4 Ways to Let OneDrive Backup Desktop Data Effortlessly
This article includes 4 efficient ways for OneDrive backup desktop. After reading, you can choose the method that suits you best.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
As one of the most popular cloud backup services in the world, OneDrive provides excellent cloud backup and sync services. Many users choose to get OneDrive backup of desktop data, which can help you better protect their desktop data from the threat of unexpected events, hardware failures, and virus attacks.
There have been many OneDrive users discussing in various forums how to use OneDrive to back up their computer's desktop folder or the entire data on their desktop computer. For backing up files to OneDrive, you can choose to perform backups on OneDrive website, OneDrive desktop app, command prompt, or another easy backup software.
Here we prepared 4 easy ways to set OneDrive to backup desktop folders. If you wanna backup desktop OneDrive, just continue reading the part to get more detailed information.
The first way is to use the OneDrive desktop app to back up your desktop folders. If you are using Windows 10 or later versions of Windows, this desktop app has already been installed on your PC. If you are using an older version of the Windows system, please download the latest OneDrive desktop application and install it first.
Then you can follow the steps to back up desktop to OneDrive with this desktop client:
1. Launch the OneDrive desktop app, and enter your email address. Then press Sign in.
2. Then you need to choose a location for the OneDrive folder. If you accept the default location, just click Next. If you want a new location for it, please click on Change location to choose a new location.
3. Then you can choose Sync all files and folders in OneDrive.
4. After configuring all the settings for your OneDrive backup, you can click on the gear icon to choose Settings.
5. Then press the Backup tab to click on the Manage backup button.
6. After choosing the folders you want to operate the backup task, click on the Start Backup button to let OneDrive backup desktop and documents.
To let OneDrive backup desktop and documents, you can also go to the OneDrive official website and back up them manually. Here is the guideline for it:
1. Navigate to the OneDrive page, then log into your OneDrive account.
2. Then click on the Upload icon to choose your folders from desktop to upload to OneDrive.
Some OneDrive users said they have encountered OneDrive errors like OneDrive not running on Windows 10, OneDrive not syncing all files, etc. If you want to avoid these common issues, please consider using this method.
Here comes an easy way to perform OneDrive backup desktop - CBackup. CBackup is a professional cloud backup tool, that supports to back up desktop folders and everything on desktop to OneDrive automatically. Then you do not need to launch the desktop application every time.
In addition, you can back up files to many other cloud drives like Google Drive and Dropbox, etc. If your public cloud drive storage is not enough, you can use the combined cloud storage feature in CBackup to get larger cloud backup space for free.
Compared with other backup solutions, CBackup has many highlights:
Now, click on this Download CBackup button to download and install it on your PC. And here is the guideline to let OneDrive backup desktop via CBackup.
Add OneDrive to CBackup
1. Sign up for a new CBackup account, and run the client to log into your CBackup account.
2. Click on the Storage tab from the left panel. Choose OneDrive > Authorize Now. Please follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to your OneDrive account.
Create a OneDrive backup desktop task
1. Click on the Backup button and click the Backup PC to Public Cloud option.
2. You can change Task Name for your OneDrive backup desktop task, then add desktop folders from your PC as the backup source. Select the OneDrive account you just added to CBackup as the backup destination. After the above, click the Start Backup button to backup desktop folder to OneDrive easily.
If you are using Windows 10 or later versions of Windows operating systems, it will save your OneDrive folder in the %UserProfile% folder of your account. So you can back up desktop folders to OneDrive by following the steps below:
1. Tap the Windows and R keys to run it as administrator. Type in cmd in the blank and click OK.
2. Type mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\Example Folder" "F:\Example Folder" (you can replace the Example Folder with the path of your own folder). After that, click on Enter.
3. Then, you can go to your OneDrive folder and you will see the specified folder.
If you wanna backup computer to OneDrive on desktop, CBackup can help you do it directly. And the detailed steps are the same as the Way 3 above. When you choose data to back up, you can select everything on the desktop of your PC.
1. After logging into your CBackup account and adding your OneDrive account to CBackup, create a backup task.
2. Then you can choose Add Source to choose everything on desktop to backup to OneDrive.
One thing you should mention is the OneDrive storage space. To make sure you have enough OneDrive cloud storage space for your entire desktop data, you can use CBackup to get more free cloud backup space for OneDrive:
1.Log into your CBackup and add all your OneDrive accounts to it.
2. Click on the Storage tab, and then press + Add Combined Cloud.
3. Tick all the OneDrive accounts you have now to merge to a combined cloud, and then click on Next > Combine.
4. After the above, you will have a Combined Cloud with a larger backup space in your clouds list. You can select the Combined Cloud as a backup destination while creating backup tasks of PC to OneDrive then.
After looking through this article, you may have learned how to get a OneDrive backup of desktop data. You can choose to use the OneDrive desktop application and OneDrive website, or use command prompt. To avoid multiple OneDrive errors, you can try the professional cloud service called CBackup which can help you perform OneDrive auto backup and backup to many other cloud drives for free.