How to Backup Computer to Dropbox for Free? (3 Ways)
This article will show 3 effective ways to backup computer to Dropbox for free with detailed steps. A free way to get more Dropbox backup space also will be introduced.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
"I have a Dropbox account and subscribed to some storage space, and now I want to use Dropbox as a backup of all my computer files. How do I backup my entire computer to Dropbox? If I can, I wanna backup computer to my Dropbox account automatically."
Nowadays, the necessity of backing up computers has been paid more and more attention. We will lose important data stored on the computer for many reasons. The computer system has been hacked, the hard disk has failed, and the computer has been stolen.
These are accidents that we cannot expect, and they may happen in the next minute. In order to avoid the permanent loss of important data due to unexpected accidents or the advent of natural disasters, backing up computers has become imminent, and you may need to backup computer to cloud. Read this to learn all the information about the backup laptop or computer to Dropbox.
Among many backup methods, online backup has been loved by more and more people. The cloud storage services represented by Dropbox can save your computer files simply, quickly, and securely.
☛ Is Dropbox good for backup? Dropbox is one of the most popular cloud storage services today, and many users consider using it to protect their files. Generally speaking, the advantages to backup computer to Dropbox include the following:
✎Note: Dropbox also provides compatible apps on most mobile devices, which means that on any device, as long as you download the Dropbox app, you can access the files stored in your account. If necessary, you can go to learn how to backup Android to Dropbox.
This chapter will use three methods to show how to backup PC to Dropbox, through Dropbox's web and desktop clients, and a free third-party tool called CBackup. You can choose the one that suits you best according to your usage habits or needs.
Backup files to Dropbox manually is a very straightforward method. The steps are as follows:
1. Go to the Dropbox website and sign in to your Dropbox account, click Upload files or Upload folder.
2. Select the computer file or folder to be uploaded and click Open.
3. Save the uploaded PC file to an existing folder or create a new folder to save, click Upload.
If you backup entire computer to Dropbox, it's quite time-consuming, so it's not the recommended way to perform computer backup to Dropbox.
In addition to being on the Dropbox web, you can also use Dropbox's desktop client to back up files on your computer.
1. Go to dropbox.com/downloading, download, and install the Dropbox app. After installation, a window containing the Dropbox icon will pop up on the screen.
2. Log in to your Dropbox account. And click Open my Dropbox.
3. Navigate to a folder named "Dropbox" in C:\Users\Username, and add any computer file or folder to it that you want to backup. It will automatically start syncing data to your Dropbox cloud.
If you have more professional backup needs or want to backup entire computer to Dropbox, the above 2 methods may be a little troublesome. You can use the free cloud backup services such as CBackup to automatically back up entire computer to Dropbox, and you can always restore the backup file whenever you need it.
1. Download, install and start the free CBackup. Apply for an account and log in to the service for free.
2. Under the My Storage tab on the homepage, click Add Cloud, then select Dropbox, click the Add button to continue. Sign in to your Dropbox account to allow CBackup to access Dropbox files.
3. Click the Backup Tasks tab and the New Task button to create a Dropbox backup PC task.
4. Rename the Task Name to differ from others, select the entire computer that needs to be backed up to Dropbox by clicking Add Source, then click Add Destination > Single Cloud > Next > Dropbox > OK.
5. Click Settings in the lower-left corner of the page, and select the frequency or specific time that you want to automatically backup PC to Dropbox under the Scheduled Backup tab.
6. Finally, click Start Backup to start Dropbox PC backup automatically.
Furthermore, you could backup hard drive to Dropbox, or backup Dropbox to external hard drive, etc, which diversify the data protection way.
If you are using Dropbox, you should know that Dropbox only provides 2GB of storage space for free, and the amount of data stored in the computer far exceeds 2GB. Most users know that if you want to get more storage space, you need to upgrade your Dropbox account, but a long-term subscription will be a large expense, and you may need to deal with various problems caused by instability at any time (this is for cloud storage services very common).
Don’t worry, this article provides you with 2 tips. One method can help you get more Dropbox storage space for free - use CBackup to combine the backup space of multiple Dropbox accounts, and the other is a better choice for you to protect your PC to the cloud.
#1. Get More Dropbox Space for Free via CBackup
Although in many ways, a backup computer with Dropbox is a good way to help you protect the data of the computer, but Dropbox only provides 2GB of storage space for newly registered accounts, which really troubles many users. After all, not all users want to invest funds in data backup.
Fortunately, with the free cloud backup service CBackup, you can combine the free space of multiple Dropbox accounts to form a larger space for backup. You can even combine the space of your cloud drive accounts such as Google Drive and OneDrive to make full use of all cloud disk resources.
✎Note: The following steps can be performed on both the web and PC sides, and the steps are the same. You can choose a method that is more suitable for you.
1. Log into the CBackup desktop app.
2. Navigate to the My Storage tab, there is a My Storage list, click Add Cloud, select the cloud storage to be added, here you need to click Dropbox, and then click Add to add and authorize the account.
✎Note: Simply repeat this step to add all cloud driver accounts to CBackup, and they will all be collected under the My Storage list.
3. After adding the cloud, you can modify the Display Name and Storage path of the cloud disk, and then go to My Storage > + > New Combined Cloud, then follow the guide to merge all of your add cloud drives.
Now, you will have a large enough space to back up more data to protect them on the cloud.
#2. Backup Your Computer to CBackup Cloud
If you feel that the Dropbox storage plan cannot meet your needs for backing up data, you can switch to the larger backup space on CBackup - CBackup Cloud. CBackup supports storing local data to CBackup Cloud in a professional way of backup. You can try it now and you can directly have a huge backup space. Start downloading CBackup to protect your local data!
Moreover, you could try cloud to cloud sync and cloud to cloud backup to easily transfer everything from one cloud to another without downloading and re-uploading, fast and effecient.
If you want to know how to backup computer to Dropbox, the above three methods can help you achieve it. You can upload files manually through Dropbox's web page and client, or automatically backup computer data through CBackup. Compared with the previous two ways, CBackup is quite simple to use.
In addition, don't forget to use CBackup to get more Dropbox backup storage space for free, which can make full use of cloud disk space and protect your data. The CBackup client can also be used as a Dropbox alternative, which allows you to backup files to Dropbox or back up data to a larger space in a more professional way.