Easy Guide: How to Create A Windows 10 Mail Backup
This article covers some useful ways to set up a Windows 10 mail backup. If you need to create backups of your mails, continue reading to get easy guidelines to do it.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
“How do I back up my emails on my computer? Hi guys. I have some old inboxes in my Mail app that are taking up a lot of space and I never use them. I'd like to back them up and then delete them. What is the best way to back up a specific inbox/email account so that I can still access my old emails when I need them?”
There are many users in forums on the web with needs like this user case: Windows 10 mail backup. If you happen to want to create a backup for your mail, then read on in this article below to get more useful information about backing up office emails.
As we all know, mail plays an important role in the work and life of users. People use mail to keep in touch, to communicate with each other about their work and life, to make appointments with friends, and so on. Every user sends and receives a lot of mails, but your mailbox will not make automatic backups of your emails. So your important information, and private messages are at risk.
For this, the best way to protect emails is to make automated file backup of them. This way, you can get your mails back more easily after they are accidentally deleted or your computer is attacked by viruses or malware.
Here we prepared 2 different ways to backup mail in Windows 10. You can choose to backup mail to PST or an easier way - backup with a professional backup tool.
There is no way to backup mail in your mailbox. But don’t worry, here we will introduce how to export your mail for backup in detail. Please follow the easy steps as follow:
1. In the Microsoft 365 emails, click File > Open & Export and then choose Import/Export.
2. Select the Export to a file option on this page, then click Next.
3. Next, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on Next.
4. Choose the email foler that needs to be backed up and then select Next.
5. Tap on the Browser button to choose a destination for your emails and click Finish. Then your mails will be exported to your PC as PST files and finish the Windows 10 mail export.
Then your mails are saved on your Windows 10 PC and you can backup Windows 10 mail now. Since your mails are stored as PST files, and many backup tools on the market do not support PST file backup, we prepared a professional backup tool that supports all types of files - CBackup. You can get it on all Windows systems including Windows 11/10/8/7/XP.
CBackup provides a powerful PC to cloud backup feature. Each new account will get 10GB of free cloud storage space and you can upgrade it to 1TB or 5TB according to your needs. Besides, it supports backup files including mail, document, photo, video, audio, etc. to public cloud drives such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
Let’s view the highlights of CBackup:
Then let’s learn the steps to backup emails from PC to cloud via CBackup.
Add cloud drive to CBackup
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop app on your PC. Sign up for a new CBackup account, then launch the client to log into it.
2. Click on the My Storage tab, then select the + Add Cloud button.
3. If you want to create a Windows mail backup to Google Drive, select Google Drive > Add. Please follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to your Google Drive.
Create Windows email backup
1. Click on the Backup Tasks button and click New Task. Select the Local Files option to choose your local mails.
2. You can change Task Name for your backups, then press the Add Source button to add local mails on your PC, then click OK.
3. Choose Add Destination > Single Cloud, then select the Google Drive account you just added to CBackup and click OK.
4. After the above, click the Start Backup button to backup mail in Windows 10 without effort.
There detailed introduction here for you to create a Windows 10 mail backup. All you need to do is export your mails to PC and then set up a backup from PC to cloud via an easy tool like CBackup. In addition to backing up mails to Google Drive, you can backup mails to other cloud drives like OneDrive, Dropbox, and its own CBackup Cloud as well.