4 Ways to Fix Your Dropbox is (Almost) Full Message
Four solutions offered to fix your Dropbox is full message: upgrade your Dropbox Account or try the 3 free ways to solve Dropbox full message.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
“Hi, all. I got the ‘Your dropbox is full’ message. I uninstalled the Dropbox app, checked the hard drive and restarted the computer, but to no avail. I don’t want to upgrade. Now, I cannot sync additional files. Please help.”
If you see the Your Dropbox is full message, which means that you have ran out of the storage space of your Dropbox account and the sync will stop as well. Don’t worry, here are the solutions provided in the following words, just take it for reference.
Upgrading Dropbox account is reliable way to get more Dropbox space and solve Dropbox is full problem, but you have to pay for it. When you got the Dropbox is full message, and you will find that Dropbox icon in system tray will become with a red cross like this:
Steps to upgrade your Dropbox account to Dropbox Plus or other plans:
1. Click the dropbox icon with the red cross, and you will find it shows like this:
2. Press Upgrade hyperlink or button to upgrade Dropbox to release the storage limit.
3. Choose the Dropbox plan to upgrade.
If there is no files and folders you want to delete, it’s better to store some files and folders to local computer or external hard drive. Then remove these files and folders from Dropbox account. Now, the Your Dropbox is full message will be fixed. You have to keep it safe just in case of data loss and this way is not the best.
There are different ways to remove files from Dropbox account to free up space if Dropbox is full.
1. Log in your Dropbox account.
2. Click All Files at the left side, and tick all the files and folders that you want to delete, then press Delete button and confirm Delete.
3. (Optional) Go to Deleted Files, tick the files and folders that you prefer to permanently delete, and choose Permanantly Delete. Please note that all the files and folder you permanently deleted cannot be restored.
Delete Files from Dropbox App
1. Click Dropbox icon in system tray, select Open Dropbox Folder.
2. At the Dropbox tab, select the files and folders you want to remove from Dropbox and right click, opt Delete.
Remove Files from Dropbox Mobile App
1. Open the Dropbox mobile app.
2. Tap the ⁝ or … (vertical ellipsis or ellipsis) next to the file or folder you’d like to delete.
3. Tap Delete.
However, you might find the Dropbox full even after deleting files, how to deal with “Dropbox is full but I deleted files” situation? Here are some tips:
If you deleted files on the Dropbox desktop app, it may take a bit of time to update online.
Remove shared folder from your Dropbox account if you have(just like delete files from dropbox.com), because the shared folder will occupy the Dropbox space.
As a matter of fact, there is another free way to fix your Dropbox is full poblem - sync Dropbox to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or other clouds via the free cloud backup service - CBackup. And there is no need to delete files and folders, which make things easier.
Here are the steps of sync Dropbox to Google Drive to fix Dropbox full message:
1. Please create a CBackup account, and login.
2. Click My Storage at the left side, and select Add Cloud button, choose Dropbox and hit Add. And follow the instructions to add Dropbox account. And you could add another cloud.
3. Select Sync Tasks > New Task.
4. Rename the Task Name to differ from others, click Add Source to select Dropbox. And then hit Add Destination to choose Google Drive.
Tip: you could sync Dropbox folder as well.
5. Click Settings at the bottom of right corner, uncheck the Sync the deletions in source directory to destination option at the Other tab, click OK.
6. Press Start Sync to sync Dropbox to Google Drive.
Now, you could delete all Dropbox files and folders to solve Dropbox is full message. And the deletion will not reflect on Google Drive.
CBackup provides you desktop app for you to automatically backup computer to cloud, just take it a shot:
Except for your Drobox is full message, and another situation you might meet: Your computer hard drive space is low If you get the following error message:
Your startup disk is almost full (on Mac)
You are running out of disk space (on Windows)
And it’s emergency to free up space for your hard drive, the last 3 solutions also applicable. Besides, you could use the Selective Sync or Smart Sync to free up space for your computer hard drive.
Selective Sync allows you choose which folders you can store on your local computer from all Dropbox folders. Here are the steps:
Open Dropbox desktop app Preferences. Click Sync tab > Choose folders (Mac) or Selective Sync ... (Windows), then uncheck the folders you want to remove from the hard drive, and then click Update > OK.
Smart sync is a feature of the desktop app to make files online-only, then you could save your hard drive space on your computer.
1. Open File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
2. Open the Dropbox folder.
3. Right-click the file or folder you’d like to change to online-only.
4. Hover over Smart Sync.
5. Click Online Only.
There are 4 ways to solve Your Dropbox is full message and help you enjoy the Dropbox storage space. And you will get the solutions to fix low disk space while using Dropbox. Follow the instructions to fix and enjoy your life.