How to Enable Dropbox PC Sync on Windows with Ease?
Looking for a handy way to enable Dropbox PC sync? Scroll down and find the answer in this article and you will learn how to merge clouds with ease.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Dropbox is a file storage service that forms a folder on your PC that syncs all files you put in it to the cloud, and it gives you the ability to access the data you backup in the cloud via your computer, your mobile phone, the Dropbox official website, or any other devices. When you enable Dropbox PC sync, all files on your computer will be synced to Dropbox, and you can access them everywhere effortlessly. If you make changes to your file in one place, it will automatically update everywhere.
What’s more, you can backup your entire documents folder, share files, use Dropbox selective sync to save local space, access deleted file versions, add comments to files, and so on.
To get Dropbox Windows sync done on your PC, you can make it done through the website, the desktop app, or a third-party tool. Let's just see what to do.
First of all, you can perform the Dropbox computer sync on the official website. There are 2 methods via the website to get it done.
Through dragging and dropping files or folders, you can enable Dropbox to sync your computer with ease:
1. Go to the Dropbox website, and sign in to your account.
2. Open your file explorer and locate the file you want to sync to Dropbox, drag it to the Dropbox website.
However, due to the program restrictions, dragging two or more files can’t be done at one time. So, if you want to sync several computer files to Dropbox, it could be annoying and time-consuming. So, you can turn to the following methods.
In order to sync local folders to Dropbox, you can manually upload them to Dropbox.
1. Go to the Dropbox website and sign in to it.
2. Click “All files” on the left side panel, and tab the “Upload” position successively. Then, choose the “Files” or “Folder” to navigate the data you want to backup to Dropbox.
After downloading and installing Dropbox on your computer, there will be a Dropbox folder which you will find on the left side panel of file explorer. When you enable Dropbox PC sync by updating files in this folder, it will automatically sync to Dropbox, and you can access or make changes to files in Dropbox via this folder.
Before you execute this action, make sure you have downloaded and installed the Dropbox desktop app. Please follow the instructions below to backup files to Dropbox:
1. Go to find your Dropbox folder, and open it.
2. Move the local folders to the Dropbox folder, then they will be synced to Dropbox automatically.
In addition to the above ways, you can enable Dropbox sync on Windows 10 or other systems by setting up automatically backup specific folders, such as desktop, downloads, documents, music, pictures, and videos folder on your computer.
1. Click on the Dropbox icon and hit your “Dropbox avatar”, then go to “Preferences”.
2. Tab the “Backups” position, and press “Set up”.
3. Check all the folders you want to backup to Dropbox and click “Update”.
Compared with the above three ways, syncing PC to Dropbox with third-party software is much more straightforward and requires no expertise. Fortunately, there is a free backup service - AOMEI Backupper Standard, which syncs your computer to Dropbox with no registration required.
Please note, to use this software, you need to make sure you have the Dropbox application installed on your computer, then take the following steps:
1. Download AOMEI Backupper, and run it. Click on the “Sync” tab on the left, and choose “Basic Sync”.
2. Click on the “Add Folder” button to choose the folder you want to sync from the PC to Dropbox.
3. Click on the inverted triangle icon to open the drop-down menu, and choose “Select a cloud drive” > “Dropbox” > “OK”.
4. Finally, press “Start Sync” to make Dropbox sync your PC done on your computer.
As you know, Dropbox, with only 2GB of free storage for basic users, can be easily occupied by your files, pictures, or videos. Though you can register Dropbox accounts as much as you can, it could be troublesome to manage every account, and it is also tricky to backup large files to clouds as well. Thus, you can turn to a PC backup service - CBackup, which allows you to combine multiple cloud storage into huge space so that you can increase the Dropbox free storage freely.
1. Download CBackup, create a CBackup account, and log in.
2. Click the “My Storage” > “Add Cloud” button, tap “Dropbox”> “Add” by turns, and allow CBackup to access your Dropbox cloud storage. If you wanna combine cloud storage together, you can add all your Dropbox accounts to CBackup in the same way.
3. After adding, still in the “My Storage” tab, click “+” > “New Combined Cloud”.
4. Rename the combined cloud and select these cloud drives that you are supposed to combine, then click “Next”.
Then, you have a combined cloud in the storage list. You can use the combined cloud as your backup destination.
How to backup files/folders to the combined cloud:
1. Click on the “Backup Tasks” position, and press “New Task”.
2. Customize the task name, hit “Add Source” to add the folders/files you want to backup. Then tap “Add Destination” to choose “Combined Cloud” as the backup destination, and click “Next”. Lastly, press “Start Backup” to backup files to cloud free.
✎Note: You can merge multiple Google Drive accounts, OneDrive accounts, or others likewise, if it is necessary, and backup your data to clouds via CBackup easily.
With the above 5 approaches, you can enable Dropbox PC sync easily. No matter which method you choose, you can have a try at the free backup service, CBackup, which allows you to backup PC to clouds, like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and so forth, and is available to merge clouds into a huge one.