they combined.
It is not difficult to use the cloud for backup, and the popularity of cloud storage and cloud backup also makes it easier to protect data. You can choose any of the above cloud storage services to back up your files. At the same time, you can save time and money by using CBackup combined with free space on multiple cloud drives for backup.