3 Easy Solutions: Backup Computer Files to Google Drive
On this page, you can know 3 useful ways to backup computer files to Google Drive. Please keep reading to get more detailed information about guidelines.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
How do you set up Google Drive Backup? All files on your computer to Google Drive? I find it annoying to have some documents stored on my computer and some in Google Drive. I would like to figure out a way to be able to have my documents and files accessible both on my computer and in the cloud. How do I backup my local files to Google Drive?
- Question from Reddit.com
Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud services on the market, providing 15GB free cloud storage space for each Google account. Compared with traditional backup method, cloud backup service brings lots of convenience to you. So, you may want to backup files to Google Drive to protect your files from equipment damage or data loss.
Since your files are mostly on computer, we will introduce how to backup computer files to Google Drive in the following part. Read on to choose a suitable method for your computer files.
Google Drive provides 2 official apps that can help you to backup computer to Google Drive. The operation steps are easy and you can use one of them to back up your files. Also, we prepare another free way to back up your computer files to Google Drive and you can have a try.
One of the Google Drive official app is the web app. In this way, you can create Google Drive PC backup manually without downloading a software. Here is the easy guideline to do it:
1. Go to Google Drive page directly, and sign in to your Google Drive account.
2. Press My Drive in the left taskbar. And click on the Upload files or Upload folder option to back up files or folders from your computer. Choose Open to backup them to Google Drive manually.
Another Google Drive official app is a desktop app called Drive for Desktop, which can help you perform Google Drive backup with frequency. If you want to save some time and effort, you can refer to the simple guideline to use the Google Drive for Desktop:
1. First, download and install the Drive for Desktop client on your computer.
2. Then, click on Sign in with browser to sign in to your Google Drive account.
3. Click on the My Computer > Add folder to select your computer folder that needs to be backed up.
4. Click Sync with Google Drive and Done in the next window. After configuration, please click on Save for your computer files backup.
5. At last, press START to backup your PC folders to Google Drive directly.
Is there any other easy way to backup computer to Google Drive? Yes, here comes the free cloud backup service - CBackup, which allows you to backup computer files to many popular cloud drives including Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more.
In addition to backing up files to cloud, CBackup also supports to backup your computer, partition, disk to cloud directly and for free.
The operation steps in CBackup are easy to perform. And some useful features are provided, such as Scheduler, Email Notification, File Filter, which can make your backups more convenient.
If you want to create Google backup and sync for PC, just try this easy cloud backup software for free. Here are the simple steps to use it:
1. Download and install the CBackup application on your computer. Sign up for a new CBackup account and open the CBackup application to log into your new account.
2. In the Storage tab, choose Google Drive and Authorize Now to add your Google Drive account.
3. Select the Backup tab, click on Backup PC to Public Cloud.
4. If you want to create an auto backup task, click the Settings button to go to the Backup Settings page to set up Scheduler. There are 4 different time modes for your backup tasks.
5. Choose your computer files as the backup source, and choose the Google Drive account you just added to CBackup as the backup destination. Then click Start Backup to backup your computer files to Google Drive.
If you have a lot of computer files that need to be backed up, the free 15GB free cloud storage is not enough for you. Then you may need to increase Google Drive storage. You can use the combine cloud storage in CBackup to get more cloud storage space for free. Here is the easy guideline to do it:
1. You can add your Google Drive accounts or other cloud drive accounts to CBackup likewise, then press + Add Combined Cloud.
2. Choose the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge, and choose Next. After determining the order of your cloud drive accounts, click Combine.
Then, you will have a combined cloud in your cloud list. When you create backup tasks, you can back up files to the combined cloud by clicking Backup > Backup PC to Combined Cloud.
Now, you have known 3 useful ways to backup computer files to Google Drive. Reading here, you can choose one of them to back up your files easily. To make the backup task simple and fast, CBackup is the best choice for you. And you can get more backup space for free with it.