Create Automatic Backup to Google Drive from PC [2 M
On this page, you will get to know how to perform automatic backup to Google Drive from PC. And you can get more Google Drive storage space for free.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Is there a way to automatically back up particular PC data to Google Drive? With online backup I use Google Drive, I want Google Drive to serve primarily for working on files when away from home. I don't have enough patience for backing up everything every time I edit or add or delete a file. Is there a more appropriate tool, or should I resort to manual backup?
- Question from Google Drive Help
Would you, like the user in the case, want to back up data from your computer to Google Drive so that you can access them anytime on a different device? But manually backing up files to Google Drive is a tedious task, which will take a lot of your time and effort, and the manual operation may miss some important data that needs to be backed up.
As a result, you may want to know is there a way to automatically backup PC to Google Drive and how to perform automatic backup to Google Drive from PC. Of course there is exactly a solution to do it, please read on and you will know the detailed introduction and steps.
How to perform a Google Drive automatic backup from PC? There are 2 different tools you can choose: the Google Drive official desktop application, or a professional cloud backup software. After looking through the following content, you can make a decision for your PC data.
Google Drive provides an official app called Drive for Desktop, which can help you to backup computer files to Google Drive. Here comes the guideline to use this desktop client to create an auto backup to Google Drive from PC:
1. Please download and install the desktop app provided by Google Drive on your PC.
2. Next, click on Sign in with browser to sign in to your Google Drive account.
3. Choose the My Computer > Add folder to select your computer folder that contains your important data.
4. Press Sync with Google Drive and Done in the next window.
5. After that, please click on Save then your PC data will be backed up to Google Drive automatically via the Drive for Desktop client.
Note: If you want to select certain files and folders to back up to Google Drive, you can also use a manual backup method via the Google Drive web app.
Just go to the Google Drive page and sign in to your account. Choose Upload files or Upload folder to back up files or folders from your PC.
To perform auto backup PC to Google Drive, there is another free tool - an online backup service called CBackup. With the help of CBackup, you can easily back up any type of data from PC to Google Drive including files, folders, partition, disk, system, even the entire computer.
What’s more, the Scheduler feature in CBackup can save you much time and effort. You can use it to create PC auto backup without manual operation.
Now, let’s see how to create automatic backup to Google Drive from PC via CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop client on your computer. Sign up for a CBackup account and run the CBackup application to log into your new account.
2. Go to the My Storage tab. On the page, choose Google Drive and Authorize Now. Follow the tips to give CBackup authorization to your Google Drive account.
3. Select the Backup > Backup PC to Public Cloud.
4. Press the Settings button at the bottom of the page to go to the Backup Settings page to enable the Scheduler feature to make the backup task automatic.
5. Choose the data from your PC as the backup source, and choose your Google Drive account as the backup destination. Click on Start Backup to begin the automatic backup to Google Drive from PC.
There will be more and more files, folders, photos, videos, etc. on your PC, so the free 15GB Google Drive cloud storage space is not enough for your PC data. Want more cloud storage but do not want to pay for expensive fees for subscription plans? Go straight to use the combine cloud storage feature in CBackup.
With this feature, you can merge unlimited cloud drive accounts from the same cloud drive or different cloud drives into a combine cloud with unlimited storage space. Here is the easy-to-follow steps to do it:
1. You can add as many Google Drive accounts or other cloud drive accounts as you have to CBackup, and click on + Add Combined Cloud.
2. Tick the Google Drive accounts that you want to merge, and click Next. After determining the order of your cloud drive accounts, click Combine to form a combined cloud.
Then, a combined cloud will appear in your cloud list. When you create a backup task next time, you can choose the combined cloud as the backup destination after clicking on Backup > Backup PC to Combined Cloud.
To perform an automatic backup to Google Drive from PC, we have introduced 2 efficient methods to you: the official Google Drive desktop app and a professional cloud backup tool. If you want the backup process much easier and stable, you can try the free cloud backup software with a few clicks.