How to fix the Backup and Sync account already in use?
I tried to sync 2 google drive accounts to backup & sync. I successfully did that and I can see 2 instances of the apps on the system tray. However, after I restarted, the second instance does not appear, my files are not synced, and I can not add it again because it said "account already in use". How can I fix this? Thanks.
Now, you could reinstall Backup and Sync after uninstalling Google Drive desktop app.
Step 2. Reinstall Backup and Sync from Google
1. Please go to Google Drive website to download the latest Google Backup and Sync app. Then double-click the installbackupandsync.exe on your computer to install it.
2. Once the installation is completed, you could log in to your Google Drive accounts and set up the Google Drive sync settings.
3. Then click the Backup and Sync icon on the system tray, and tap the three dots icon > Add New Account to add another Google Drive account.
4. Then set up the sync settings for the second Google Drive account just like the first time you set it up.
Note: Please do not add the same Google Drive account again, or you will get the error message you are already logged in.
Now, you could see the two instances of Backup and Sync on the system tray, which means there are 2 icons for your two Google Drive accounts. And the Google Backup and Sync account already in use problem will be fixed.
Solution 2. End All Google Drive Backup and Sync Instances and Restart
Besides, you have the other proven way to fix the second Google Backup and Sync icon missing problem. Unlike uninstalling and reinstalling, it’s easier to operate for you: End all Google Drive instances and restart Backup and Sync.
1. Right-click on the running icon of Backup and Sync, then tap the three-dots icon and select Quit Backup and Sync from the menu.
2. Then right-click the taskbar, and select Task Manager.
3. Find all instances of googledrivesync.exe (and GOOGLE~1.exe), tap them and click End Task.
4. Tap cmd in the Windows search box, and run as administrator, then run the following command:
"c:\program files\google\drive\googledrivesync.exe" /autostart (Replace the Google backup and sync path if necessary)
5. After a few minutes later, the Google Drive Backup and Sync open, and all your child accounts will be listed on the system tray one by one.
6. If there only one Google Backup and sync instance appears, run the following command:
Step 2. Tap My Storage > + choose Google Drive and click Add, then follow the on-screen guide to allow CBackup to access your Google Drive account. Or sign in to your Google Drive account, and grant the authority to CBackup.
Step 3. Customize the Storage path for Google Drive, and then tick the option "Note: Please don't modify or delete the CBackup path or backup files in your Google Drive account.", and click OK.
Step 4. Repeat the 2-3 steps to add other Google Drive Backup and Sync accounts.
Now, all your Google Backup and Sync accounts have been added to CBackup, now you could transfer files among these Google Drives directly and easily.
Step 2. Transfer files from Google Drive to Another Account
1. Tap Sync Tasks on the left side, then click the New Task button.
2. Rename the Task Name, and then hit Add Source button to choose the Google Drive, and click OK.
3. Click Add Destination button to add another Google Drive account.
4. Press the Start Sync button to sync files directly and easily from Google Drive to another account.
There are some optional settings for you at the lower-left corner (Settings) to transfer files between Google Drive accounts.
Scheduler: You could set up Google Drive schedule sync via this setting, and it allows you to sync files regularly, like Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or at a specific time.
Email Notification is capable of alerting you via email when the sync is finished or failed.
File Filter allows you to exclude or include some file types you don’t or want to sync.
Others could help you sync the deletion from the source directory to the Destination or not. It will protect your data more secure.
Now, syncing files between Google Drive accounts has been finished and all these files transferred to another Google Drive account directly without taking up hard drive space.
If you encounter the Backup and Sync account already in use, please try the above 2 easy ways to solve it. If you have problems syncing files from Google Drive to another account, just try the free cloud backup service CBackup to transfer files between Google Drive accounts directly without taking up space.