Upload SD Card to Google Drive on PC/Phone [4 Ways]
This post will introduce 4 different ways to upload SD card to Google Drive. You can choose the most convenient solution for your SD card data.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
SD card, as a traditional storage device, can save all kinds of data like documents, photos, videos, programs, etc. for you. It frees up the local storage space of your computer or phone, and provides a new storage location for your data. However, at the same time, you need to carry your SD card everywhere if you want to access your data on it easily. Once the SD card is full, you need to pay for a new SD card.
Nowadays, cloud backup can be a nice choice for you to save your data. Then, how to upload data from your SD card and what is the best SD card backup software? For this, Google Drive is an outstanding cloud service and you can upload SD card to Google Drive for larger storage space, easy operation steps, and more useful features.
How to move files from SD card to Google Drive? If you want to do that on computer, there are 2 main methods here: the official Google Drive for Desktop and another easy direct cloud backup service. After reading, you can make a decision for your uploading task.
Drive for Desktop is an official desktop app provided by Google Drive, which provides professional backup and sync features. You can use it to upload SD card to Google Drive on your desktop. Here are the easy steps to do it:
1. First, download the Drive for Desktop app on your computer. Connect your SD card to the computer with a cable properly.
2. Launch the Drive for Desktop and Sign in with browser to connect your Google Drive account.
3. Under the Google Drive Notifications, press the Add device button.
4. Tick the box next to Back up to Google Drive. Then click on Save.
How to upload files from SD card to Google Drive? There is another way that can meet your needs - a free cloud backup service called CBackup. With the help of CBackup, you can upload your SD card to Google Drive directly.
In CBackup, you can upload any type of data from SD card to Google Drive such as uploading music to Google Drive, uploading documents, photos, videos, and so on. In addition to Google Drive, CBackup also allows you to upload SD card to other mainstream cloud drives like OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
Now, you can read the following steps to know how to upload SD card to Google Drive via CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop app on your computer first. Sign up for a new account and then run the desktop app to log into your account. Connect your SD card to your computer correctly.
2. Click on the My Storage tab. Choose Google Drive > Authorize Now. Then follow the instructions to make CBackup access to your Google Drive account.
3. Click on the Sync tab, then choose Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose any file, folder, photo, video, program from your SD card as the sync source. And choose a folder from the Google Drive account as the sync destination. Finally, select Start Sync to upload files from SD card to Google Drive directly.
If you are using your phone and want upload SD card to Google Drive as well, how to transfer data from SD card to Google Drive then? Here we prepared 2 different solutions for you.
There is also a Google Drive app on mobile phones and you can download it from the Play Store first. Then follow the steps below:
1. Launch the Google Drive app and log into your Google Drive account.
2. Choose the folder icon on the right bottom and then choose your SD card data.
3. Tap the plus icon then. Choose Upload to choose certain files or folders to upload them to Google Drive.
How to upload photos from SD card to Google Drive? If you only want to upload photos or videos to Google Drive, you can do it via Photo Gallery on your phone. Here is the guideline to do it:
1. Open Photos Gallery on your phone. Choose the photos you want to upload and click SHARE.
2. Choose the Save to Drive option in the pop-up window.
Since you have synced SD card to Google Drive, each sync will overwrite the previous file. There is no version history and you cannot restore to the previous version. But for backup files, CBackup provides unlimited backup history version, so you can restore files to any version.
To protect your data better, it is advisable for you to backup SD card to Google Drive. The CBackup desktop application can help you do it easily. Just follow the steps below to backup your SD card to Google Drive directly for free:
1. Likewise, connect your SD card to the computer.
4. After adding your Google Drive account to CBackup, click on the Backup button and click Backup PC to Public Cloud.
2. Choose files on your SD card as the backup source, and select the Google Drive account you just added to CBackup as the backup destination.
3. After the above, click the Start Backup button to backup your SD card to Google Drive easily.
We have introduced 4 different ways to upload SD card to Google Drive. You can do it on both computer and phone easily. Just make your own decision after looking through this post.